+ Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5659
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and how exactly do i explore my mobile and do i need any additional programs to do this please help im in desperate need

cyx
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i feel you dude all they keep pointing to is the 1st page lmao , i mean i have mobile finder alreadey i just need to kno how to explore it 2 /private/var/root =_=

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

You don't need mobile finder at all, the instructions are fairly clearly laid out there. I may make a new guide tomorrow, but it will be OS X. The easiest way to do file transfer is with SSH, check the guides for the detailed instructions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtliberatore View Post
    So I have done all the the required directions. I get the "E" Like it is connected and when all the apps check the internet, they just time out. No errors, like not connecting, they just time out. Please help because I do not want to drop the 15 bucks extra for the blackberry plan.

To add to it.

Mail : Yes
    Weather: No
    Safari : No
    Stocks :No
    You tube : No

So what could be the problem, I followed accordingly.
    I have the same problem as this dude. I dont understand. I did everything right and i tried a million ways and its just not working. my mails comes in but thats not worth the 6 bucks a month. Can someone explain whats im doing wrong or a fix? i have firmware 1.1.1. thanks.

cyx
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dammit i dont have OSX =_=

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You need to make sure the the two files are copie. The first file proxy.pac is always there. The other file can be overwritten by the default one if you reset the network or put in the att/cingular SIM card in the phone. The other thing that you need to setup is is EDGE setting.
    Make sure the SETTING - GENERAL - NETWORK -EDGE has the following values
    APN wap.voicestream.com
    user
    password

leave the user and password as blank.
    It should work everytime.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so this still works for sure with tzones? no suspension of the tmobile acount due to "excess of data transfer" or anything? even if i browse like crazy?

and when i activate tzones on my tmobile account, how long does it take to take effect... the lady said give it a couple hours but it definitely isnt working at all by the 2 hours... not even on my v3 thats made for tmobile. give it a week or so? orrr
    Last edited by modbox14; 11-09-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yes, mine's been on T-Zones for months, with no issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hello..
    Quote Originally Posted by rochastowing View Post
    This method works. I changed my plan from blackberry $19.99 to
    T-MobileWeb $5.99. I followed the directions and I did both my wife and my iphone. This saved me alot of money! I had to find a proxy.pac file first through google, then edited in textedit. Lastly I saved changes then went to
    "get info" and under "name & extension" I added .pac to the name...making it "proxy.pac" I also used cyberduck to transfer these files.

I included the proxy.pac file I made...just unzip it. Good luck.
    Thank you for the file .. now where do i put this file? which folder? thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 156 kbps.
    :]

cyx
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piloting View Post
    You need to make sure the the two files are copie. The first file proxy.pac is always there. The other file can be overwritten by the default one if you reset the network or put in the att/cingular SIM card in the phone. The other thing that you need to setup is is EDGE setting.
    Make sure the SETTING - GENERAL - NETWORK -EDGE has the following values
    APN wap.voicestream.com
    user
    password

leave the user and password as blank.
    It should work everytime.
    im still not understanding how to get these files on the iphone thats all im missing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default edge settings don't stay
    hi guys.
    I have the total internet and the speed is at around 170 but veries. lately i have a problem where the edge settings don't stay. i keep putting internet2.voicestream.com on the preferences.plist or via the phone GUI and reboot. come back they are gone. i tried to make the file read only but they are still gone. something within the phone reverts that apn back to nothing.... any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello i have searched everywhere on my iphone 1.0.2 for that file "proxy pac" /private/var/root i even looked in the mobilfinder. i mean where is that file?? thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    the files can be found in the download section. Use the search in the download section. Search for proxy and it should come up. Download the rar and unzip it. Then follow the directions from the front page. Good luck.

Imo, the hack is a hit and miss thing. You just have to keep trying. I'm on 1.1.1 and it's not working yet. But i will keep trying like i did with my old 1.0.2.

Thanks

Here's what I did. Its so much easier because I had problems for weeks but I finally got it thanks to a member on this forum. Go to the installer app and hit sources. After that you need to add the Bigboss source. (there is a how to guide on this website. Its on the left hand side of this site. It says "how to install rouge sources) anyway Do a search for "bigboss source", someone posted the link. Anyways back in installer app you click on sources then hit edit. After that you click on add. Now it will prompt you to add the source URL. Enter it from the thread (remember you have to find the site) after you add the links (there's two) you exit installer app and restart the phone. To back to installer app and now you will have a bunch of new things to download. Go to utlities under install and there are two things you need to install. One says "tzone hack" and the other is the edge 1.1.1 fix. Install both. Exit apptapp and go to the edge settings and put in wap.voicestream.com in the apn box. Restart the iPhone and that's it. No need to mess with files or anything. Everyhthing should work. Did for me. Hope this helps. Sorry for the spelling, doing this from my iphone.
    Last edited by Iman07; 11-10-2007 at 09:53 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

brent91055 (11-12-2007), chris1981 (11-12-2007), gcode718 (11-11-2007)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apacman316 View Post
    i have an ip address, but still it does not work...
    I have a unlocked 1.0.2 I entered wap.voicestream.com *even though I have unlimited data package.
    It works I did not do anything else though.
    Now when I enter in *3001#12345#* I get a recording that the # I have dialed is not a good working # and to please try to dial gain!!!

I have a T-Mobile sim in it.

I was wondering if anyone has any input into increasing the speed of the EDGE?
    It is quite slow.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well i did all that and i just have 1 question cause i have read around...is threre ANY way to get internet and everything working if i have tmobile prepaid? i also have the $1 a day plan. please let me know thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so i finally got tzones working (on my razr)... then i tried to get internet on my iphone... didnt work. i tried all the apn servers... they transfered me to a guy that i could barely hear speaking but i could make out "internet2.voicestream.com" and
    "total internet package" and
    "1 day free to see if you like it then automaticly goes back to tzones"

so i was just like oh wow neato thanks and took the 1 day since tzones didnt work. as i look now there seems to be a hack with the bigboss source?

i looked under sources in installer and all i have is apptapp and community sources... none of the things in either category are downloadable theyre just simply ... sources.

what do i need to do to "hack" tzones to get it working with full internet? or where do i find the big boss hack?