+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updated my unlocked iphone through itunes from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Unforunately I had to resort to asking you pros about my Iphone. I don't want to sound dumb, but I honestly do not know what to do, and I HAVE
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default updated my unlocked iphone through itunes from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4
    Unforunately I had to resort to asking you pros about my Iphone. I don't want to sound dumb, but I honestly do not know what to do, and I HAVE done my fair share of research the past couple of days.

Tuesday I recieved a used Iphone from a friend in Indiana. She had AT&T. There was obviously no SIM card, but the phone worked. The phone turned on and went to the home menu. I unlocked it and put my SIM in it (through ZiPhone). It had T-mobile in the top left corner, so I was using my own network.

I wanted to get T-mobile edge on it, so I downloaded iBrickr, during the process it said to remove the phone from the dock, so I did, and it never did ask me to put it back on. It just said the phone is disconnected, when I put it back on, it didn't ask me to continue, the screen simply cleared. I put it back on it's dock and opened iBrickr again, this time I must have had "restore" highlighted on the itunes screen and hit enter, because it updated without me seeing the screen UNTIL it was finished. The phone first went into the emergency mode, then it went straight to the plug and itunes icons (meaning connect the phone to itunes.)

Now this is the only screen it will stay on. Through itunes it told me to get a valid SIM. I've tried to restore the old firmware many, many times. I've tried to restore 1.1.2, and I tried to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and 1.0.2. Nothing happens. The screen stays on the plug and itunes icons. I'm assuming I'm going to have to wait until 1.1.4 is researched even more for hacks and whatnot, but if you can help me that would be wonderful.

I do not know what version of firmware she had on her phone when she got it, neither do I. My phone will only go on and off, when I turn it off the slide to turn off screen DOES NOT come up, it just goes off. The yellow icon will not show up. ONLY the plug and itunes icons will show up.

If you cannot help me now, can you tell me what I will do in the future? When the firmware 1.1.4 has been searched for hacks. Because the screen will NOT change, and I don't know what I could possibly do more to fix it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do a full restore to 1.1.4

use ziphone 2.5 to activate and jailbreak

then use ziphone 2.3 to unlock it. it'll downgrade ur baseband to 4.02.13g which is 1.1.2's baseband but it'll work fine on 1.1.4

or do a restore to lower firmware, 1.1.2 would be fine. then use ziphone 2.3 to activate/jailbreak/unlock ur iphone back to working order.
    Last edited by smirkis; 03-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why use ziphone 2.3 to unlock when 2.5 does it as well? Why is that baseband better?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it just depends bro, ziphone2.3 doesn't touch ur bootloader, ziphone2.5 downgrades ur bootloader inorder to unlock it. yes it works, but to much controversial opinions on which bootloader is better. but why downgrade it? downgrading bootloaders is dangerous and zibri even said that. its geohots downgrade method and even HE said its dangerous to run it. but zibri implemented it into 2.5 so it basically does it without telling you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for clarifying... you said downgrading is bad, but isnt that what unlocking with 2.3 does?