Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any TMO users upgrade FW to 2.0 or 2.1?

Default Any TMO users upgrade FW to 2.0 or 2.1?
    If so, how did it go? I'm kind of nervous to do it.
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Blackberry Curve
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

Hey. I just like cool phones.

Yea i've upgraded to 2.0 before and then to 2.1 now and im gonna eventually upgrade to 2.2 when it comes out.

It really is easy now for anyone to update to any of the FW's once the software is available from the dev's.

2.0 and 2.1 FW's are great especially with the App Store i would say you should definately upgrade but you might want to just save your self some of the trouble and just wait for the 2.2 FW to be released.

What did you use to do it? I'm on 1.1.4. Did you use that file iphone 1,12.1 ? (the one that's posted in the unlock section)?

I'm a little concerned that some people had their phones froze doing this, but I'd like to get the App Store on there.

I got a G1, but I am not loving it. It's not bad, but the battery life is horrid. I'm giving it back and going back to the iphone, but now that I had the G1 App store, I really want the Iphone app store!!!
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

I'm not to sure what you mean by the "iPhone 1,12.1 file" but when i unlocked it i just used Quickpwn.

The better way to upgrade though is to find a custom FW file and restore your iPhone with this file. The reason you do this is because when you have Cydia and you just "update" it, it leaves about 500mb of junk on your phone everytime you "update" it

Yeah, that file is a custom file. It is in the unlock section, first subject "how to upgrade your FM using windows", and it points you to that custom file and you use iTunes.
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just use Quickpwn Thats what ive used, ive done it like 4 times lol

It worked perfectly fine for me

I just did it, used iTunes and the "shift restore" and slapped that file on it. Works well. Lost some apps, but they can be re added. Glad to have the app store. It also added a video recorder to it, but I'm sure it kills the battery.
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

If the video recorder your talking about is "cycorder" it works great and it doesn't use that much battery and the video quality is pretty good.

I am having a few issues.

1. Wifi isn't staying on. It just shuts off and I have to go in and select my wifi network again. And, it's set to auto connect. Didn't do that before

2. It vibrates and beeps when I get an email, but vibrate is off.
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive been on 2.1 with T-Mobile since the jailbreak was available. I used the custom firmware method. Made the firmware using pwnage on my mac, and Did the actual upgrade on my Vista computer with iTunes 8. Worked perfectly, and 2.1 is much better than 2.0 . Faster sync times, and no keyboard lag, made me happy.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Are you sharing that file? (=-:
    IPhone 1.1.4 unlocked
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Nokia N-82

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    Are you sharing that file? (=-:
    There are a bunch of links to firmwares posted here, all are pretty much the same as the one I used. No custom boot logos, and winterboard pre-installed.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish