Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

i have a 16 gb iphone 3g

have tried every APN setting and keep getting the Currrent plan is not compatible error message

detailed in this thread: Please Help!- Problem with Tmobile Carrier Settings on Unlimited Data Plan

please someone help me fix this :-(

same here internet2 has been down all morning long and it wont connect.

I'm running off apn internet2.voicestream.com and its finally working. Originally I was on wap.voicestream.com when i enabled MMS but then the internet wasn't working so I switched to internet2 and it works now. Right now safari, youtube, mail, googlemaps, pandora, facebook, Shazam...
    I'm about to test MMS but I'm not sure if it'll work since I put internet2.voicestream as my mms as well, I might have to leave that as the wap.voicestream.com

EDIT: Since I couldn't get MMS to work because wap.voicestream.com wouldn't stay saved in the MMS APN settings I had to update the ipcc for the system which set the Cellular APN: internet2.voicestream.com and the MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    I used an ipcc I found on this site and used this link as instructions
    Link
    to update the iphone with the modified ipcc
    hope this helps. I have both internet and mms working now. Its slow but it works.
    Last edited by bruce988jl; 12-19-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Default APN missing
    I tried using "MMS +Tethering Fix 5.6" and I no longer have Cellular Data/APN editing capability- those items are totally gone from my settings.

Does anyone know if I do ipcc, if those items will come back for me?

i have tmobile and im using an i phone 3g with the version 3.1.2 how do i get to the explore phone thing u mentioned?

how do i go 2 the explore mobile thing u mentioned
    Last edited by Q7ism; 01-05-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

T-Mobile settings should not be manually input anymore.

See the carrier bundle thread for more information on which bundle will work for you (based on the provided settings).

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)

this sounds awesome but you explaining this for advanced iphone users,,i just hacked my iphone 2g (8gigs) last night and with tmobile bundle it has the web2go,,,thats as mich as i know can u break down these sits abit more like how do youo "explore" your iphone??where do i get mobile finder??
    sorry if this sounds lame but just want to have my hack as good as your
    thank you

Quick question, which T-Mobile prepaid plans will provide you data using the bundle? Is it just the Sidekick one?

I have a new one T-Mobile is offering "$15/month, unlimited text/mms, $0.10/min," but am not sure if that one comes with data?

Yes, it seems with Sidekick you get some data service. Pretty much just e-mail. T-mobile blocks the other ports including the HTTP 80 one.

With your current plan you should be able to turn off your wireless and go to wap.t-zones.com and see your account. All other internet and TCP ports are blocked. I did see a $1 one hour internet pass option a few weeks ago but not now.

There are discussions using proxy servers, VPN, etc to get around the sidekick blocked ports. See T-Mobile Prepaid Sidekick Data Plan
    Last edited by rickgtx; 05-30-2010 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks

Default Tzone speed(edge)
    I didn't use the hack
    settings as follows internet2.voicestream.com
    Data roaming: on
    And on mytmobile page,I selected tmob wing as my phone...
    I don't know why but this is what made it work...changing the phone model on their lame *** page.
    I got 176.5
    Not too shabby...and it just keeps gettin' better updated speed as of
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0188.png   -img_0192.png  
    Last edited by iamubiquitous; 06-28-2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: add updated screencap
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.

Im trying to do this but i cant get to systemconfig in my winscp. It stop at preferences and i have com.saurik.cydia.plist and 3 other files, can someone help me?

Well I just purchased a prepaid t mobile aim kit online. When I recieve it. I will put it in my old t mobile piece of sh!t t mobile samsung stripe phone to activate it. Then I will put it in my newly unlocked 3gs and try to use it's network to run textfree from pinger. Even if an apn profile setup doesn't get me free Internet hopefully I can use the phones carrier service or 3g network or whatever you call it to get free texting with the app. Because the app says that it works over wifi or 3g.

Aim=sim*
    Last edited by wwfjdraw; 06-21-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey guys I'm having the same issues with edge. Every time I reboot it doesn't work. I have to put my sim into a tmobile phone start web and then I can put it back into the i4 and it works. Someone said to install tmobile carrier bundles but I can't find them. Any ideas

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

i do not have this in my iphone 4

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

i can only get to this location and no other folder are found

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences

look here.

System/Library/SystemConfiguration Bunch of folders in there that might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    i do not have this in my iphone 4

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist
    you'll find it here:
    /private/var/preferences/SystemConfiguration

Default Internet help!
    iPhone 4 with T-Mobile prepaid SIM
    Is possible to connect to internet ?
    I connect with wifi no problem.
    Please post detailed settings.
    Thank you

hey bro??could you give me some info of what exacky is that configuration for? im not very familiar with all tha apn settings stuff..what exacly do i get i i follow your steps?? pleas give me a sign.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Edge wasn't working on my iPhone 4 after I just updated to 4.1 but followed the instructions and BAM thanks a lot for the instructions, but should i delete the com.apple.preferences.network.plst file cause Im only getting 100kbps?

I almost gave up on my iphone 4 that I couldn't find any solution to fix my data plan on tmobile. I dont know what I did but it's working again. I installed (>>Cydia.pushfix.info<<)

1)Carrier Reset fix
    2)MiTime
    3)T-Mobile US MMS Fix

Now, my data plan is working and Cellular Data Network appeared under Network tab. Good luck guys!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819