Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering T-Zones iPhone to Laptop

Default Tethering T-Zones iPhone to Laptop
    Hey All,
    Don't know if this has been posted, but I found a solution for tethering an iPhone with the 5.99 t-zones plan and getting it to work for internet on my MacBook.
    Here's the article that helped me: IPhone: The Best Way to Tether Your iPhone to Your Laptop (for Free)

Ok.
    I have a jailbroken iPhone with t-zones on T-mobile and just tried to set it up to tether it to my laptop running vista. I followed the instrutions on downloading pdanet from cydia on my iPhone and then also to set up the ad hoc on my laptop. When I try to connect to the new network on my iPhone it says "failed-unable to connect" after typing in my password for the network.

Anybody have this up and working? Maybe I am missing something simple...

Please help soon as I was thinking about going and buying a Cricket USB modem for my laptop.
    Thanks!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

try doing the usb mode, easy as crap and worked my first try. it just asks you to go to some website to download a quick program to run when the iphone is connected in pdanet format.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

To use pdanet on windows you have to go to www.junefabrics.com/desktop
    It'll install the pdanet desktop client so that you won't have to manually create another connection.
    *T*Mo**

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

anyone else try the usb method? it keeps dialing even when i close the program and don't even have the iphone connected damnit lol

im gonna edit some functions to see if i can get it to quit trying to dial for no reason, im already connected via wifi for crying out loud.

how slow is it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

slow like edge? lol

i figured it out, it was set to dial every time there was no connection present. disabled that and tada, only there when i want/need it

pretty cool that it actually works, charges iphone while you tether, and internet on a fullblown laptop when you need it. super useful

Will it cost on your bill with tethering on t zones or no since it is unlimited data

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

should be okay, i use my iphone a crap load as it is, only tested it a few times tho so can't really confirm a months worth of tethering.