Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: smtp settings questionsis a discussion within the
T-mobileforums, a part of the
I can't seem to get outbound mail working. Here are the settings I'm using: Host name: myemail.t-mobile.com User name: <my ten digit t-mobile number> Password: <my t-mobile password> Use SSl:...
01-29-2009, 02:18 PM #1smtp settings questions
I can't seem to get outbound mail working. Here are the settings I'm using:
Host name: myemail.t-mobile.com
User name: <my ten digit t-mobile number>
Password: <my t-mobile password>
Use SSl: ON
Server Port: 25
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
01-29-2009, 05:06 PM #2
A lot of providers block access to port 25 from other networks to limit email relaying.
Try setting your port number to 465 as it is an alternate designated SMTP port.
I'm not applying any wisdom specific to T-mobile, but to the way SMTP is configured. It still may not work with your networks.
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM #3Correct SMTP settings for Tmobile iPhone
Here is what I had to do to get my pop email account working with my iPhone,
1) Log into my-tmobile here
2) Go to connect and share and click on configure email.
3) Add your email account into your My Tmobile email accounts (If you already have your email account working on outlook or outlook express, My Tmobile will give you the option to download their software that will automatically import your settings)
4) On your iPhone, add the email address and password.
5) you can use your regular incoming mail server.
6) for outgoing mail, use the following settings:
Host Name: myemail.t-mobile.com
user name: your 10 digit phone number and a colon followed by 1
Password: The same password you use to access your email
Server port: 587
This is how I was finally able to get my iphone to send emails using my work email. It should work for you as well, but obviously I cant make any promises. I spent a ridiculous amount of time until I finally figured this out. Hopefully this will save you all time.