Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.2

I see that quickpwn 21-1 is only for windows. I still have the mac version that's good for 2.1 on my computer. will that work?

What about the baseband? Does this method downgrade it? It seems doubtful that it would. At the moment I can jailbreak it using quickpwn 2.2, just not use it as a phone. I briefly got the t-mobile logo after booting up but it disappeared and said no signal after that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the new quickpwn is out, trying it now will update later

I did all the steps in the youtube video. The first time I got error 9, and the second time 1013 like the video says. However, I have quickpwn 1.1 for mac and it doesn't recognize the iphone. Any ideas? Is it NOW safe to use Pwnagetool 2.2?

I upgraded to 2.2 last night and worked the first time. Works like a charm. No problems so far

Does a jailbroken iphone 2.2 work with tmobile?
    Last edited by jmano0o; 11-23-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: different question.

Quote Originally Posted by jmano0o View Post
    Does a jailbroken iphone 2.2 work with tmobile?
    only if it was unlocked

I upgraded yesterday to 2.2 and have unlocked and jailbroken it with no problems.
    2.2 is great

i have a 3g jailbroken 2.2..... so i cant use it without an updated turbo sim?

Green Apple
    Thanks

upgrade my 2g iphone to 2.2. Very easy to do. Any questions let me know...Jailbroken, unlocked with Tmobile

I unlocked and jailbroke a couple of previously Pwned iPhone 2G's on 2.2, and they work fine with T-Mobile. I even uploaded a couple of apps from Cydia and I have had no problems with them (except for LogoMe). But, reinstalling all of the apps I had before is going to be a pain. My advice: Don't upgrade. In my opinion, the upgrade does not have enough new features (Google Streetview and Mobile Podcast and a couple of bug fixes) to have to reinstall all of my apps.

I found another solution, although for $ reasons it isn't for everyone. I just used the live.com cashback program (google it to learn more) to get $200 off the cost of a legally unlocked iphone from overseas. (cost me $640 after the cashback). I'll just sell my own phone on craigslist or ebay and get most of that cost back.

Complicated, but easier in the long run. I'll still jailbreak it when I get it, of course, but now that I've officially upgraded to 2.2, I have no other options, (at the moment).

I upgraded to 2.2 on sunday. No problems, jailbroken and unlocked...using tzones.

I was even able to restore from backup in iTunes, so all my texts etc are back on the phone. (That wasnt always possible with other firmware upgrade for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Have you tried to use the old baseband packages?

"You need to downgrade the baseband firmware from 04.05.01_G, 04.05.02_G, 04.05.03_G, and 04.05.04_G down to 04.03.13_G which is the only one that can be unlocked.
    First you will need to download the baseband downgrader for Windows or Mac.
    Run the “ZiPhoneGUI - patched by kIREmK.exe” if on Windows or “ZiPhoneOSX patched by kIREmK 04.05.04_G [En].app” on Mac.
    If you don’t know your baseband version on Windows, check the “Downgrade Baseband” along with “Debug Boot” and click “START.” Otherwise just check “Downgrade Baseband” on Mac.
    Try unlocking your iPhone now. Hopefully your downgrade went successfully."

Downgrade iPhone v2.0 to v1.1.4 (Firmware and Baseband) | Code Retard

I got this from the coderetard page also... Good luck.
    I want to do this.. but before i reset everything on my phone has anyone does this and had it work successfully?

It didn't work for me and I suspect it won't work for anyone.

What's the point of that if you can already unlock and jailbreak 2.2???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12