Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

hey everyone
    i downloaded apn editing with cydia
    and i cannot find cellular network anywhere to enter the information for internet thru tmobile
    pls help me! i hav been tring to do this for a while

Yes that is correct on some devices that have firmware 2.2 and have been pwnage'd don't have the APN settings feature. Therefore, you cannot change the APN. I spoke with T-Mobile this evening and they confirmed that some iphones may not have that feature and the APN Edit in Cydia will not necessarily fix it. I'm hoping there is a patch for it soon. What I've noticed is that once you travel outside your normal coverage (home area) you do not get a updated APN network and therefore gives you an error, "Unable to connect blah, blah, blah...you don't have a data plan..." or something similar. The net result is you get no data access while traveling outside of your normal home area. Does anyone know if the APN feature needs to be selected in the PNWAGE tool for the build process and included properly in the iPhone firmware version 2.2?

Thanks,
    MT

install services.app off installer..then turn off edge wait 10secs then turn on... install tmobile edge settings there you go.

Got this from another thread in another forum. It worked for me immediately. Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
    MT
    Last edited by movingtarget; 01-07-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

only wish i found about this a long time ago..

hi as I have the Sherman Bank in this forum show me, just in-install the T-mobile carrier (international) hack and reboot it will have it ,I have that problem and I follow his showed ,it work well with me.

hey everyone, i did the steps outline here, after idid everything i went to go sign into aim on my iphone 3g, and it wont sign in, i have unlimited texting for family, when i spoke to rep from tmobile i was told am able to sign in to aim, also when i put sim card into my tmobile wing i can sign in, but when i do it on iphone3g after i did steps here i cant sign in at all. any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by k00lrav View Post
    hey everyone, i did the steps outline here, after idid everything i went to go sign into aim on my iphone 3g, and it wont sign in, i have unlimited texting for family, when i spoke to rep from tmobile i was told am able to sign in to aim, also when i put sim card into my tmobile wing i can sign in, but when i do it on iphone3g after i did steps here i cant sign in at all. any ideas.
    have you already added t-mobile's internet onto your plan? have you set your apn to epc.tmobile.com? if epc doesnt work (usually should) you can also try wap.voicestream.com . if that still doesn't work, try using wifi and see if you can sign on to aim that way. if you can't sign on with wifi either, it's not a problem with your phone's internet.

i tried the epc.tmobile.com, that did not work, i do not have internet on my plan but i have unlimited texing that allows me to sign onto aim, and i was able to sign on with wifi.

i got a test result over edge of 432 kbs...i turned WiFi off to make sure it was only EDGE. I have 2.2 and in my APN I used epc.tmobile.com.....when I use internet2.voicestream.com it give me a result of 93 kbs

How come the most I get is 64kbps?
    Sometimes I get speeds as low as 14kbps...

Can anybody help me please?
    I have been trying internet2 and wap APN config.
    The epc APN won't work

(By the way I have the 50MB / 200 SMS plan @ $9.99)

I got 344 kbps... I used epc.tmobile.com as voicestream wouldn't work
    -Ivan

hey, i just add the tzone plan to my service on my iphone for $5.99 buti don't know how to make it work so can anyone of yall assist me with it please. by the way i have 1st gen iphone 2.2.1 and 1st gen 2.2 and i wonder do we have to download particular application from the cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by binchen222 View Post
    hey, i just add the tzone plan to my service on my iphone for $5.99 buti don't know how to make it work so can anyone of yall assist me with it please. by the way i have 1st gen iphone 2.2.1 and 1st gen 2.2 and i wonder do we have to download particular application from the cydia?

All you have to do is set the APN:
    Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data Network-APN: epc.tmobile.com

After that you should be up and running online.

Quote Originally Posted by hwnstyle21 View Post
    All you have to do is set the APN:
    Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data Network-APN: epc.tmobile.com

After that you should be up and running online.

Works!!!
    No link... Thanks

cross posting my confirmation that this works on my flexpay style account 5.99 t-zone. and keeps working when i don't pay for the voice and keep cash in the flex account indefinitely. i usually pay once every 6 months or so to ensure i have some $ in the flex account for emergency call/text.

around the beginning of feb the proxy style started failing, i used an ATT sim I had sitting around with their $15 unlimited wap access for this last month and now i can confirm my t-zone style access is good to go again thanks to APN epc.tmobile.com

Quote Originally Posted by barryegan View Post
    cross posting my confirmation that this works on my flexpay style account 5.99 t-zone. and keeps working when i don't pay for the voice and keep cash in the flex account indefinitely. i usually pay once every 6 months or so to ensure i have some $ in the flex account for emergency call/text.

around the beginning of feb the proxy style started failing, i used an ATT sim I had sitting around with their $15 unlimited wap access for this last month and now i can confirm my t-zone style access is good to go again thanks to APN epc.tmobile.com

So are you saying that the reason that this works on your flexpay account is because you had previously signed up for the 5.99 t-zone service when you had a regular contract plan?

Thanks!

i entered the epc.tmobile.com and i tried to open safari , when i got on safari , TMOBILE told me that i wasnt subscribed to a web2go(SM) plan. however i already have the sidekick unlimited plan in which i thought web acess was unlmited this is what it says ~ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Sidekick Unlimited With Sidekick Unlimited service, you'll enjoy unlimited e-mail, AOL? Instant Messenger® Service (AIM?), Web browsing, and text and picture messaging. $19.99
    Now why isnt it working , if anyone could help me out id greatly greatly appreciate it, thanks !

Thanks very good guide! Im new to the forum, so not much knowledge about the iPhone. I should be getting one today and I will try all this stuff out when i get it.

Hi brianblunt ! I got the same situation as your. I am thinking to upgrade the firmware to 2.2 see We can you T-zone. otherwise I have to downgrade it.

I got it !! you have to reset your phone. mine is working now.
    Last edited by thematrix310; 03-27-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Thanks

723.5 on wifi
    140.4 on edge

Quote Originally Posted by awmcogic View Post
    i got a test result over edge of 432 kbs...i turned WiFi off to make sure it was only EDGE. I have 2.2 and in my APN I used epc.tmobile.com.....when I use internet2.voicestream.com it give me a result of 93 kbs
    i just did this same thing and improved my edge connection from 140.4 to 335.6!
    Last edited by candymanmike; 04-15-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

damn my first test was 520.1
    than 386.4 my second time on edge

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast