+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile 5.99 hack and 2.1 questions please help

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey everyone, I have a couple of questions if someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated. I had a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken iphone using the epc.tmobile.com apn
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile 5.99 hack and 2.1 questions please help
    hey everyone,

I have a couple of questions if someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

I had a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken iphone using the epc.tmobile.com apn with the 5.99 hack. everything was working fine untill about last wednesday.internet was gone along with updating everything else. i then preceded to call tmobile and the guy said that tmobile was cutting off the free internet from the epc.tmobile.com apn. He then told me that the only way to get the internet to work again was to get the full data plan which i did. was this a dumb move on my part? is the apn still working with the 5.99 tzones hack? Did this happen to anyone else?

My second problem is with 2.1 firmware. I upgraded just this past weekend from 1.1.4 to 2.1 using quickpwn. i was pretty excited about it at first untill i realized how slow the internet was. is this normal with the full data plan on 2.1? also i have the 5.99 hack installed on 2.1 with the full data plan. is the 5.99 hack still necessary?

Youtube not working either? Anyone have this problem also?

I know that i have alot of questions any help that anyone can give would so appreciated i am in the dark with these problems.

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Uninstall the Hack package from Cydia.
    Then go to settings - general - network - cellular data network
    after APN type epc.tmobile.com and then reboot the phone. Youtube will now work and things should be overall faster.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

jgazark6969 (11-18-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the quick reply but now since i uninstalled the hack i get an error saying the server stopped responding any other ideas?

someone please help with slow edge speeds. Cydia wont even install packages efficiently unless im on wifi, it sucks having this great advance in technology and not being able to use it to the best of it's abilities
    Last edited by jgazark6969; 11-18-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Edge = slow. Just the way things are.
    So to update... are you now getting Edge to work consistently or still getting server errors? If so is it safari or Cydia giving you the error?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

edge working now just ungodly slow. Cydia wasn't working bc of edge. Thank u so much for this and the YouTube fix. Why is edge so slow? When I had tzones with the hack it was fast as hell. Thank you so much again!!!!!!!!

Thanks

it jsut is and T-mobile just changed plans with the data crap so that may have an effect as well...not too sure.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.