+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4/9 - Web2Go plan no longer for iPhone users???

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It appears to be web2go only. I have a 2g running on T-MobileWeb/TZones and it's working just fine. My sister's, however, is a 3g running on web2go and she just
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It appears to be web2go only. I have a 2g running on T-MobileWeb/TZones and it's working just fine. My sister's, however, is a 3g running on web2go and she just started having the problem about a few days ago. The towers must know she's using an iPhone, and when I called T-Mobile to change that service to the 5.99 T-MobileWeb, they claimed that the service is no longer available. So it looks like they've shut the doors on being able to purchase the original T-MobileWeb/TZones, and that the current users are now "grandfathered" in to continue receiving the service..

adp
    Thanks

I'm surprised only a few people are complaining a about this, considering the thousands of iPhone users with web2go

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smo69 View Post
    It appears to be web2go only. I have a 2g running on T-MobileWeb/TZones and it's working just fine. My sister's, however, is a 3g running on web2go and she just started having the problem about a few days ago. The towers must know she's using an iPhone, and when I called T-Mobile to change that service to the 5.99 T-MobileWeb, they claimed that the service is no longer available. So it looks like they've shut the doors on being able to purchase the original T-MobileWeb/TZones, and that the current users are now "grandfathered" in to continue receiving the service..
    As discussed elsewhere around here, it *may* still be possible to add the 5.99 T-Zones, but they're definitely trying to stop new people from adding it. As such, maybe few enough people are on it or it's enough trouble for them they won't bother with anything like this for it. I hope so, for all of us using it. But that doesn't help everybody stuck on Web2Go.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I'm surprised only a few people are complaining a about this, considering the thousands of iPhone users with web2go
    Me too, assuming it is a lot of people. Perhaps this is being implemented gradually in different areas?

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
    Me too, assuming it is a lot of people. Perhaps this is being implemented gradually in different areas?
    It may be. What guide did you use for the T-Zones Hack?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Oliver350Z's Avatar
    Thanks

It still works for me, but it would suck if they really are beginning to block iPhones from accessing T-Zones/Web2go.

They will certainly lose a lot of customers.
    Unfortunately I am still under contract so I will have to live with Wi-Fi only.

I refuse to pay $25 - $30 for a slow-@$$ service...

PS.: I do not have T-Zones hack installed
    Housekeepin'?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have a T-Zones hack, nor did I use a particular guide, though I've seen some. I just use epc.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
    I don't have a T-Zones hack, nor did I use a particular guide, though I've seen some. I just use epc.
    Oh ok. I tried the epc apn and it doesn't work. So I guess trying the hack would be my last resort. If that doesn't work, I'll have to stick to the $24.99 plan, which sucks. But I have no other choice, as I still have a year left in my contract. I'm officially calling BS on Tmobile.

