Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T - Mobile Internet Configuration for Iphone

Default T - Mobile Internet Configuration for Iphone
    If anybdy know how to configure the tmobile internet please post it here

thanks

i need help. i can't get my edge network to work! =*(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

meeeeee tooooooooooooooo somebody help

looks like everybdy is facing same problem we need to reserach little bit more regarding how to setup tmobile total internet on the iphone

Go to Settings->General->Network->Edge. These settings SHOULD work:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    No username/password.

Hope that helps!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (04-24-2008)

I heard you had to pay for the EDGE network though. I think I was reading the OSX unlock iphone tutorial and at the end it said NOTE: To set up T-Mobile's EDGE, make sure you have the Total Internet Add-On (with or without VPN, to enable VPN you must call Customer Service) enabled on your account (its $19.99/month as of September 12, 07). The $5.99 T-Zones plan WILL NOT work.

you don't need the total Internet plan, the Blackberry plan will work as well. The sidekick plan does NOT work. Make sure to configure your apn as Nikos mentions above.

Default All you need is T-Zones
    I have unlocked my iPhone & am using T-mobile. All you need is to have T-zones on your phone $5.99 / month. You don't need the Blackberry package or any other package just T-zones. I can do eMail, text messaging, and surfing ... no problem.

As Nikos stated previously all you need to enter in Settings>General>Network>Edge :

No username/password.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to butisitart For This Useful Post:

shernsco (09-17-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

If that doesn't work, as it didn't for me, input apn as internet2.voicestream.com and user/pass as blank.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

rosinski (04-28-2010), shernsco (09-17-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If that doesn't work, as it didn't for me, input apn as internet2.voicestream.com and user/pass as blank.
    hi , i have a t-mobile prepaid plan to use with me iphone , i used the same setting as you said and still cant get it to work , i even tryed the side kick plan and that didnt work as well . i can see the little E on my phone it just dont work . what kinda of plan so i get with pre paid ? and how else i can setup my E network ? or can i use the vpn?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Tmobile $19.99 a month internet plan
    Hey all,
    I have tmobile USA as my provider. 'm still having a problem getting connected. I used iNdependence to activate my phone, iphoneimsfree to unlock it. I have firmware 1.0.2 and itunes 7.4.1.

I have the tmobile $19.99 a month internet plan, and I tried wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com & internet3.voicestream.com with the user & pass blank. It just says I can't connect to edge because I'm not subscribed to it.

Anyone have a clue?

i have the same issue ANY ONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON?

Default Link
    This link should help...you have to edit some files in the iphone to get it to work since you first didn't activate with AT&T

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...?t=6365&page=2

Thanks but what program do i use to edit in that info l? any ideas Thanks for the fast reply bud

Tmobile $19.99 a month internet plan
    Hey all,
    I have tmobile USA as my provider. 'm still having a problem getting connected. I used iNdependence to activate my phone, iphoneimsfree to unlock it. I have firmware 1.0.2 and itunes 7.4.1.

I have the tmobile $19.99 a month internet plan, and I tried wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com & internet3.voicestream.com with the user & pass blank. It just says I can't connect to edge because I'm not subscribed to it.

Anyone have a clue?
    I have the same plan and internet2.voicestream.com always works

Default EDGE Activation (T-Mobile Rep Explanation)
    Just hangup with a T-Mobile rep and she told me the following settings should make EDGE work:

Settings->General->Network->Edge. These settings SHOULD work:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    No username/password.

If it doesn't work for you give T-Mobile a call, and when the automated attendant starts blabering just say "Blackberry Support" and the guys at this department will be more than happy to help you out. (In my case they gave me step by step instructions on how to get to the EDGE menu for the iPhone!!!)

Hope it helps,

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Go to Settings->General->Network->Edge. These settings SHOULD work:

No username/password.

Hope that helps!

Default EDGE set-up Help?
    Just got off the phone with Tmobile setting up EDGE for my brand new 1.1.4 iphone that I unlocked. SETTINGS--GENERAL--NETWORK--(turn off WiFi)--EDGE--INTERNET2.VOICESTREAM.COM in the apn field. No password nor user name. You do need the $20 unlimted internet package through Tmobile though....Damn i love technology!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digiziner View Post
    Just got off the phone with Tmobile setting up EDGE for my brand new 1.1.4 iphone that I unlocked. SETTINGS--GENERAL--NETWORK--(turn off WiFi)--EDGE--INTERNET2.VOICESTREAM.COM in the apn field. No password nor user name. You do need the $20 unlimted internet package through Tmobile though....Damn i love technology!!!
    Yea thats all fine and dandy...
    but
    HOW CAN I USE THE ACTUAL PHONE
    MEANING PRESSING THE PHONE BUTTON AND ACTUALLY CALLING SOMEBODY???

I don't wanna use my iPhone as an iPod Touch...
    THATS THE MAIN POINT OF BUYING A PHONE, TO CALL SOMEONE

have you tried to restore it using itunes?
    i would do that and then try iLiberty+ for jailbreak, activate, and unlock...

i just bought an unlocked iphone, I have t-mobile, i've tried putting the internet2.voicestream.com it didn't work but when I put in wap.voicestream.com and it saids safari can't open the page because it can't find the server. could you offer any help. Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast