Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Mobile Edge Settings Available Now - 100 % Workin

plz some one help me i am not computer savvy. i just bought an unlocked iphone with 1.1.4 firmware. i am using tmobile. i have installed the tzones hack off instaler and it didnt work. so i uninstalled. i then tried the one off of cydia. still didnt work. i did all the apn stuff with both install and both apns (wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com. now i am begging for someones help here. i do not know how to do anything like proxy.pac i dont know how to get to it or even what it means to do it. i need an answer and someone to help me i am at my wits end ive been trying for three days with no results. is there somethin i need to install to do the proxy.pac thing plz help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the (apn.tombile) worked for me. mine went down and now back up and faster.

the apn (epc.tombile.com) worked for me. mine went down and now back up and faster.
    Last edited by draggin; 09-18-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

confirmed!!!!!!
    this works on any firmware.

1. jailbreak and unlock the phone. duh
    2. turn on wifi. duh
    3. open installer/cydia. one or the other.
    4. select all packages or search for t-zones hack. (installer/cydia will only show you the one that applies to you.)
    5. install.
    6. turn off phone
    7. turn on phone duh
    8. go to settings and set the network/edge/apn to epc.tmobile.com instead of wap.voicestream.com leave the user and password blank.
    9. for 1.1.4 user and below, you will need to change the ip inside the proxy.pac file located in the iphone under, var/preferences/????? and change the 10.0.0.0 to 25.0.0.0.
    10.if this dont work for you, or you are having further problems, PM me.

i just did 3 speed tests with my tzones 5.99 plan a 2 bars of signal.
    1. 307kbs
    2. 308kbs
    3. 377kbs!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-22-2008 at 07:11 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

miikeo (10-11-2008)

im on 2.1fw, changing wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com got tzones working! thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bad news for me. My speed test results was 13.3kbs how can i improve this?

Thanks

I used the settings from my a1200 ming, (no username, no password & internet2.voicestream.com), and I don't have an internet acct., yet it (my ifone.), will log onto any tmobile hotspot it sees...I thot it was free? I would hate to be stealing bandwidth...snicker.
    960.8 kbps!!????DANG!

Internet Setting T-Mobile
    T-MobileWeb Settings:
    Primary IP Address: 216.155.165.050
    Secondary IP Address: (Blank)
    Access Point Name (APN): internet2.voicestream.com
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Profile Name: GPRS
    Username: (Blank)
    Password: (Blank)
    Home Page: thevoicestream.com
    Picture Messaging Settings:
    Multi-Media Service Center (MMSC) Address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/MMS
    Validity Period: 72 hours
    Hide ID option (if option exists): set to off, no, or disabled
    (kibikibi pwns!)

Internet Setting T-Mobile
    T-MobileWeb Settings:
    Primary IP Address: 216.155.165.050
    Secondary IP Address: (Blank)
    Access Point Name (APN): internet2.voicestream.com
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Profile Name: GPRS
    Username: (Blank)
    Password: (Blank)
    Home Page: thevoicestream.com
    Picture Messaging Settings:
    Multi-Media Service Center (MMSC) Address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/MMS
    Validity Period: 72 hours
    Hide ID option (if option exists): set to off, no, or disabled
    (kibikibi pwns!)
    Last edited by iamubiquitous; 09-06-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iamubiquitous For This Useful Post:

mianlien (12-21-2008)

Talking 1g iPhone 2.1 - from Suncom Blackberry Plan to T-mobile: APN for EDGE
    Just got off the phone with T-mobile... who is (quite proficiently) supporting the iPhone?!? I'm impressed. Anyway, I had suncom blackberry plan and lost EDGE when things switched over to T-Mobile.

Anyway after trying wap, internets 1-3 voicestream.net/com and everything else I could find, I gave up and called. I was surprised to be told that they could see I was using an iPhone (worried me for a sec), but they were super helpful and transferred me to the "Unsupported phones" dept. where I was told to enter

APN: mobileinternet
    User:
    PW:

... all working now! Hope this helps someone.

just tested at 201 kbs..no wifi..by the way hi everyone

Quote Originally Posted by phantomgreen View Post
    Just got off the phone with T-mobile... who is (quite proficiently) supporting the iPhone?!? I'm impressed. Anyway, I had suncom blackberry plan and lost EDGE when things switched over to T-Mobile.

Anyway after trying wap, internets 1-3 voicestream.net/com and everything else I could find, I gave up and called. I was surprised to be told that they could see I was using an iPhone (worried me for a sec), but they were super helpful and transferred me to the "Unsupported phones" dept. where I was told to enter

APN: mobileinternet
    User:
    PW:

... all working now! Hope this helps someone.
    Wait so all you do is put "mobileinternet" into your apn and it should give you edge? I tried it on mine and it didn't let me get anything.

Does anyone else know what apn to use now that the epc.tmobile.com stopped working for the ones of us that didnt have the 5.99 plan?

Default only getting 85-95 KBPS
    I'm only getting 85-95 KBPS.. I've had problems all weekend even getting ON the internet with it.. finally reset the settings to wap.voicestream.com and can get on, but getting lousy speed.. any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    Wait so all you do is put "mobileinternet" into your apn and it should give you edge? I tried it on mine and it didn't let me get anything.

Does anyone else know what apn to use now that the epc.tmobile.com stopped working for the ones of us that didnt have the 5.99 plan?
    yeah, i just put mobileinternet too and nothing is wroking. and i dont have 5.99 plan either, do i need to get it to use internet? are there any other options/

Default mobileinternet not working for everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post

NOTE: I still have a national blackberry plan in effect. The mobileinternet setting probably has to do with the free TCP/IP data in my plan... which looks like the 5.99 plan to me.

good luck,

call 'em seriously they don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by phantomgreen View Post
    NOTE: I still have a national blackberry plan in effect. The mobileinternet setting probably has to do with the free TCP/IP data in my plan... which looks like the 5.99 plan to me.

good luck,

call 'em seriously they don't care...

I called and they said that the only way to get the internet on the iphone was to use the unlimited 19.99 plan. Which is obvious because they get more money from that. Even though we all know that there is a 5.99 way to get it.

ive used epc.tombile.com and wap.tmobile.com,,,both dont work,,,epc.tombile.com brings up an error in the browser saying wipcore.t-mobile.com/upsellbar,,any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by vileone View Post
    ive used epc.tombile.com and wap.tmobile.com,,,both dont work,,,epc.tombile.com brings up an error in the browser saying wipcore.t-mobile.com/upsellbar,,any ideas
    your spelling tmobile wrong

epc.tmobile.com has always worked for me, until i turned my phone on airplane mode and now i lost the settings. lol

trying this tomorrow i also have the blackberry plan hopefully i could save myself some money also

Just curious if you guys are actually satisfied with using edge? Maybe I'm just too impatient, I like things to be decent/somewhat fast. Edge is really on the "edge" of being too slow for me, even if I'm getting 220kbps speed. It just isn't fast enough for me to browse and read forums like I would on the computer, I'd occasional check my mail since it doesn't require intense browsing like the forum would. I find by the time I get reading on a website it's already time to go already or I'd have a headache waiting. I wish 3G would work with T-Mobile.

well im on epc.tmobile.com and my speed is 462 kbps edge, 897.8 kbps wifi

works great thanks

So, anyway to stop that dumb redirect would solve the problem. Ima look into this and tell you guys if I find something

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast