Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone with Sidekick Unlimited

Default iPhone with Sidekick Unlimited
    Hey everyone, I could use some help.

I have an iPhone 2G 2.2 on the Sidekick Unlimited plan. Getting data to work is what is bugging me. I know I cannot access danger's servers, but is there a way to get data working with this plan? I think I read that the EPC apn worked with this plan, however I get sent to the web2go signup page when I use that APN. Am I at a dead end with this plan?

Is there a plan or set of options/addons tmobile offers that I could possibly take advantage of instead of the sidekick plan? I use this iPhone for text messaging and (hopefully) data, but that is all, no voice. Also, prepaid would be required as I am not 18, but then again I could get someone to cosign with me so I guess it's not a huge deal.

Default tm
    just call tm and tell them you want T-ZONE$5.99 month. it will take up to 24 hrs to get hook up on tm end. you just go in to iphone setting,general,network, click on cellular data network and click on apn and install epc.tmobile.com no usename or password.
    restart phone. i just did this today to 2 phones works great

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The $5.99 t-zones plan has been discontinued. I think you will only have the options of $9.99 or $19.99 web2go or the $34.99 unlimited plan. These all use the epc.tmobile.com APN i think.

The only thing is, is that I already have unlimited internet with the plan I have now. T-mobile won't let me double up, and plus that's redundant to pay for internet twice.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent2101 View Post
    The only thing is, is that I already have unlimited internet with the plan I have now. T-mobile won't let me double up, and plus that's redundant to pay for internet twice.
    How much is the sidekick plan? Try internet2.voicestream.com if that doesn't work, you can call customer service and asked to be switched to the "smart phone plan."

Default tm
    sidekick will not work on iphone. call tm and get the t-zone plan.

there is no more tzone plan....

Can I just get the $34.99 unlimited plan and nothing else and pay ahead or pay as you go?

I'm aware that the sidekick plan won't work with the iPhone. That's why I posted this thread, to see if there were ways around it.

I believe the smart phone plan doesn't provide any text messages, and also, I am on prepay, so I would really like to keep it that way.

I'm so bummed the epc APN was removed from my area. I read that if you had the sidekick plan (or a t-zones plan) you could access that server.

get the 19.99 plan

unlimited texting

100 mb web surfing

thats what i am getting once i unlock it weds

have to remove my sidekick data tho

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    get the 19.99 plan

unlimited texting

100 mb web surfing

thats what i am getting once i unlock it weds

have to remove my sidekick data tho
    100mb is too little for me; I do like the unlimited texting though.

but how can u go over 100 mb on edge?YOUTUBe wont work etc

for just browsing and emails i think it will be fine

I'm a heavy user if you know what I mean

Is that an add-on to a plan, or a plan itself? Cuz I don't have voice thru tmobile, just data/text.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iphone will not work with dangers crappy sidekick internet plan. it uses specific servers to allow the sidekick to access the inernet. no way around it. no fix.

youtube works on any web plan now. tzones and web2go, i use tzones and youtube has been working fine ever since epc apn came out.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Yeah. Danger Sucks!!

phone will not work with dangers crappy sidekick internet plan. it uses specific servers to allow the sidekick to access the inernet. no way around it. no fix.

youtube works on any web plan now. tzones and web2go, i use tzones and youtube has been working fine ever since epc apn came out.

Um first off your wrong and it does work,if you would like me to prove you wrong i will glady make a video for you when i get my digital camera monday,along with logging into my tmboile account showing you my plan.

btw just tried youtube with the sidekick data works nice to....

anyway here is a screen shot of my account until i get my digital cam back to make a video,as you see i kept my sidekick data,and using it on my 3g no issues.

Last edited by rud3bwoy; 01-11-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default actually it does work...
    I see it has been awhile since anyone has posted here, but FYI it is definitely possible to access the sidekick plan on a jailbroken iphone.

In Cydia download ActivateMMS2G

then in your Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data Network
    enter:
    -----------------------------------------
    Cellular Data
    APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    Username: guest
    Password: guest

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 999999
    MMS UA Prof URL:

-----------------------------------------
    Camera Phone Picture Messaging Settings

I found out that in order for the settings to work like this you have to enter the MMS settings first, using wap.voicestream.com with no username or pass, for both cellular data and mms apns. then go back into settings and change cellular data apn to hiptop.t-mobile.com , username guest, pass guest

20. The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyblaze513 For This Useful Post:

skillz305 (07-31-2009)

thanks ..my internet is working now but when i send a picture message it gives me an error message at 99%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast