+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: web2go show no usage on tmobile.com free internet?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been using t-mobile's 50mb web2go service for a few days now and used about 20mb of data usage, but when i go to tmobile.com to check my data
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default web2go show no usage on tmobile.com free internet?
    I have been using t-mobile's 50mb web2go service for a few days now and used about 20mb of data usage, but when i go to tmobile.com to check my data usage, it says i used 0 out of 50mb.

does anyone see the same thing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

Call them and find out, maybe they don't update the online stats often? You don't want to get a huge data bill at the end of the month and start complaining then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i tried calling and texting and both of the numbers online updates within minutes. the internet usage still says 0mb of 50mb used after i had it for a few days.

Thanks

it usually is slow, but like a few hours slow, not a few days.... I'd make sure you don't go over 50mb for the month and wait for the bill...
    2G iPhone:8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-Zones ($5.99)/FW2.2.1(5H11)
    LOST in the frozen backcountry of Copper Mountain, CO

iPhone: 3G/8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-zones ($5.99)/FW3.1.2

Mac: because two mouse buttons are scary.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

what do you text for data usage details? never knew there was a call/text for data usage n i'd be super interested in what that number would be
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

I can't find any star codes for data usage

all i know of are
    #646# (min)
    #674# (msg)
    #225# (bal)
    2G iPhone:8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-Zones ($5.99)/FW2.2.1(5H11)
    LOST in the frozen backcountry of Copper Mountain, CO

iPhone: 3G/8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-zones ($5.99)/FW3.1.2

Mac: because two mouse buttons are scary.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was thinking the same thing about the free internet. I have signed up for both the web2go plan and the total internet package and neither reported any usage on my account. I even deleted my service and still got internet without it. It finally started acting up regardless of what apn I was using so I went back to the web2go, and still no usage. I don't mind, if I'm only paying 9.99 for consistent unlimited internet then I'm totally happy with that. I asked here before but nobody seemed to know why it happens this way? I'll have my first billing cycle done here and I'll let you know if any data usage shows up.

PS. I tried talking to a tmobile rep about it and they couldn't even connect to my phone with the IMEI number on the back. So maybe I'm going undetected on the data network?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

smirkis - there is no way to call to have text you your internet usage. what i mean is i logged on to tmobile.com go to usage detail and write down my minutes and text usage. then i make a few calls and text a few friends, then go back to the website to check usage, see if it changes, and it does change. but no matter how much internet usage i do, it will always show 0 of 50MB used.

what i am thinking is that iphone somehow make it undetected through tmobile network. i made this post to see if anyone else i salso getting free internet because the internet usage are not logged by tmobile when we use it on iphone.

Sherman Banks - tmobile actully have my iphone's IMEI number. i called them and gave it to them when they tried to add web2go on my account. so i don't think it matters if they have your IMEI number or not.

Thanks

maybe they cant track it with out a non tmobile phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I gave them my IMEI number so they could find my phone and add a proper package and she couldn't. Of course, I was getting free internet before this, just sometimes it wouldn't work. Now that I'm using the web2go plan, the epc.tmobile.com apn works and data is consistent until I get out of service areas. Then it takes restarting to reconnect my data. Try cancelling your service and see if you still get internet, it worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sherman banks did you get your first bill yet? if yes, does it still show no usage for internet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not iPhone, but related
    While I don't own a iPhone, I did sign up for the 50MB+200messages data package add-on from T-Mobile a couple of months ago for $9.95. Here is how the representative over the phone explained the pricing on these packages to me.. After you use the 50MB (or whatever your package includes), it will charge you 25 cents per mb overage UP TO $34.99. After that you still can download, etc, but no further charges. This $34.99 is supposedly what one would pay for the "unlimited" version of these packages and so therefore you end up paying for that package instead during the month of excessive usage. I also saw on this site another thread where the user was told the same thing http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...es-web2go.html

Back to the point at hand, I have had this 50mb plan attached to my Motorola Rizr Z3 since March and I transfer many MB's almost every day and still have 0 out of 50MB shown used. Yet to make it weirder, go to check your current usage on the T-Mobile website and it shows the same (0/50MB) but ALSO details data sessions with many MB of usage...yet still 0 of 50?? So what gives? I had modded my Moto so thought this might have effected the account somehow but I recently got a Sony Ericsson TM506 and it's doing the same thing. I have used both phones with internal browser sessions and external PC tethering (mostly) and account still says 0MB of the 50MB used. Perhaps T-Mobile has a glitch in their system? Or maybe they are giving us free usage for now? I don't want to bring this to the wrong T-Mobile employee's attention or we may lose this 'benefit' but I wish we could get a scoop from inside T-Mobile as to what the deal is with it so we will know what to expect in the future of these data plans.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhch50 View Post
    I have been using t-mobile's 50mb web2go service for a few days now and used about 20mb of data usage, but when i go to tmobile.com to check my data usage, it says i used 0 out of 50mb.

does anyone see the same thing?
    T-Mobile has started posting the data usage of Tzones/web2go (wap.voicestream.com or any apn) starting May 2010. You can check their website and your May 2010 bill as well.