It's funny how Time Warner changed (increased significantly) their internet usage fees on the SAME DAY as T-Mobile forced iPhone users from the Web2Go plan to the Total Internet plan. Both on 4/10:
    http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S874671.shtml?cat=572
    Last edited by adp; 04-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is funny all the comments on here with nothing really of any fact at all. I called t-mobile with an iPhone 2g web2go 9.99 plan (which by the way is working just fine) to see about the problem. Now keep in mind that the web2go and t-zones 5.99 where never designed for to work on pda devices but with all the wonderful help of dedicated iPhone users we were just able to get it working. After my "nice" call to t-mobile I learned that the problem is not just affecting iPhone but many other models of even t-mobile devices. Seems to be hit or miss but is a current network problem that they are looking to fix. I was advised that I would need to have a trouble ticket filed for their network engineers to help find the problem as they were still looking to find out what the problem is. But since is a non-tmobile phone they didn't know how it works exactly with the network I needed to test my sim in a t-mobile phone to see if the same thing happens. Did and they filed the Ticket for me. So most of these problems that are happening are not becuase that they are blocking iPhones and anything crazy like that and need you remember you are not using the plan that they intend anyway and something that we were expecting but that is NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING. I repeat that they are not blocking the iphones. As previously pointed out alot of T-Mob users have iphones. Should be fixed shortly just fix your settings and wait. Now keep in mind I think it is funny with some comments about the slow internet on 2g iPhones and going back to att that is pointless would be no faster and you will pay more. For T-Mobile it is $34.99 for unlimted internet and messaging the same bundle with att will run you $50 and on rate plans t-mo has my faves 1000 mins for 59.99 and att is 900 mins for 59.99 individual plans. So if you want to go to att over this and pay much more other then the 20$ you have been saving from t-mobile since we have all been using the hack go right ahead.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M9x3mos View Post
    It is funny all the comments on here with nothing really of any fact at all. I called t-mobile with an iPhone 2g web2go 9.99 plan (which by the way is working just fine) to see about the problem. Now keep in mind that the web2go and t-zones 5.99 where never designed for to work on pda devices but with all the wonderful help of dedicated iPhone users we were just able to get it working. After my "nice" call to t-mobile I learned that the problem is not just affecting iPhone but many other models of even t-mobile devices. Seems to be hit or miss but is a current network problem that they are looking to fix. I was advised that I would need to have a trouble ticket filed for their network engineers to help find the problem as they were still looking to find out what the problem is. But since is a non-tmobile phone they didn't know how it works exactly with the network I needed to test my sim in a t-mobile phone to see if the same thing happens. Did and they filed the Ticket for me. So most of these problems that are happening are not becuase that they are blocking iPhones and anything crazy like that and need you remember you are not using the plan that they intend anyway and something that we were expecting but that is NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING. I repeat that they are not blocking the iphones. As previously pointed out alot of T-Mob users have iphones. Should be fixed shortly just fix your settings and wait. Now keep in mind I think it is funny with some comments about the slow internet on 2g iPhones and going back to att that is pointless would be no faster and you will pay more. For T-Mobile it is $34.99 for unlimted internet and messaging the same bundle with att will run you $50 and on rate plans t-mo has my faves 1000 mins for 59.99 and att is 900 mins for 59.99 individual plans. So if you want to go to att over this and pay much more other then the 20$ you have been saving from t-mobile since we have all been using the hack go right ahead.
    In that case, the T-Mobile CS reps better get their stories straight. I was told on 4/11/2009 by a CS rep that iPhones were NO LONGER compatible with the Web2Go plans, as these were too weak to support the phone's "apps" (BS). Is this not fact to you? If I call a company and their representative asks their supervisor about this, then I pretty much assume it's a fact. If you were told otherwise, then we obviously have a dispute regarding if this is a plan or technical issue.

But just to see if this is a "technical" issue, then anyone else who has this problem please post your location. This way we can see if it's local.

Palm Beach, FL
    Last edited by adp; 04-14-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had the same experience with T-mobile's CS... A lot of people who don't really know what they're doing will tell you that the plans aren't going to work on the iphone. I've actually had someone tell me that even though I had it working, it would've crashed anyway and thats why it wasn't workin anymore.

I've had a couple people who knew what they were doing. Told me to turn off my phone, did some magic, and when I turned my phone on it worked. Those are the kind of people that they need in their CS dept

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

CS not TS support stories will always have different opinions. Again just keep in mind that from what T-Mobile says to have the iPhone should be the internet smartphone plan. But others have found a way to get the cheaper one to work. Like back in early 2000s with the windows mobile phones were using the standard 5.99 t-zones and that was not supposed to be used and eventually. Like 4 to 5 years later lol was closed down. Seems even from reports hit or miss. Alot of people are still working is right now just network hicups.

adp
    Thanks

TO EVERYONE EXPERIENCING THIS GLITCH:

Try internet2.voicestream.com as the apn

Its working very slowly for me. So this was a technical issue, in which many mentally challenged CS reps assumed their own conclusions. I was not the only person who was told that the "apps" in the iphone could no longer be supported by the Web2Go plans. I guess T-Mobile gets to keep some customers after all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Internet2.voicestream.com is the APN for the (non-G1) Total Internet plan (or whatever it's called these days).

Given that we are also generally able to use the epc.voicestream.com one (also not meant for our plan) it seems like it ought to work. Epc still works fine for me so I haven't had occasion to try internet2.

If the issue is just a network issue with epc in some regions this seems like a valid solution. Actually, even if epc is blocking iPhones as has been suggested, internet2 may remain a viable alternative.

Anyway, I hope it isn't a real or long term issue. I agree that CS people are never going to (or at least, shouldn't) tell you that one of these plans is compatible with smartphones. They charge more for smartphone plans, so of course these aren't going to be officially supported. But as we know, that doesn't mean they won't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Solution!
    okay guys. i dont have iphone. or even an account. i just made one to help you!

well. i have the wing, same problem. thennn i got the crazy idea to try to type in internet2.voicestream.com as apn. !! I DO HAVE THE PROXY HACK!! now idk about iphones. but it works. 100%

i have never been allowed access through this apn, so i guess that this is a glitch. but with faster speeds on internet2. i hope it stays

uh.. i guess thats it. oh and delete yer cache b4 browsin this way, didnt work before i did. not IMEI problem, but watchout because ill bet that they'll start puttin this into effect for iphones, not a glitch.

but yeah this is prob temporary solution. hope it works for iphoners!!! thank me later

adp
    Thanks

Lol I had posted that solution a couple posts back..

