Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 t-mo..do i need to install t-zone if i have 19$ plan?

Thanks

Default 2.1 t-mo..do i need to install t-zone if i have 19$ plan?
    i went to my network settings put..''internet2.voicestream.com'' but edge wont work did reboot/hard both didnt work...i installed t-zone 5.99 and reboot and works with my 19.99 plan..does this affect any web browsing? will it slow down a bit? also tried ''wap.voicestream.com''

how do i get my 19.99 plan to work without installing t-zone hack on my 2.1 t-mo 1st gen iphone ..

dose internet2 faster than wap. or they same? dose it block certain web sites? example i get 500 internal error sometimes when i installed the hack.. but when i was on 1.1.4 internet2.voicestream.com i didnt get that problem..

thanks
    Last edited by pacmac; 10-30-2008 at 12:33 AM.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    i went to my network settings put..''internet2.voicestream.com'' but edge wont work did reboot/hard both didnt work...i installed t-zone 5.99 and reboot and works with my 19.99 plan..does this affect any web browsing? will it slow down a bit? also tried ''wap.voicestream.com''

how do i get my 19.99 plan to work without installing t-zone hack on my 2.1 t-mo 1st gen iphone ..

dose internet2 faster than wap. or they same? dose it block certain web sites? example i get 500 internal error sometimes when i installed the hack.. but when i was on 1.1.4 internet2.voicestream.com i didnt get that problem..

thanks
    - Change your data plan (either online or by calling T-Mobile) from the total internet ($19.99) to T-Zones ($5.99)

- Uninstall whatever T-Zones hack you have installed

- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

- Restart your phone

- Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input epc.tmobile.com as your APN and leave the "Username" and "Password" blank

- Restart your phone

Everything (yes, everything) should work as if you had the total internet.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

CARINIOSO (11-04-2008), dailomac (10-30-2008), pacmac (10-30-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    - Change your data plan (either online or by calling T-Mobile) from the total internet ($19.99) to T-Zones ($5.99)

- Uninstall whatever T-Zones hack you have installed

- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

- Restart your phone

- Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input epc.tmobile.com as your APN and leave the "Username" and "Password" blank

- Restart your phone

Everything (yes, everything) should work as if you had the total internet.
    hey i followed ur instructions and mine worked awesome thanx..
    'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory' ~ Bruce Lee

Thanks

I'm in USA ...this set up is for USA right?

I'm on 19.99 plan will speeds go slower if I go to 5.99 plan data?

Thanks=}

edit**** gots it to work...thanks.. now as of my 19.19 data plan is that better and a bit faster than the 5.99 data plan or same?

thanks
    Last edited by pacmac; 10-30-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    I'm in USA ...this set up is for USA right?

I'm on 19.99 plan will speeds go slower if I go to 5.99 plan data?

Thanks=}

edit**** gots it to work...thanks.. now as of my 19.19 data plan is that better and a bit faster than the 5.99 data plan or same?

thanks
    I found the 5.99 plan with epc.tmobile.com APN is way faster the my old 19.99 plan with the wap.voicestream.com APN
    pic of im edge network test speed my iPhone edge speed on TwitPic

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

while we are on topic guys,

my buddy just got a 2G 16giger, i unlocked it for him. works awesome.

He is on the 19.99 plan, we used the epc settings. works great, very fast. much faster then att edge running side by side.

we called t-mobile and they said that the 5.99 plan will be much slower and if he wanted to switch back to the 19.99 plan he would have to pay the new 25.99 price point.

what gives? will the 5.99 provide the same speed or is it slower?

they lied the 5.99 plan is actually faster for me then the 19.99 plan

Thanks

Default Hello!
    My Name is Mike and I am a new iphone user! I have T-Mobile and I have no clue where to start. I never had an ipod and I am not tech savvy but I am willing to learn from you guys. I do not have a data plan and I use the wifi signal in my apartment. Will i be charged fees for using maps, youtube etc using the wifi signal?

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Will i be charged fees for using maps, youtube etc using the wifi signal?
    With respect to wifi, no data charges are incurred from your carrier. You are not using their network.

Thanks

this "epc.tmobile.com" is unstable for me..works fine for a while then I can't accses my safari/maps/weather.ect..
    Yes I uninstalled any tmobile hacks or any t-mobile and reset network reboot and reboot iPhone..

But when I put internet2.voicestream.com and no t-mo add on from source it works fine and I don't get any problems like I get with "epc" network setting.. There is a internet2 add on. On cydia but not tested it yet with the internet2 setting whice I have at the moment..

i posted in the wrong thread.
    mods please delete.
    Last edited by razor99x; 10-31-2008 at 05:15 PM.

i lost my edge.. now i cant connect to internet.. its bs.. i tryed everything and its not working..
    'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory' ~ Bruce Lee

hi would this work if I am still on 1.1.4 or i need to upgrade to 2.1
    also i been out of the iphone forum for a little while and my iphone is on 1.1.4 and there are no new applications on installer and can not connect to the internet with the tzones $5.99 plan so i just got some time off right now and want to upgrade my iphone.
    does anybody know how can i upgradre to 2.1 and what do i need to do.
    thanks alot.