Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

OK so does this change the fact that I'm getting total html or is this hack gonna allow edge to do the same as my total internet package. The T-Mobile rep said that the t-zones is just text based. thx guys

i get this error
    502 error
    i also get that error on my t-mobile dash....

anyone can help?

Got mine working thanks to whizkid!!!!!

...But I consistently only get about 56 kbps; I even drove to different places in my town (school, mall, etc) and pulled up Iphone Network Test to see if it would fluctuate. The weird thing is T-Mobile's coverage is really good in my area--at least the bars are always full and according to their website my area gets excellent coverage...

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just the luck of the draw, or has anyone had any luck with messing with some settings?

P.S. Thank you thank you thank you Whizkid for this excellent, concise guide---I followed it step by step and it worked perfectly! My brother and I were so happy

Hi

hopefully i can help with some questions since i just did this (2 ways) and had some success and failture using both ways.

1) If you follow the directions exactly as posted in post #1 of this thread your wifi will not work correctly. Edge did in deed work (all aspects except search funtion of youtube) but it would not recognize my wifi at home no matter what i did.

2) I used the following plist code in this thread over at http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...?t=6365&page=4 and now the phone will identify the wifi over the edge and edge will also work if i turn off wifi. Thanks to the poster who put up this link on page 3 or 4 i think.

--------------------

So there ya go, use the proxy.pac file in this thread but copy/paste the code from the plist file over at http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...?t=6365&page=4 and both edge and wifi will work correctly.

BTW, it is 350 am here in chicago and just performed 2 tests each over wifi and edge for everyone:

wifi 1) 1770.3kbps
    wifi 2) 1702.9kbps

edge 1) 211.7kbps
    edge 2) 205.8kbps

Hope this helps, pm me with any questions

Default hello
    Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    Here's what I did. Its so much easier because I had problems for weeks but I finally got it thanks to a member on this forum. Go to the installer app and hit sources. After that you need to add the Bigboss source. (there is a how to guide on this website. Its on the left hand side of this site. It says "how to install rouge sources) anyway Do a search for "bigboss source", someone posted the link. Anyways back in installer app you click on sources then hit edit. After that you click on add. Now it will prompt you to add the source URL. Enter it from the thread (remember you have to find the site) after you add the links (there's two) you exit installer app and restart the phone. To back to installer app and now you will have a bunch of new things to download. Go to utlities under install and there are two things you need to install. One says "tzone hack" and the other is the edge 1.1.1 fix. Install both. Exit apptapp and go to the edge settings and put in wap.voicestream.com in the apn box. Restart the iPhone and that's it. No need to mess with files or anything. Everyhthing should work. Did for me. Hope this helps. Sorry for the spelling, doing this from my iphone.
    Hello im trying to get the t-zonehacks and im using firmware version 1.0.2. at the installer im typing this BigBoss: "markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist" and then i went to sources i dont see those 2 files. can you help me please? thank you.

Iman, thanks for the tip...I had been trying for hours. This was a hell of alot easier. 5.99 tzones plan is giving me 180kbps here in Boston

I finally got mine to work! Make sure your apn is wap.voicestream.com, this apn only works with the 5.99 plan, not the 19.99 and the sidekick plan won't work for the iPhone (that was my problem)

To make your apn stick you have to go into com.carrier.plist and alter it there, its pretty simple

If you use the plist I linked to you wont have to do anything to keep your edge settings

its not under sources it will be under all packages then u go down to the "T" section and it will say T-mobile tzones hack then install and the other will also be under all packages in the "E" section and it will be titles Edgefix 1.1.1 like Iman07 originally posted. it worked for me i just tested it on google.com worked perfectly. thanks alot Iman07

Quote Originally Posted by cyx View Post
    its not under sources it will be under all packages then u go down to the "T" section and it will say T-mobile tzones hack then install and the other will also be under all packages in the "E" section and it will be titles Edgefix 1.1.1 like Iman07 originally posted. it worked for me i just tested it on google.com worked perfectly. thanks alot Iman07
    Yes, but i have to get something called "Bigboss" right? and then i have to go under all packages and look for those 2 files. how do i get bigboss?? i tried putting this url in but nothing happens. "markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist" and then i went to all packages i dont see those 2 files. please help thank you

Quote Originally Posted by chris1981 View Post
    Yes, but i have to get something called "Bigboss" right? and then i have to go under all packages and look for those 2 files. how do i get bigboss?? i tried putting this url in but nothing happens. "markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist" and then i went to all packages i dont see those 2 files. please help thank you
    ooo i c i ci i think u ran in to the same problem i had , it took me a few times to get it right. the 1st time i entered the url i didnt put http:// in front did u backspace on the http:// and then put the URL? cause i did that and it didnt work it said unidentiffied source , then i restarted my phone and still nothing , i then typed the full URL http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist and then it refrewshed i restarted my phone and it was under sources and the 2 packages were in the all packages section. hmm i hope that helps cuz it worked for me i swear

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Its weird, sometimes youtube doesnt work, and I cannot search on youtube when connected through tzone internet, only when connected to wifi. So its obviously not my Youtube hack, its the tzone hack. Anyone else having the same problems?

Youtube "search" won't work on T-Zone hack. However youtube itself will work.

No, T-Mobile has 2 main packages:

$19.99 total internet package
    $5.99 T-zone package (aka mobile web package)

A lot of people are using the T-Zone (mobile web package) with a proxy hack to enable the "full interenet" package. Only thing that doesn't seem to work is the "search" function of youtube.
    Last edited by jim0068; 11-14-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes, its work perfect. Thank you all you guys!

Oh, but just one more things, after hack T-zone everthing work great but Youtube and iTune it not work. with WiFi is fine. Any ideal for the problems? one more time thank you!
    Last edited by kentjenny; 11-15-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default question about the wap settings
    whats up everyone, here's my question, apologizes for the noob question. had a sidekick 2 pre-paid plan, sold the kick, got the iphone. was able to unlock, and to make a long story short i have a pre-paid iphone lol. but the wap settings dont work.

im guess is cause the sim card is running as if it were still a sidekick? or would i have to call tmo and upgrade my plan as if i had a "blackberry"?

thanks in advance for ne help i can get on this.
    Frankie Sonic

does this work for my 1.1.1 iphone?
    if not how about 1.1.2
    or which firmware will it work for?

from my experience, this hack will work for FW 1.0.2 and 1.1.1. I had a 1.0.2 before and the hack worked. I am now on 1.1.1 and the hack also works. For 1.1.1, you have to install a patch to keep your edge settings from resetting.

hey ppl i did correctly and when i go to a site it said internet error you do not have access to the site

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast