Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile BIGBOSS LOGO PROBLEM

Default T-Mobile BIGBOSS LOGO PROBLEM
    i had the bigboss tmobile logo on my phone, the one thats next to your signal bars and is in color..well, i uninstalled it by accident, and then i went to reinstall it, its not installing. it keeps saying:

Source Error
    subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1.

how can i fix this and be able to install this again?

anybody? thisis the actual tmobile carrier logo I'm talking about here....the one u downloadfromcydia tweaks... id loveto get this logo back helpp

nobody knows??? cmon!!
    Last edited by myke55; 11-28-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tmobile logo
    I also had that problem with the Tmoible logo, what I did was I reset my phone and the logo appeared and I had no trouble resetting Tmobile Edge setting wap.voicestream.com. Hope it works for you also.

Quote Originally Posted by OGONZALES View Post
    I also had that problem with the Tmoible logo, what I did was I reset my phone and the logo appeared and I had no trouble resetting Tmobile Edge setting wap.voicestream.com. Hope it works for you also.
    ive read somewhere that someone had this same problem..and they ended up fixing it with sSh....how do you do that?

no help

for the love of god someone has to know how to fix this...pleeeeeeease someoneee

Ok do you need help with SSH or an even easier usage with DiskAid USB connect(Win/Mac)? or where to drop the file manualy. I have both the T-mobile logo and the Edge icon tzones logo from the Theme but I use an image file instead of the theme so i dont run Winterboard JUST for that one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdBane View Post
    Ok do you need help with SSH or an even easier usage with DiskAid USB connect(Win/Mac)? or where to drop the file manualy. I have both the T-mobile logo and the Edge icon tzones logo from the Theme but I use an image file instead of the theme so i dont run Winterboard JUST for that one thing.
    ill do anything i can do to get that logo on there, (the actual T-Mobile graphic) instead of the regular tmobile font. tell me what to do!~

give me a second here. when i did the same thing i just restored (it was like right after i jailbroke it so i didnt really care) what you need to do is manually remove the corrupted or stagnant file thats just chillin. i dont currently off the top of my head know where its at. all we have to do is find it and remove it. then just install it again. just give me a sec. im at work so i cant ssh or anything special. im going off my head here

im going home right now actually.
    Last edited by cricketlang; 12-05-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

(I did this using WinSCP. I'm not sure if it is any different for any other SSH clients or whatever.)

1. SSH your iPhone
    2. Once in, click the "Up Folder" 3 times
    3. Go to System, Library, Carrier Bundles, then Unknown
    4. Scroll down until you see Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png
    5. Replace this with the image you want (I used the attached ones. You can also just google it) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU KEEP THE SAME NAME!!!
    6. Do the same for FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png
    7. Restart your iPhone, and it should be there.

Here is the YouTube video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDJohjpW7Xk]YouTube - How To Change Your Carrier Logo for 2.2/2.1 iPhone & iPhone 3G NO Customize Needed[/ame]

I tried downloading the T-Mobile Carrier Icon from Cydia, but that didn't work. I don't know if it was my iPhone or what, but this is sure to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    give me a second here. when i did the same thing i just restored (it was like right after i jailbroke it so i didnt really care) what you need to do is manually remove the corrupted or stagnant file thats just chillin. i dont currently off the top of my head know where its at. all we have to do is find it and remove it. then just install it again. just give me a sec. im at work so i cant ssh or anything special. im going off my head here

im going home right now actually.
    thats what ive been reading up on doing, i just dont know where the corrupted files are at to get rid of them! and why are they corrupted? what did i do to them to prevent this from happening again? all i simply did was uninstall it

Quote Originally Posted by noggin123450 View Post
    (I did this using WinSCP. I'm not sure if it is any different for any other SSH clients or whatever.)

1. SSH your iPhone
    5. Replace this with the image you want (I used the attached ones. You can also just google it) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU KEEP THE SAME NAME!!!

YouTube - How To Change Your Carrier Logo for 2.2/2.1 iPhone & iPhone 3G NO Customize Needed

I tried downloading the T-Mobile Carrier Icon from Cydia, but that didn't work. I don't know if it was my iPhone or what, but this is sure to work.
    believe it or not dude, this didnt work ughhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by myke55; 12-05-2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try deleting the TMOBILE US (or something like that) folder in Carrier Bundles. (I think that the files in that folder might be the corrupted files that cricket is talking about.)

When I first tried changing my carrier logo, I changed the files in the TMOBILE US folder and nothing happened. Then, I deleted that folder, changed the Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png files in the UNKNOWN folder, and my carrier logo changed.

Just to be sure, SAVE the TMOBILE US folder on your desktop. If anything goes wrong, you can just put that folder back into your iPhone.
    Last edited by noggin123450; 12-06-2008 at 08:25 PM.

ok this is weird. last night after i tried all that, i was like, **** it...im gonna try to download the tmobile carrier logo again (the bigboss one i was having the error problem with) so i did that and it actually workd. it didnt bring up that error message like it used to. but then it still didnt show up, even after i DLed it. so i sat and pondered..then went to my settings and rememberd i had that extra springboard options thing where i can make the carrier say whatever i want, and in that slot it said t-mobile, what i put so it'd say it. then i read in fine print underneath that if i wanted a logo or banner to show, i'd have to DL makeitmine app. so i did that, and surely enough it worked.

why did i have to go through that whole process even though i had the logo working once already previously and i didnt have to do all th is stuff? hmm.... in any event, i got it up there now. yay.

Thanks

1. SSH your iPhone

YouTube - How To Change Your Carrier Logo for 2.2/2.1 iPhone & iPhone 3G NO Customize Needed

Hey Nogg, is there a way to do this setup using Diskaid? I don't have a wifi to use so I can't use SSH. I don't even have an SSH logo on my iphone.

From what I've been reading on this forum. It only seems to work with 2G users and not 3G users.
    Last edited by BLASTphemus; 12-07-2008 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well good thing you got it working. I have to remember what I did because i'm getting my phone replaced and I had to restore it back to something passable so they can see it didnt work. Now i just have to wait till they get another one shipped in then i can exchange it and then load up all my fun stuff. I think i got a little confused what you wanted cause i was about to say if you downloaded the Tzones icon replacement for the "E" icon you NEED winterboard to get that to work unless you go and manually change it like i did. And those tmobile images you actually were referring to should have been in the unknown carrier.

For the Disk Aid question they updated their program to version 2.0 for Mac and 2.01 PC... not sure what the update was for but i can get into my phone fine with it. Its a 2G but they say the 3G it will work with as well as the Touch
    DiskAid - Transfer Files betwen your Computer and your iPhone or iPod Touch. Disk Mode for your iPhone and iPod Touch.
    Last edited by LrdBane; 12-07-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Thanks

Well no dice. I tried both ways and still nothing. I'm forced to use MIM, which isn't bad but I would love to have the official logos.

Hey Mike55, not to be disrespectful towards you but can you please be a little more specific? Your last post sounds as if you've been drinking a couple of 40's.

You can try to SSH via a USB cord. Here is a guide:

iPhone SSH via USB using WinSCP The Apple Daily

YouTube video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CghsFGVqc]YouTube - SSH into your iPod Touch/iPhone via USB on Windows![/ame]
    Last edited by noggin123450; 12-08-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. SSH your iPhone

This method worked for me. Make sure though, when your connected to the phone via SSH, make sure it asks you if you want to overwrite the file. I actually had to drag it over (the two t-mobile pngs) twice in order for it to actually work.