Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

If I'm sticking with the Unlimited Internet access plan would I need these modifications? Or is the device usable once its been anysim(ed)?

well, this worked great for me. thanks!

Ok just upgraded my 102 OTB to 1.1.1 got it jailbroken and unlocked no problems...

EDGE only works part of the time and when it does, its extremely slow...

I tried the EDGE FIX from i.unlock.no and that doesnt seem to work -then i tried the above steps which interferes with my wifi....

I didn't have any of these problems with 1.0.2!

I'm a network engineer and this is what I think is going on.

The EDGE interface is unable to get an IP address or its DNS settings... Is there a place where I can set this information manually? Like some .plist somewhere?

Well I went ahead and bought the tools to open my iphone... I think this EDGE problem is partially related to the "no service curse"

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=17154&page=1

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone/

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by enkrypt3d; 01-18-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

goodluck, but it seriously aint a engineering degree thats gonna get your edge working lol

edge fix only fixes the edge settings in your network>edge stuff so it doesn't go blank after every restart of your iphone

use the tzones hack from bigboss's repo if ur using this
    or if it doesnt work it might not be just you as many people dont get it working. like me, i just use the "total internet" package and used the internet2.voicestream vpn

again, goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    goodluck, but it seriously aint a engineering degree thats gonna get your edge working lol

edge fix only fixes the edge settings in your network>edge stuff so it doesn't go blank after every restart of your iphone

use the tzones hack from bigboss's repo if ur using this
    or if it doesnt work it might not be just you as many people dont get it working. like me, i just use the "total internet" package and used the internet2.voicestream vpn

again, goodluck
    Yea it looks like EDGE is working now.. its still a little slow but I can deal with that.

I'm still getting the occasional No Service when I have full bars just 2 min ago. So I'm going to crack open my phone and insulate the back panel to see if that helps

Thanks

322 kbps on edge with t mobile. used edge fix and manually entered details, apn etc
    412 kbps on wifi. Thought it would be faster than that.Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12