Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4/9 - Web2Go plan no longer for iPhone users???

Thanks

I'll tell ya find out who has AT&T service in your area and ask what they think of it I have not met anyone who has been happy with the voice service particularly when traveling I was in a car accident in NY and actually needed a friends phone to call 911 as my at&t phone had 0 bars the one thing about 3G to consider is that the more users on the network will slow down the network like in LA
    but they aren't only hitting the iPhone users they're basically getting everybody they can there is no list the towers read the cell imei when they communicate.

here in kansas, AT&T has a lot better reception than T mobile does. On the turnpike on the way home, there is a 4 mile stretch of road where there is NO SIGNAL. Yeah, a major roadway between lawrence and topeka kansas and there is no signal for T mobile whatsoever, yet sprint and at&t and verizon all have a great signal there. Thats just one of many places that the signal is poor for tmobile, but there is also no signal in Ace hardware, the back of Walmart, etc. Weird, i know, but never had that problem with sprint.

Sorry, I got off the topic, but I hope AT&T with iphone is all its cracked up to be, or at least I have 30 days to make up my mind about it.

man I hope this isnt true I havent even gotten my new one yet. Im currently using the G! (Oh my god dont gather round me with your torches just yet) I got it free I need my damn iPhone and am looking for a 3gs, but just cant trust craigslist anymore

It's back! Looks like the internet's working again for everyone on internet2.voicestream.com.

Default Just adding
    my internet has returned as well. MY PHONE IS ALIVE AGAIN!!!

Thanks

Which is back the web 2 go or a different plan?
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

chessyang (08-28-2009)

Web2go is back for me.

Thanks

Congratulations to all of you guys for getting web2go back

WTF! Just had the nices csr change my data plan back to to web2go. Crossing my fingers and hope I get it like the rest of you guys/girls.

Should of pushed for the tzones 5.99

Thanks

no doubt it'll be fine

til next month

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

chessyang (09-01-2009)

Web2Go is fine for me, using internet2.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

sure, i'll have him call 'tmobile' since im a bad friend. have him tell tmobile he's on an iphone and his "web2go" isn't working.

you know tmobile reps are gonna say "get the package that works with your iphone, 34.99 a month for unlimited everything"

what kinda answer would you expect? "oh here let me help you hack our system to get cheaper internet"

tmobile reps are NOT your friend. stop blowing hot air out of your mouth. your post was a buncha who-ha. nothing.

i told him, and many others, they missed out and they can try other plans, or switch to at&t. your not an iphone genius, stop pretending.

thanks for the help tho!

(sell check)

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    UMMM OK I missed out the bashing the web2go people on the web2go forum. I do rememember the sidekick guy though and I do apologize but tzones no longer works was in reference to the fact that we can't add tzones anymore so it no longer "works" as an alternative. My posts may be missing punctuation and tend to have some typos but grammatically I'd say give it a rest since most of us are usually running off quickly to drop an answer to help people with a problem out you should use spell check before you criticize a persons use of grammar.
    I will continute to write out a long response so people don't make the mistake of switching to a more expensive plan when it isn't always the fix for the problem.
    If someone is going to say something is temporary they should tell us why e.g. the conversation they had with the carrier.
    I've logged a lot of time into conversations with carrier and have been thanked for relaying the information take a look at the actual data plans you'll see that it's a lot of repackaging of the web 2 go plan which is similar to tzones. For $24.99
    a month you may as well switch to at&t and get the 3g speed
    but hey thanks for posting that helpful post I now know to watch my grammar

More so why not just tell your friends to call tmobile and ask as opposed to just telling them to spend more money
    what the hell kind of friend is that yeah real helpful of you so what now you troll the forum and bash the people who have spent time on the phone with tmo to ascertain the problem so you can go back and look like you know something with your friends
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    i told him, and many others, they missed out and they can try other plans, or switch to at&t. your not an iphone genius, stop pretending.

thanks for the help tho!

(sell check)
    what is the hurt in trying? and what is "sell check"?

I for one am glad MREY is sharing his experience with this community and hope is helps a few users.

the T-mobile reps are not our friends? i'm glad, but why do they get the awards for best Customer service two or three years in a row? J.D. Power thing right?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chessyang For This Useful Post:

MREY (09-01-2009)

Thanks

Oddly I have told Tmobile everytime that I'm using the iPhone and whaddya know I also recently added tzones for $5.99 and even said in that post that while I gave it a shot becauce I didn't want to pay $24.99 I still don't feel it's a fully viable option because most people don't have the time to call them 3 or 15 times to get the right rep if they get the right rep.
    And no I'm not an iPhone expert if I were I wouldn't be asking for help on an iPhone forum,I am however a dumbass under the impression that the point of these forums is too help people through sharing experiences. Furthermore the $9.99 plan is back up and running if I weren't up in bumf**k nowhere last Wednesday I wouldn't have called tmo at all but since several of my "FRIENDS" had added the Tzones that day when I was out to dinner with them and we were discussing that I gave it a shot. AT NO TIME I have professed to be an expert on the iPhone but I do deal with contracts and finances on a daily basis and oddly I seem to yield to results as have a few others who used similar approaches the primary reason I use Tmobile is because they actually do provide customer service and while you may not always get exactly what you're looking for they still try to provide something. When I called and they said "oh you need the $25 plan but we'll drop the price on your unlimited family bundle by $10" I thanked them for that now since I did get Tzones later on that same day I'm saving $18 a month and another friend called TMO while we were at Lunch and also got the text price dropped and Tzones on 3 of his lines.
    I'm sorry you weren't able to offer your friends actual advice from an Adult perspective and just went with the lie down and take it approach.

To all others I apologize for my useless mispelled posts maybe I'll use part of the $216 dollars I'm saving this year to get hooked on phonics and a speak & spell
    Last edited by MREY; 09-01-2009 at 08:52 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

allegiance2me (09-06-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is web2go still working ,can anyone confirm? , we should have a status thread for this thing on modmyi lol....

i checked t-mo site ,and it stated unlimited web2go is $9.99 for "all other phones" , is this the new rate? i can't find the rate for 50 or 100 mb

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    is web2go still working ,can anyone confirm? , we should have a status thread for this thing on modmyi lol....

i checked t-mo site ,and it stated unlimited web2go is $9.99 for "all other phones" , is this the new rate? i can't find the rate for 50 or 100 mb
    I recently signed up with the $9.99 rate for "an unsmart phone", popped the sim into my iPhone and am up and running. Did go through the temporary outage, but all is fine.

Make sure the sim is in the "dumb" phone when dealing with t-mobile, so you don't go through their insistence that it can't be used with iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mspacer View Post
    I recently signed up with the $9.99 rate for "an unsmart phone", popped the sim into my iPhone and am up and running. Did go through the temporary outage, but all is fine.

Make sure the sim is in the "dumb" phone when dealing with t-mobile, so you don't go through their insistence that it can't be used with iPhone.
    thanks , i actually didnt sign up for web2go yet ,just wanted to make sure its working before i make my purchase ,how long was the outage?

It was a for a couple of days at the end of August. T-mobile had bounce ALL smartphones from data access, but it's pretty stable now.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mspacer View Post
    It was a for a couple of days at the end of August. T-mobile had bounce ALL smartphones from data access, but it's pretty stable now.
    Just gave in and added Web2Go Unlimited($19.99) yesterday and everything is up and running smoothly. Hoping theres not another outage anytime soon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456