But anyway, I was using internet2 BEFORE this happened, so there was a technical glitch in the system. EDGE stopped working while I was using this apn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello, my edge also stopped working on april 10th but i used internet2.voicestream.com and its working again. hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been having the same redirect problem. The thing is, it's not the IMEI that's allowing them to know you have an iphone. It's a UUID from the "data" feature of the iphone. The iphone is brodcasting that it's an iphone to every site you visit. For instance, go to google.com on your iphone, you get the iphone optimized version, then take the SIM out and put it in a dumbphone like a razr or try a windows mobile phone...you get a different page for the same site. It's just like a browser can tell if you're using IE7 or Mozilla. So all t-mobile has to do is grab that identifier and redirect it to their "upgrade your plan" page. I had the wap.voicestream.com for months and months but it stopped working yesterday morning. I then tried epc.tmobile.com and had it working for 1 hour before t-mobile stopped it. Then I switched to internet2.voicestream.com and it's still working now...not sure for how long...

If they really are pulling this on iphone users then this has got to be the biggest mistake T-mobile could make! I have a family plan with 5 people on it, 3 of which have iphones, all of which the contract is up in july! I only pay for the web2go plan, as do the other 2 people in my family with iphones, and I see no reason to pay upwards of $25-35 a month EACH for a plan that I can't even use the 3G on...my iPhone's worked great over edge for every single website I've used so giving us B.S. about wap sites not working is total crap! I go through all the trouble of unlocking my iphone and others just because I think it's way overpriced on AT&T and T-mobile is cheaper! I have 3 co-workers on T-mobile with iphones all on my recommendation, as well as the 2 members in my family and myself. If they continue to push this I can assure you I'll be talking to someone as high up as I can get in their support office and make all of this clear to them and if they push me I'll be switching 5 people off t-mobile and won't deal with them for good. If I'm going to be paying the same on t-mobile as I would on AT&T then why am I with t-mobile? At least with AT&T, for that price of course, I could have visual voicemail, 3G speeds and the option to upgrade my iphone for cheaper (contract discounts anyone?!?) then if I stick with t-mobile!

Anyway, sorry for ranting, this has me pretty steamed up! My point of this post is that if T-mobile pushes this they will be screwing thousands upon thousands of iphone users that paid insane prices for their iphones, of which it will take very little to get them all to just switch to AT&T, starting with me, because the biggest appeal of going with t-mobile is better service and cheaper prices! I promise you guys, I'll go to bat for you with T-mobile and will keep you posted if it comes to it.

~*Apollo*~
    Last edited by Apollo_316; 04-25-2009 at 12:21 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if anyone has heard anything more on this? I only just last week got my iPhone 2G, got web2go put on it, and was using internet2.voicestream.com for a bit until a friend told me to put it on epc. It worked for about 5 minutes before I got the message about the device compatability. So I'm back on internet2, and it's working fine. Any other word on this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've had the same troubles. If i ever try to use anything besides internet2.voicstream.com i get a message saying I have to upgrade my plan. (i have a 2g iphone)

I called tmobile the other day from my iphone because of a billing issue and the lady on the phone said, "sir, you have an iphone correct?" (I have never given tmobile the information as to what phone i am using. when i signed up, i just asked for the SIM card and told them i had a phone i was going to use at home) Of course, i didn't want to tell them that i did because then they would want to charge me more, so i told them at the moment i was calling from an iphone, but that my normal phone i use was a small flip phone, she said, "oh ok..." and then moved on.

So be careful, they're trying to get all they can, hopefully internet2 stays working for a while, or i'll be out of luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ashidar View Post
    I've had the same troubles. If i ever try to use anything besides internet2.voicstream.com i get a message saying I have to upgrade my plan. (i have a 2g iphone)

I called tmobile the other day from my iphone because of a billing issue and the lady on the phone said, "sir, you have an iphone correct?" (I have never given tmobile the information as to what phone i am using. when i signed up, i just asked for the SIM card and told them i had a phone i was going to use at home) Of course, i didn't want to tell them that i did because then they would want to charge me more, so i told them at the moment i was calling from an iphone, but that my normal phone i use was a small flip phone, she said, "oh ok..." and then moved on.

So be careful, they're trying to get all they can, hopefully internet2 stays working for a while, or i'll be out of luck

Yeah, that's a great thing to tell them, because they usually ask you to call in on phone other than your phone anyway, in case they need to have you do anything on it. So good call.

I've determined that T-Mobile reps know JACK. Every time one of them tells me something, all I have to do is talk to a different one and I get a different story.