+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Let's fix the EDGE problem with sim chips

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Nah no adapter.
    Thanks

Nah no adapter.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why would you reply to this thread its talking about iphone 3g with sim adapters??

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrozion2 View Post
    I have had this problem for a while now and i posted a thread about it. i have gotten a response from someone on who to fix this. i havent tried it because i lost on how to go on to my mac to edit the settings as he says to do....

(I Figured out how you can fix this. If you go in Cydia, there is a package called T-Mobile Carrier Bundle. Install it, then on your computer, go into the System/Library/Carrier Bundles/T-Mobile US.bundle/ folder and open the carrier.plist file. Check off AllowEDGEEditing, and add epc.tmobile.com in apns > Item 1 as the "apn." (This is assuming you have a Mac and the appropriate plist editing software.))

maybe this will help.. i am new so i would like to know how to do it if you figured it out.
    This worked for me. I was having issues with it losing EDGE on a reboot. I will keep you all updated. But instead of using the epc.tmobile.com I used internet2.voicestream.com
    Last edited by owensdus; 06-04-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks

sorry. Shoulda been more clear. I was using a 3g with a adapter but moved to the 2G cuz the edge was pussyng me off. But while on the 2G the same dam thing states happening .now I gave my 3G to a friend and as I was saying my edge is good now for 3 day and my friend is claiming the same thing. Now Mind u i'm on the 2g just unlocked and my friend has the 3G with adapter but the same edge issues are happening to us which makes me think this is a Tmobile issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,629 Times in 5,903 Posts

So weird. I use a sim on my 3g and it seems to work flawlessly for the most part.
    The odd thing is I bought it off eBay for under 3 bucks.
    I also had another one that just blew up and worked about 20% of the time, tossed that turd out the window.

Instructions were to use the wap. for apn.
    This caused me to continually lose my edde. I changed to epc. and waalaa been working ever since.
    So it seems that it just may depend on what data plan you have.
    No rhyme or reason, go figure.

Best part of this whole scenario is there may be hope for us with the release of 3.0 coming soon.
    I know the devs are working hard on a fix.
    Keep your fingers crossed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdmeg22 View Post
    This is how i fix it and it works 99% of the time. Turn off date roaming, and reset your network settings, the phone should restart, and if not manually restart your phone, when it boots up turn data raoming back on, and your E icon should magically appear. LMk know if it works for you guys
    i did this and now the spot where you manually change your APN is totally missing. help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem. I was unable to get the Edge to work besides putting the sim card on the other phone and then put it back on my iphone.. I guess I will continue to do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tmobile is saying there is an EDGE outage in my area right now that is only affecting certain phones. kinda sketchy because my friend is standing next to me and has EDGE on his SK08 and i'm running the SK plan on my iphone. it was working fine until last night.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12