+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Zones Outage: is yours working? Could it cause battery drain?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ive been experiencing problems with my tzones for the past couple days. After trying to trouble shoot the problem myself and 4 (apparently pointless and unneeded) restores I finally decided
    Thanks

Default T-Zones Outage: is yours working? Could it cause battery drain?
    Ive been experiencing problems with my tzones for the past couple days. After trying to trouble shoot the problem myself and 4 (apparently pointless and unneeded) restores I finally decided to call Tmobile and they are stating that since october 30th they have had a tzones outage for much of the country. No ETA on a fix.

Aside from that, could the outage be causing battery drain from the iPhone searching for the edge data ip? Cause since the 30th it seems the battery has been draining much faster. I thought maybe it was the new SBtoggles(bossprefs replacment), but even after a restore without installing it I am still loosing juice quicker than usual. Im going to try turning off edge.

Anyways, anyone else having problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so kill your edge connection using bossprefs for a couple days and see if that fixes your battery problem. if t-mo says its out anyway, you won't be missing anything and this will at least help troubleshoot.

what part of the country are in, my tzones works fine.

Thanks

I highly doubt it has anything to with your battery sucking.

Green Apple
    Thanks

tzones been working fine for me in NYC been running extremely fast today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    tzones been working fine for me in NYC been running extremely fast today
    The operator was reading the problem off of something to me. She said its not just me, I hope this is the case, because I dont feel like troubleshooting. She said it was on the lower east coast, most of the complaints... Im actually west texas... but she said it was the network and not the phone. I hope its back shortly

Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone View Post
    so kill your edge connection using bossprefs for a couple days and see if that fixes your battery problem. if t-mo says its out anyway, you won't be missing anything and this will at least help troubleshoot.

what part of the country are in, my tzones works fine.
    Im in West Texas(el paso)... I did shut down edge. Havent charged the battery yet to build a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    I highly doubt it has anything to with your battery sucking.
    Battery seems so bad now. And Ive restored multiple times, only installing bossprefs so I can get the numeric battery.. swirly MMS, the 5 icon dock and tzones hack.(I used to have a LOT of apps, with no out of ordinary loss)
    From 100% within 3 mins of use I was already down to 97%... that was just the screen on, no web surfing or phone calls, I was just looking at the USAGE screen. 15 mins already went down to 87%... Thats a lot of battery gone. almost 1 percent per minute! Dont understand it.
    Last edited by reznor9; 11-01-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i talked to my buddy which is a tmo employee and that person states for a fact that they are changing tzones and making it better and its gonna be called something else ... tmoweb or something like that .. and its differnt somehow i forgot what that person said but they had to go to an orientation all about it .. so im sure that is what is happening .. as for me my tzones still work and im in south florida

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    i talked to my buddy which is a tmo employee and that person states for a fact that they are changing tzones and making it better and its gonna be called something else ... tmoweb or something like that .. and its differnt somehow i forgot what that person said but they had to go to an orientation all about it .. so im sure that is what is happening .. as for me my tzones still work and im in south florida
    don't want to sound negative but I wish I could get some feedback from people whose tzones isn't working because it makes me feel like it's just me. Although it's happening to my wives iPhone too. Hers is a 2G, mine is a 3G.
    Every now and then the edge icon will appear and I will show a data ip address for edge in my bossprefs but when trying to load a page in safari it just times out
    Last edited by reznor9; 11-01-2008 at 09:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

my tzones works great right now. im on it right now. hope you figure that out.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm in Texas, Dallas/FT Worth area, my T-Zone does not seem to be working either...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same here im in Waxahachie-Dallas area and my T-Zones has been crapping out on me for like the past 3days or so...you are not alone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in socal and my t-zones hasnt been working for a while. after i reset network and type in the epc apn again seems to work for a while then after that it works only when it wants to.

Thanks

this is probably a long shot, but how often is your phone configured to fetch mail? even with edge turned off, could it be trying to connect to your mail server? have you turned fetch mail off? like i said, probably a long shot but i'm sure you're willing to try anything at this point.

is it just your 3g or is it your wife's 2g too? what are the differences in the way the two are configured?

oh yeah, i'm in KS and tzones is fine where i am but i went to downtown kansas city and i couldn't get anything to load. when i got home that night, it worked great again.
    Last edited by ksiphone; 11-02-2008 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks

it stared working again. At least on the 3G. Not sure if my wifes 2G is working yet. Guess they were just upgrading the servers or something.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in Florida and my TZones hasn't worked for a few days.

EDIT: After a hard restart it's working again. EPC.TMOBILE.COM
    Last edited by Acme54321; 11-02-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My T-Zones works and i live in the Philly area.

Thanks

Update:: My Tzones is still out.. it works in short bursts, and better in some places than others, but ultimately its not working. This problem has also been happening to my brother in laws tzones on his 2G iPhone, and I believe the internet on his blackberry curve.

On my 3G even my tmobile phone signal is hit or miss at my house... getting NO SERVICE, then it picks up the signal at a later time.. sometimes it says Tmobile, then it will sometimes say AT&T briefly... at one point it picked up another network called MovieStar(think its a mexican network)... getting me frustrated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ditto
    mine has been in and out. I recently went to Vegas last weekend and it was out the whole time I was there. I'm back in Oakland CA, worked a few days and is now out again. My friend in Alameda is getting Edge but another friend in another part of Alameda isn't. I tried doing everything, hard reset, changing APN, soft reset... Going kind of crazy here. I hope everything is being fix as we speak... Glad to know I'm not the only one though!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Found the solution...

Put the sim card into another T-mobile phone and turn on edge and make sure it can go online or whatever. Then pop it back into the iphone and reboot it. That should work! Worked for me!

Thanks

thing is, it seems to stop working only in certain areas. Like my house. It's worked for over a year here. But out of the blue, it stopped. But if I drive a block or 2 down the street it works fine. Must be a bad tower around here. Dunno. Or could be coincidence.