+ Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

Data on my iphone is not working anymore.
    I have tmobile unlimited plan.
    I have turbo sim card. Voice is working well.

In cellular data I tried:
    wap.voicestream.com
    epc.tmobile.com
    internet2.voicestream.com

But nothing is working.
    I restared the iphone.

wap.voicestream.com was working fine but since 3 weeks ago, I dont have data anymore.

Please help

thanks

nick

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

JUST OVERWRITE THE FILE WITH NEW ONE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM RAPIDSHARE

DONT NEED TO TOUCH EDGE SETTINGS OR APN SETTINGS AND THEN REBoOT YOUR PHONE
    My iPhone 1st gen 2.2 doesn't have this folder. I'm using iPhoneBrowser to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

JUST OVERWRITE THE FILE WITH NEW ONE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM RAPIDSHARE

DONT NEED TO TOUCH EDGE SETTINGS OR APN SETTINGS AND THEN REBoOT YOUR PHONE
    My iPhone 1st gen 2.2 doesn't have this folder. I'm using iPhoneBrowser to get to it.

Is this normal? What can I do about this?
    Last edited by itzbilly; 11-30-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my iphone edge stopped working a couple of days ago I have tried everything I know. and a combination of everything. (i have the tmobile blackberry plan)

do I need the cydia tzones hack?
    what apn do I need to use?

please help!

Je5
    Thanks

You cant use the Blackberry data package anymore they put out a patch of some sort... My friend at tmobile told that you just have to call in and say that you need help with an unlocked phone and thats it...
    Dont be that guy..!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Blackberry plan is still working I am straightened out with wap.voicestream.com as the apn and the tZones hack! safari is running and email and all aps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have T-zones plan, the cydia hack, and wap.voicestream.com in effect on 2.2 and my edge works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Which cydia hack?

im on 2.0.1 witha sidekick unlimited plan, that one wont work right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 3g that is on the 2.2 firware, and jailbroken, and am using it with tmobile through a proxy sim. I have the unlimited internet plan for 19.99... what do i set as my apn to get edge working? thanks!
    Last edited by jmano0o; 12-12-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: add plan

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmano0o View Post
    I have an iPhone 3g that is on the 2.2 firware, and jailbroken, and am using it with tmobile through a proxy sim. I have the unlimited internet plan for 19.99... what do i set as my apn to get edge working? thanks!
    epc.tmobile.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMontana View Post
    epc.tmobile.com
    Is this the best one to be using overall now? I seem to be hit or miss connection wise with that one and wap.voicestream.com. I get great phone reception but internet seems to be spotty at best. Anyone having a similar issue??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I have the blue E but...
    After doing this I finally got the E to show up at the top in blue but when trying to use the safari on EDGE it gives me the "Error 500 Internal Server Error" and on the actual page it says

HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

$MESSAGE$

RequestURI=/m?page=2

I feel like I'm close to getting this to work but there is definitely another tweak I have to do but no clue what it may be. Can someone help me please? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamubiquitous View Post
    I used the settings from my a1200 ming, (no username, no password & wap.voicestream.com), and I don't have an internet acct., yet it (my ifone.), will log onto any tmobile hotspot it sees...I thot it was free? I would hate to be stealing bandwidth...snicker.
    960.8 kbps!!????DANG!

Internet Setting T-Mobile
    T-MobileWeb Settings:
    Primary IP Address: 216.155.165.050
    Secondary IP Address: (Blank)
    Access Point Name (APN): wap.voicestream.com
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Profile Name: GPRS
    Username: (Blank)
    Password: (Blank)
    Home Page: thevoicestream.com
    Picture Messaging Settings:
    Multi-Media Service Center (MMSC) Address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/MMS
    Validity Period: 72 hours
    Hide ID option (if option exists): set to off, no, or disabled
    (kibikibi pwns!)

Internet Setting T-Mobile
    T-MobileWeb Settings:
    Primary IP Address: 216.155.165.050
    Secondary IP Address: (Blank)
    Access Point Name (APN): wap.voicestream.com
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Profile Name: GPRS
    Username: (Blank)
    Password: (Blank)
    Home Page: thevoicestream.com
    Picture Messaging Settings:
    Multi-Media Service Center (MMSC) Address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/MMS
    Validity Period: 72 hours
    Hide ID option (if option exists): set to off, no, or disabled
    (kibikibi pwns!)

hi could you help me how to set it up, i open installer or cydia it got to T-mobile home page and ask me have to subcrible web2go and it link to my t-mobile account information.

thank

Thanks

Does anyone know if these EDGE problems will be solved when the software unlock is released next week??

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just go into Cydia, do a search on "Tzones" and the BigBoss tzones "hack" will come up. Install it, put your APN as wap.voicestream.com and then restart, and your internet will work with the T Zones plan. (no youtube though which is lame).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So you can't view youtube on a iphone 3g with T-mobile service? Do you think this will change on future updates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read through this entire thread and some threads on other sites because I want to get internet on my Iphone. I called Tmobile and the first person I spoke with had no idea what I was even talking about when I said I wanted T-Zones. He transferred me to another person and I was told that T-Zones has been phased out of the T-mobile network and replaced with Mobile2go (or something like that) which is $2/hr for so many hours of usage. He told me that they have 2 data plans that can be used with the Iphone.

Option 1: $24.99 for unlimited Internet
    Option 2: $34.99 for unlimited Internet & unlimited SMS/MMS

I asked him a couple of times about the T-zones option and I think he started to get annoyed since he just kept telling me it is not physically possible to add that to a plan anymore. He told me he needed the IMIE number off the phone and when I read it off to him he said that it was not coming back as valid and he needed to send it off to a supervisor.

So, I'm not sure if anyone else has tried to get internet on their I-phone lately, but this is all I was able to come up with. I was paying $14.99 for unlimited texts so if this does work I would only go up another $20, which isn't all that bad. I am disappointed though since I thought for sure the T-zones option would work.

Edit - I have a 1st Gen 8gb Iphone with 2.2 firmware, unlocked/jailbroken with Quickpwn.

2nd Call to T-mobile:

I read through some of the other threads on this site and I refused to believe that the cheaper plan still didn't exist. I decided to call back and this time say that I owned a Razr V3 with the T-zone icon and I wanted to add the service. I just googled "Razr V3 IMEI" and I found a forum where people were posting their numbers, so I just used one of them. The woman with Tmobile punched in the IMEI number and she said the only available plan was the $9.99 MobileWeb plan and that T-zones was not available and even if it was they are phasing it out and people who have it will have to upgrade (that doesn't really sound feasible). Regardless, I added the $9.99/month MobileWeb plan and I am just waiting for it to go through and I will try the APN's and see what's fastest.
    Last edited by fujimoh; 12-29-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's the issue i'm having:

I have an iPhone 3G unlocked with Gevey sim on Tmobile. Phone service works great. I had Edge working just fine - my contract was for the $34.99 blackberry service w/ txt.

Since i got rid of my blackberry, however, i called on Monday and asked to be downgraded to just unlimited data plan, which was the $24.99 data plan described above.

sometime in the last two days the Edge stopped working. Has anyone else had this problem? The problem i see it is that its either something i downloaded in the last two days or i need to be on blackberry service to get the EDGE to work.

I've tried each internet2, WAP, and epc VPN addresses, and none work now, although the WAP worked before. I also gave he ZN website above a try, but it was no help.

I'd rather not have to restore, but if it comes down to it, i am willing to give it a shot to save $10+ a month in service fees.

Thanks for the help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i need help...

i just added tzones acouple of days ago..i know tmobile discontinued the service but i was manage to get it into my account. tzones will work on my iphone sometimes and now its not workking at all. im using epc.tmobile.com as my apn with the 5.99 tzones hack..can anybody help me why its not working? thanks

EDIT:
    i rebooted my phone with the epc.tmobile.com setting still and now the connection is working..weird
    anyways i check my network speed and its clocking in at 170.6 kbps. lets see my speed could hold up
    Last edited by danextbanks; 12-31-2008 at 10:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Have 3G Unlocked but T-zonez Dosent Work Please can u tell me how a can make this work i have 2.1 Version and i am subscriber with T-zone olmos 7 months please te ll me how can make this work

Thank you Very Much