Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: My Iphone won't receive/make any calls

Default Help: My Iphone won't receive/make any calls
    Hi,

I have an iphone running on t-mobile, unlocked. My phone always worked fine, but ever since I updated to 2.0.1 and then to 2.1 it is working really funny. Friends and family will call me and the call goes straight to voice mail.

Worse than that, now that I have updated to 2.1 (5 days ago) I can't make any calls. When I try to call any of my contacts the phone initiates the call by indicating that it is calling, but it never dials, no sound whatsoever. Eventually (sometimes after a minute) it tells me that the phone call failed, that I should call back. This situation got really bad today, the entire day I haven't been able to make or receive any calls. I tried re-starting the phone, switched off bluetooth and wifi, to no avail. Please help...!!!!

having the same issue and the way I am using it now and it works is with my Bluetooth

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

your baseband needs to be downgraded, we are all having the problem... Down to 04.03.13_G
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

thanks for your help infamous 12550...I'll try to downgrade it and see if it helps

infamous12550, do I have to downgrade the firmware from 2.1 in order to downgrade the baseband?? I am new to baseband downgrading, would you mind giving me some tips on how to downgrade? Thanks and appreciate the help
    Last edited by issakovo; 10-25-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by issakovo View Post
    thanks for your help infamous 12550...I'll try to downgrade it and see if it helps

infamous12550, do I have to downgrade the firmware from 2.1 in order to downgrade the baseband?? I am new to baseband downgrading, would you mind giving me some tips on how to downgrade? Thanks and appreciate the help
    I actually dont know how to do it... I had someone do it for me today on my 16g. He basically said it needs to be done in order for the phone to ever be unlocked. If I find out I will def get back to you. I have been at it for hours now.

Wanderlei Silva

I am stil having a ton of problems with my phone...it shows the t-mobile signal and strength, as well as edge. it also allowed me to access my voice mail...but I still can't make any calls or receive them...i finally tested the sim card on another phone and it works, so I am sure that the problem is the phone...it's not bricked and I can still pretty much run any application, besides making or receiving calls...is anyone else having the same problem?? Your input would really be appreciated, thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by issakovo View Post
    I am stil having a ton of problems with my phone...it shows the t-mobile signal and strength, as well as edge. it also allowed me to access my voice mail...but I still can't make any calls or receive them...i finally tested the sim card on another phone and it works, so I am sure that the problem is the phone...it's not bricked and I can still pretty much run any application, besides making or receiving calls...is anyone else having the same problem?? Your input would really be appreciated, thanks

I know someone that was having the same issue, & somehow the phone was damaged after updating. They restored it back to 2.1 w/ iTunes, then used winpwn to just activate it & then brought it back to Apple & got it replaced. There is no fix for your phone once this happens. I had everyone under the sun try to fix it...

Wanderlei Silva

does anyone have the winpwn 1.0 program? My phone will not make or receive calls and it shows no service all the time now. Just started doing it today. I had to restore and downgrade back to 1.1.4.

OK I'm about ready to smash this IPHONE!!!!
    I having similar problems...
    This problem usually happens when I don't use my phone for more than 8 hours (Ex. when i go to sleep)
    I never shut my phone but for some reason when I wake up in the morning to use my phone, it appears to dial the persons number but i don't hear anything
    I can receive any calls either during this period.
    I have full reception...

When i reset my phone, I start receiving all my text messages from when the phone went into this frozen state.

This problem occurs almost every morning as I wake up.. I have to constantly reset my phone to fix it.

I called Fido today and they said they can't do anything and to wait until it happens again or go to the Apple store and speak to someone there.

I am getting very frustrated with this problem

SOMEONE... PLEASE HELP!!!
    can someone send me a reply to [email protected]

Thank you

i restored my phone still doesn't work