Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4/9 - Web2Go plan no longer for iPhone users???

Thanks

Default 4/9 - Web2Go plan no longer for iPhone users???
    I have the $9.99 Web2Go for my 3G iPhone. It's been working fine for months, but it stopped working yesterday (4/10). I tried all the APN addresses and it still didn't work. I get the message "Subscription Upgrade Required" and it tells me that my current plan is not compatible with my device.

I called Customer Service and I was told that since I am an iPhone user, I now have to abide with either the $24.99 or the $34.99 full internet plans. I told them that I do not think I should be paying for this, since I do not get the 3G speeds that the G1's get. They told me they couldn't do anything about it. They say that the phone needs this plan "to run the apps," but I think that's a bunch of BS. Tmobile just wants the money AT&T is getting from their iPhones.

I still haven't upgraded, but I am quite annoyed by this. If I'm going to pay $35 a month just for internet, I might as well switch to AT&T and get 3G speeds. Is there any way know to bypass this message? And is anyone else getting this?

Thanks.

Anyone please??? I just want to know if anyone else is having this issue.
    Last edited by adp; 04-11-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you,

I thought I was the crazy one. Same error here. Just an FYI... was not able to find a fix yet... Anyone else have this problem or recommend a fix?

Thanks

Do you have that Tzones hack for the old plan? I wonder if that would also work for this. And are ANY web2go users having the same issue with EDGE?

i got same problem, before i had 19.99 plan, last week i changed to web2go, and on April 10 i got same problem

Angry Sadly
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and the guy told me that T-Mobile has stopped all iPhone users from using the T-Zones plan because the iPhone is not capable of handling WAP sites and some more bull he was saying to piss me off even more. Them bastards just want to rob you!! My bill is high enough as it is, then the fu ckers always wanna say "Thank You for being a valued T-Mobile customer." So I hope this isn't the end of the 5.99 plan. It was good while it lasted I guess but I am going to miss it because it is very helpful/handy to me. May just get the 24.99 plan but that sucks ***!

Wow, seems like its happening to quite a few people. Though, this topic is not getting as much attention as I thought it would. Anyone else? Hope they release a fix...

To answer your question, nope I don't have the T-Zones hack. Even though it seems like it would work because it would be using a proxy. I have not had the chance to try this but I am curious. It seems like whatever url you go to, T-Mobile Hijacks your browser and sends you to their upgrade page. Seems like it just re-routes your though their DNS servers. What would happen if you change your DNS to Verizon's public one? (4.2.2.1 OR 4.2.2.2) Can someone try this and let me know if it works?
    Last edited by EAG08; 04-12-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,881 Times in 6,038 Posts

I have the 5.99 plan and as of right now mine is still workong. Keeping fingers crossed.

Are you using epc.tmobile.com?

Thanks

Yes, I have used all 3 tmobile apn addresses and nothing. I tried edge on another phone and it worked fine, so tmobile must me getting the IMEI and blocking proxy for all iPhones. Does anyone have a web2go plan that works with tzones hack??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They want to charge me the price I will just let them know that I will be switching to ATT, and since I have the family plan and I make the decision for the rest of my extended family as well as which plan we use, I will move everyone.

4 Family plans with a total of 10 phones.
    with only one be on the T-zones plan.

So if they really want to try and screw me over for an additional $20 a month and lose over $400 a month, thats fine with me.

Make sure Tmobile doesnt know your using an Iphone. If you ever provided them with the IMEI of your iphone then thats how they know your using one. Call Tmobile from a different phone, and provide them with a different IMEI, so they wont know you are using an iphone.

Thanks

Every time you register your SIM to any tower, it automatically identifies you IMEI. You can call CS with another cell phone, but as soon as you switch to your iPhone, it will register your new IMEI. Like I said, my EDGE works just fine with another cell phone, but as soon as I switch to the iPhone it stops working.

We really need a solution for this. If I'm going to pay an extra $20 a month, I might as well switch to AT&T and get actual 3G speeds, unlike the crappy edge I get with T-Mobile.

Default Same Problem!
    I have the same problem. I was told I could hack t-zones and I have tried everything! It gives me the same error saying I need to upgrade? Please let me know or post if anyone figures out a solution. This stinks! Is it possible to switch from web2go which is 9.99 to t-zones which is 5.99 and epc.tmobile.com work?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to noisemaker19 For This Useful Post:

sunshine_nouth (07-16-2009)

Thanks

I just went to mytmobile.com and clicked on "Change Services." You get the following message:

"A note about the T-Mobile G1™:
    In order to use your new G1TM, you'll need to add a G1 data service. See the Required Service section below."

They're assuming we have G1's and we're getting 3G. Ridiculous.

So it seems like we have an unresolved issue here, which is affecting more people. I read on other online forums that this is happening to other unlocked smartphones, not just the iPhone. Such a dumb move by T-Mobile.
    Last edited by adp; 04-13-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I just went to mytmobile.com and clicked on "Change Services." You get the following message:

"A note about the T-Mobile G1:
    In order to use your new G1TM, you'll need to add a G1 data service. See the Required Service section below."

They're assuming we have G1's and we're getting 3G. Ridiculous.

