Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
T-mobileforums, a part of the
Okay, I have some basic questions that neither tmobile or apple is able to answer, each tells me to talk to the other... 1. What is the difference between Tzones...
11-03-2008, 05:34 PM #1Help this iPhone/Tmobile Luddite!
Okay, I have some basic questions that neither tmobile or apple is able to answer, each tells me to talk to the other...
1. What is the difference between Tzones ($6) and the $20 data plan, if I want to surf the internet, check (receive and send) two email accounts (not web-based) text, send pictures, etc? Will t Zones work for all I need, or will it leave me wanting?
2. I have a macbook at home, when I change a contact on the iPhone, does it automatically change on the mac, or do I physically connect them through a cable for that change to take place on the macbook? (I use address, mail, iCal)
3. When I send an email from the iphone, does it appear in the sent file of the macbook ...in otherwords, does everything sync everywhere?
Or, is the only way to sync is by cable, connecting phone with mac
I think what I need is something called push technology, but I am not exactly sure what that is. Can you provide more info on that
Can I do what I want without incurring more costs with mobileme?
I want everything to be the same everywhere...how do i do this?
Please let me know if you need more information from me. Currently, I do not have a data plan on my cell phone, and have been lusting after the iphones, but can't switch to att from tmobile due to cost, and contract.
Please help me do what I want/need on the iphone using tmobile!
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM #2
1 Tzones is just cheaper intnernet, use EPC.Tmobile.com no tzones hack nothing just get tzones on ur plan youtube works over edge then, Email works too, Also Beejive Messenger works im using it on mine
2.Gotta Sync or use MobileMe
For push you just setup your email and use push in the settings, for syncing just use MobileMe or the Sync Cable, Do not switch to ATT, i would recommend since i use Tmo to just get a iphone, Jailbreak it and just unlock it and you can get picture messages also, Any other questions just ask!
11-04-2008, 06:07 AM #3
1. The difference is $14 bucks, sorry could not resist. Pcpro745 is correct. It is supposedly different ports through Tmobiles network but I set up my nephews phone and he can surf the web, use YouTube and send email as well as MMS. You should not need the $20 dollar plan.
2. It will not automatically change contacts on the macbook unless you get the MobileMe subscription from apple. You will have to sync the phone. You can sync just contacts/calendar to make the sync speedier.
3. Email sync can be acheived by one of 2 options.
a. MobileME from apple sync everything everywhere everytime.
contacts, calendar, email - subscription.
b. use and IMAP email account ie. gmail or others. Email sent on iPhone
will sync with email on mac book. Just go into advanced settings
on your email account on the iphone and make sure you have the
folders syncing with server. FREE.
Push technology = Exchange or MobileME. Once again MobileME is a subscription or if you have an exchange server then you can do this also.
mail2web.com offers a FREE mobile exchange type account that will sync contacts, calendar, email, on website only. Will not sync with your computer you will still need the cable to sync contacts and calendar. You can log in on your conputer through their web portal but it will not sync info on your macbook
Fetch is what I use and Mine checks mail every 30 minutes, but if you have email that you need to respond to immediately get exchange/mobileme type service. Intervals are 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
If you want everything everywhere with out paying for MobileME. I would personally go with IMAP email if you dont need email immediately. This will keep your email synced and you will not have to remember what you were using when you sent the email. Then just connect with computer and sync contacts and calendar.
Once again another Free option is web2mail.com free mobile exchange account, but this will NOT sync with your computer. But on the good side you will have contacts, calendar and email in one place.
Once again pcpro745 is right, get a 2G iphone and jailbreak, unlock and activate it and pop in your tmobile sim. Get the Tzones plan for $6 and install the TZones hack. You have data connection for $6.
Last edited by qnc; 11-04-2008 at 06:13 AM.Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
4s on 5.1.1 natural
4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3