+ Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by whizkid Hey guys thats a good news i found out a way how to work on t mobile edge settings you dont have to touch any edge
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    Hey guys thats a good news i found out a way how to work on t mobile edge settings you dont have to touch any edge or apn settings well my Internet is working t mobile zone connection 5.99 for t mobile users

here is the way
    how to work on
    you tube
    maps'
    stock
    safari browser
    and many more working on net.....

ONE AND THE ONLY WAY PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCESS AS IT IS THANKS

1. explore your mobile and under

/private/var/root

you need a to copy a file called "proxy.pac"

create a file by opening a notepad and cut and copy this code

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
    return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
    else
    return "DIRECT";
    }

and name it as proxy.pac

PLEASE DO NOT TO SAVE THE FILE AS proxy.pac.txt but proxy.pac

and upload it at this

/private/var/root

(if by exploring your phone you dont see the change in file name ,download mobile finder on your mobile thorugh ibrickr and rename it on your iphone itself....)

After Copying download the file below

http://rapidshare.com/files/55487664...ces.plist.html

and go to

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

JUST OVERWRITE THE FILE WITH NEW ONE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM RAPIDSHARE

DONT NEED TO TOUCH EDGE SETTINGS OR APN SETTINGS AND THEN REBoOT YOUR PHONE

HERE YOU GO CONGRATS!!!!!

MINE IS WORKING WITH T MOBILE 5.99 t-zones plan and its pretty good speed

CHECK YOUR SPEED BY OPENING THIS WEBSITE ON YOUR IPHONE

http://iphonenetworktest.com/iphone_network_test

mine is 143.61 kbps wats yours/////////????

MIRROR
    http://files-upload.com/files/507698/preferences.plist
    dude, i did it but then my wifi would not work, whats up with that?
    i upgraded to 1.1.1 and are running fine, except i need to re-enter my edge settings every time i reboot the phone, it sucks!!!!! any idea.......like i said, with your method edge was working, however wifi was not........any ideas...

dude, if you are able to resolve the wifi not turning on just edge let me know......it happened to me too..... [email protected]
    Last edited by mariomejias; 10-25-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 502 error
    I dont know what i did wrong but when i conect to safari i get a
    error 502- Bad request
    The server could not resolve your request for uri:/

what should i do>

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

so this method works well.... anyone care to share how the internet speed is? fairly good considering that its edge on a mobile phone?

and i thought withthe 5.99 plan you could only go to certain sites for weather or movies... can you still hit like facebook.com or MMi with the 5.99 plan?

Thanks guys.
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes you can go to any site you want to without a problem. I do atleast with the exception of youtube working on edge

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can someone tell me where can i get a stock (orignal) "preferences.plist" file?
    I did everything and did get the internet to work but now i want to try the full internet package from t-mobile but would like to bring back that file back to original.
    Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does this work on prepaid/flexpaid plan?

Thanks

no

Thanks
    i got:
    internal error You do not have access to the site in www.google.com/

any help? i followed the guide precisely. my wifi still works. i haven't touched my edge settings after the mod.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Working 4 SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is it for sure. No more deletions on reboot. Edge setting remain for good!!!

http://limitededitioniphone.com/solu...n-v111-iphone/

I am telling u guys it really works. I have rebooted several times an it works. CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mrram; 10-30-2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: High lighting

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help....
    Hello,
    Just found this site and appreciate all the great info.
    I just got an unlocked Iphone (1.0.2)and have T-mobile as carrier.
    When I install my Sim card and set up Edge with APN it works fine for a while but then loses edge and sends an error message says"phone is unable to send or redieve calls.Contact Apple").When I go back to settings there is no feild for Ege(Just VPN).
    I initially set up the Egde(when it works)with either Internet2.voicestream(PW annd User blank)or wap.voicestream.I have an Blackberry Data plan with T-mobile so the Wap one allows internet and e-mail through Yahoo I set up so I use that one.Either one works but at some point it loses reception and then can not recognize the Sim and have to reboot several times to get back.
    My question is,if I set up the VPN area will that maintain my connection and hold better connectivity?If so,what should I put in for the settings(manual,auto,etc,as well as the proxy stuff?)
    Please help.I love the phone but find myself geting frustrated and reverting back to my Blackberry.

Thanks
    can anyone help me please? I really want to go online outside my home.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    i got:
    internal error You do not have access to the site in www.google.com/

any help? i followed the guide precisely. my wifi still works. i haven't touched my edge settings after the mod.
    I got the same problem, i installed all files and my tzones was up and working all web,and apps, but a few days ago it suddenly stopped and i contacted a tmobile rep. to see if tzones was on my acc. and he said yes but it will not work on iphone, he knew i had an iphone????

Anyways what can i do to fix thanks.........................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassjunkie View Post
    I got the same problem, i installed all files and my tzones was up and working all web,and apps, but a few days ago it suddenly stopped and i contacted a tmobile rep. to see if tzones was on my acc. and he said yes but it will not work on iphone, he knew i had an iphone????

Anyways what can i do to fix thanks.........................
    Read post #81 of this thread and follow the directions and you will get it up and running - I had the same problem using the $5.99 T-Zones plan - just follow the directions, re-boot your phone, and all will be well :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I've been reading all over about tzones on iPhone, I have done the edits and file changes, and have safari/limited youtube/weather/stocks working but Mail with my gmail account wont send/recieve. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeee View Post
    Hi, I've been reading all over about tzones on iPhone, I have done the edits and file changes, and have safari/limited youtube/weather/stocks working but Mail with my gmail account wont send/recieve. Is there a fix for this? Thanks
    I had the same problem - I had to manually set-up my Gmail on my iPhone - it wouldn't send emails when I set it up using the Gmail icon, I had to select "other" and manually put in the information.

Hope that works for you.

Oh yeah...and reboot too afterwards :-)
    Last edited by dooey5; 11-01-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Edge for 1.1.1 works with this config
    Don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but...

Here are simple instructions for making your edge work with t-mobile and firmware 1.1.1:

1. Contact T-mobile and activate the full internet option for $19.99 per month.

2. Enter settings, general, network, EDGE

3. Under Advanced it says APN. Enter the following: internet2.voicestream.com

4. Hit enter.

5. Leave username and password blank.

6. Power phone off, power phone on.

7. Congrats you now have t-mobile edge for 1.1.1 firmware!

Thanks to T-mobile support for this info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    I had the same problem - I had to manually set-up my Gmail on my iPhone - it wouldn't send emails when I set it up using the Gmail icon, I had to select "other" and manually put in the information.

Hope that works for you.

Oh yeah...and reboot too afterwards :-)
    Well, it kinda worked. But it seems to take a long time for the mail to get out. And it took two attempts to send a picture. Not sure if thats a limitation of the tzones plan or not. Does it still have that 400k cap on file sizes/web page sizes? This is using the IMAP settings for gmail. I might try the pop settings, just to try it, since the IMAP is so new for them. Thanks for the direction, hope the mail works better later,as its the only way to send pics!!

Thanks
    i downloaded the files from here. i have tried the steps/procedures over and over again. still no result. must be something with my T-Mobile. I have T-Mobile USA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeee View Post
    Well, it kinda worked. But it seems to take a long time for the mail to get out. And it took two attempts to send a picture. Not sure if thats a limitation of the tzones plan or not. Does it still have that 400k cap on file sizes/web page sizes? This is using the IMAP settings for gmail. I might try the pop settings, just to try it, since the IMAP is so new for them. Thanks for the direction, hope the mail works better later,as its the only way to send pics!!
    I'm not sure about the 400K cap - but it does take me a while to send pics as well via gmail (i'm using T-Mobile in the US as well and IMAP) When I used the POP3 access for Gmail, pics sent a lot quicker but, I prefer the IMAP technology over POP3. But that's just me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nuskool View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but...

Here are simple instructions for making your edge work with t-mobile and firmware 1.1.1:

1. Contact T-mobile and activate the full internet option for $19.99 per month.

2. Enter settings, general, network, EDGE

3. Under Advanced it says APN. Enter the following: internet2.voicestream.com

4. Hit enter.

5. Leave username and password blank.

6. Power phone off, power phone on.

7. Congrats you now have t-mobile edge for 1.1.1 firmware!

Thanks to T-mobile support for this info.
    I had EDGE on my 1.1.1 without full internet plan - I have the $5.99 plan and used the proxy.pac and other file to get my EDGE on my 1.1.1 - you don't have to spend the extra money if ya don't want to :-)
    Last edited by dooey5; 11-01-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey WhizKid....this post made me super uber excited to find out that I can activate EDGE on my phone....but I dont get the instructions. Im pretty literate and know my way around a computer... but really I didnt understand so help me a little....
    Im having a hard time understanding how u get the file from ur pic to your phone and all that stuff........... Can u help a girl out please? ANYONE? thanks!