So it seems like we have an unresolved issue here, which is affecting more people. I read on other online forums that this is happening to other unlocked smartphones, not just the iPhone. Such a dumb move by T-Mobile.
    If it show the G1 as your phone on MyTmobile website, click on the link that says not your phone on the top right of the page. Switch it to a regular phone like a razor. That should fix your issue with them saying you are using the G1

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 3g and im using $5.99 t-zones , still working fine.
    Make sure they dont know you have an iphone .If they can get more money out of you they will.
    I have never called tmobile from my iphone .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It sounds like for the moment this is only affecting 9.99 Web2go customers...can anyone confirm?

Is anyone on T-MobileWeb/T-zones (5.99) affected?

This may make sense, since the Web2Go plans are new and they seem to have only recently fully implemented them (I feel like I've heard they only started enforcing the 50 or 100mb caps this month). Perhaps few enough people have the older plan that they don't care? Because it's deprecated and theoretically no new customers can get it, maybe they'll leave it alone, as long as the use of it for non-wap devices isn't flagrant and conspicuous? I don't know.

This trend is distressing, however; this error sounds exactly like what I always got on my G1 when using epc.tmobile.com on my T-Zones (5.99) plan. I could use wap.tmoble.com, though only for the browser and email client because of the proxy -- other data-requiring apps did not work. The browser also intermittently gave a "User Agent" error, though using a browser that allowed using other user agents (iPhone, desktop) did not help. Nevertheless, tethering it to a computer with the same proxy settings worked consistently. It was really weird. Still, the important thing is that while epc was blocked, wap was not, though it did not work completely, but its failure to work did not seem exactly to be the result of their blocking it.

At any rate, it sounds as though the old T-zones proxy hack for iphones redirected most or all data traffic through port 8080 (in a way that was not possible on the G1) so it seems to me, though I could be wrong, that if epc.tmobile.com starts interdicting iPhones like it does G1s for those without the expensive plan, a working solution involving wap.tmobile.com could probably be implemented based on the old proxy hack.

Thoughts?

Is this something people should start working on now so a working solution can be developed before we all lose our data connectivity?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
    It sounds like for the moment this is only affecting 9.99 Web2go customers...can anyone confirm?

Is anyone on T-MobileWeb/T-zones (5.99) affected?

This may make sense, since the Web2Go plans are new and they seem to have only recently fully implemented them (I feel like I've heard they only started enforcing the 50 or 100mb caps this month). Perhaps few enough people have the older plan that they don't care? Because it's deprecated and theoretically no new customers can get it, maybe they'll leave it alone, as long as the use of it for non-wap devices isn't flagrant and conspicuous? I don't know.

This trend is distressing, however; this error sounds exactly like what I always got on my G1 when using epc.tmobile.com on my T-Zones (5.99) plan. I could use wap.tmoble.com, though only for the browser and email client because of the proxy -- other data-requiring apps did not work. The browser also intermittently gave a "User Agent" error, though using a browser that allowed using other user agents (iPhone, desktop) did not help. Nevertheless, tethering it to a computer with the same proxy settings worked consistently. It was really weird. Still, the important thing is that while epc was blocked, wap was not, though it did not work completely, but its failure to work did not seem exactly to be the result of their blocking it.

At any rate, it sounds as though the old T-zones proxy hack for iphones redirected most or all data traffic through port 8080 (in a way that was not possible on the G1) so it seems to me, though I could be wrong, that if epc.tmobile.com starts interdicting iPhones like it does G1s for those without the expensive plan, a working solution involving wap.tmobile.com could probably be implemented based on the old proxy hack.

Thoughts?

Is this something people should start working on now so a working solution can be developed before we all lose our data connectivity?
    So you're saying we should try implementing the T-Zones hack on the $9.99 Web2Go plans?

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    I have 3g and im using $5.99 t-zones , still working fine.
    Make sure they dont know you have an iphone .If they can get more money out of you they will.
    I have never called tmobile from my iphone .
    I have never called T-Mobile from my iPhone either. They detect your IMEI when you register to a cell phone tower. I'm guessing they haven't blocked the T-Zones users, or perhaps the hack you have is doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by djw78421 View Post
    If it show the G1 as your phone on MyTmobile website, click on the link that says not your phone on the top right of the page. Switch it to a regular phone like a razor. That should fix your issue with them saying you are using the G1
    It does not show the G1 in the website, it says that they do not "know" which cell phone I am using. Even though they know that I have an iPhone, they cannot "legally" put that in their website (for obvious reasons). But I also tried putting my old phone in the website, and that did not fix it.
    Last edited by adp; 04-13-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    So you're saying we should try implementing the T-Zones hack on the $9.99 Web2Go plans?
    Maybe, I don't know. It seems like it might be worth a try, as the Web2Go is presumably intended for dumbphone WAP browsers. Most of my investigation has been related to the T-mobileweb/T-zones, though, so I'm not as familiar with the details of it.

Thanks

I'll give it a try. I'm kind of busy with school these days, so anyone else who has the same issues and is good with the T-Zones hack would be of great help. We have definitely got to solve this without the ridiculous $20+ monthly increase.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast