+ Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So If i can confirm all I need to do is change my apn to epc.tmobile.com? I see some threads saying install a cydia app for tzone hack, I am
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So If i can confirm all I need to do is change my apn to epc.tmobile.com? I see some threads saying install a cydia app for tzone hack, I am running 2.0 firmware. Anything else I need to know, also will I get internet outside my area like in other states? Thnaks guys

Green Apple
    Thanks

hmm, well I just switched to t-mobile.
    and I have a flex pay plan, with the 19.95 100mb/unlimited messaging and I still have had no luck getting any of these apn settings to make a difference. The message I recived is "Your current plan is not compatible with this device. Please click here to view plan options"
    Oh and I am on firmware 2.1

Any Ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brianblunt View Post
    i entered the epc.tmobile.com and i tried to open safari , when i got on safari , TMOBILE told me that i wasnt subscribed to a web2go(SM) plan. however i already have the sidekick unlimited plan in which i thought web acess was unlmited this is what it says ~ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Sidekick Unlimited With Sidekick Unlimited service, you'll enjoy unlimited e-mail, AOL? Instant Messenger® Service (AIM?), Web browsing, and text and picture messaging. $19.99
    Now why isnt it working , if anyone could help me out id greatly greatly appreciate it, thanks !
    hey.. if you're on the sidekick data plan use

hiptop.t-mobile.com

and it should work.. make sure data roam is ON. Sometimes it picks up when it's off.. if nothing RESTART your phone and do the same steps.

ALSO: to the thread starter... if you can put the information about t-mobile sidekick users that currently have the $19.99 data plan to use "hiptop.t-mobile.com" as the APN.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i didn't exactly follow OPs directions, so i can't say they didn't work.

but, what did work for me was uninstalling my previous tzones hack that i had through cydia. downloading a new tzones package through cydia, and then setting my apn to epc.tmobile.com

everything is great now. i went without edge for a week, was quite an annoying period of time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where can i find this tzones update? i don't see it in my cydia. please help. got the error need web2go (sm) wtf mate!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mycoolm View Post
    where can i find this tzones update? i don't see it in my cydia. please help. got the error need web2go (sm) wtf mate!
    t-mobile US Carrier (internet.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so ive been a long time blackberry user but i gave in and bought a 16 Gig iPhone 2G last night. Ive been using the blackberry 8900 with internet on the EDGE network for the past 4 months. Tmobile however hasnt been charging me, i had a free month of internet as a promotion and they never took it off so my GPS and everything has been working using the epc.tmobile.com APN. However, i put my SIM into the unlocked/jailbroken iPhone and i get the uppercase blue E for EDGE but i am unable to access anything related to the data usage. APN settings for the iphone are epc.tmobile.com just like from the blackberry. I poped the SIM out and back into the blackberry and the internet was still functional so i dont know what the issue is with the iPhone and the APN settings? I'd really like to continue using the internet at no cost... Thanks for the help

Banned
    Thanks

I'm using T-Mobile on my iPhone 3G and everything works. However, I don't have one of those BB Unlimited or data plans, I just have my old Sidekick Unlimited plan.

Only thing I had to do to get everything up and running was go into APN settings and insert 'hiptop.t-mobile.com' and left the next two fields blank.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikez87 View Post
    I'm using T-Mobile on my iPhone 3G and everything works. However, I don't have one of those BB Unlimited or data plans, I just have my old Sidekick Unlimited plan.
    I have the old TmobileWeb, and I've started to see very low throughput (50 Kbps since yesterday) and poor latency too as measured by i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html. Anyone else? Could T-Mobile have started to throttle?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my post got screwed up
    I need help
    i went through the countless old pages..
    2.2 - Gevey Turbo sim, epc.voicestream.com (i think)
    no T-zones hack.. where do i get it?
    no clue how to make this work.
    ~edit
    9.99 unlimited
    Last edited by SubCool; 06-12-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: ops

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok- i FINALLy found a thread that states as of 4/9 tmobile basically blocked most Iphones with their IMEI from using the web.
    HOW DO WE FIX THIS!!!

AND STOP IGNORING THIS POST!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

They haven't stopped iPhone users, you just have to pay for the full data plan, it now costs 24.99 a month.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    They haven't stopped iPhone users, you just have to pay for the full data plan, it now costs 24.99 a month.
    Are you saying that the old epc.tmobile.com / $5.99/mo T-MobileWeb solution is being phased out?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    Are you saying that the old epc.tmobile.com / $5.99/mo T-MobileWeb solution is being phased out?
    Ya- currently according to another thread. there is a Grandfather clause, and also a small way to get around that by messing with the cusomter service rep.

I would like to know how we get around it the normal way for the cheaper plans. I currently have the 9.99 plan. How do we do it?
    And .. lets not hear the bragging on how you have it and it works.. unless u plan on supplying information on HOW to make it work. Full detail would help.

Given the way we do things.. i call that stopping us.
    As already stated in this forum, we dont goto Tmobile for the service area.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I temporarily got it working-
    I am setup for the $9.99 tmobile internet plan. I put my tmobile sim into a WM6.2 PDA phone using the same APN as my Iphone., and logged into Edge.
    After doing so, i switch the sim back into my iphone.

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

using the following APN requires subscription Upgrade.
    APN: epc.tmobile.com

I do not have Tzones hack or anything as such.

a1r
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what if i got the 19.99 unlimted text and data plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a1r View Post
    what if i got the 19.99 unlimted text and data plan.
    Same thing-

The 9.99 internet is seperate for people like me who have the 19.99$ bulk family texting plan. Even though we dont use it. I should probably change that.

This edge is pretty slow- but i guess it gets the job done, as long as your not surfing the web. I wonder if i can hack the G1 service on my WM6.2 phone- hhmmm
    Ill look into that later. I have other htings to fix on this thing now.

I'd like to upgrade to the 3.0, but most of cydia stuff isnt supported yet i think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Please try this bundle for MMS and tethering: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle. Sidekick plan bundle to come. Visual voicemail to come as well if T-Mobile's implementation is compatible.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Please try this bundle for MMS and tethering: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle. Sidekick plan bundle to come. Visual voicemail to come as well if T-Mobile's implementation is compatible.
    This doesn't work on the iPhone 2G, does it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    This doesn't work on the iPhone 2G, does it?
    I don't know. I don't have a 2G on which to test. Please try. It targets iPhoneOS 3.0. Make sure you have that.