+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will this plan work?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey. I'm still trying to figure out which t-mobile plan to get, but I was wondering, could I go to a t-mobile store, and get some sort of plan, with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will this plan work?
    Hey. I'm still trying to figure out which t-mobile plan to get, but I was wondering, could I go to a t-mobile store, and get some sort of plan, with just unlimited messaging, and t-zones? If I can't do it in the store, could I somehow, order it over the phone, if I order this sim card offline?

Also, I'm confused as to if you can use a pre-paid card for the iphone, can someone explain if its possible?

Thanks in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If I understand you correctly you want data and messaging but NOT voice? If this is your question, the answer is no. Data and messaging are all add-ons to voice plans (at least in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Slovig View Post
    Hey. Also, I'm confused as to if you can use a pre-paid card for the iphone, can someone explain if its possible?
    Yes this is possible. You either need a 1st gen phone that is soft unlocked or a 3G sim unlock (or one of the ones that are sold unlocked in various countries)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-19-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. Thanks. I figured that, about the Data/Messaging. Now with prepaid, how does it work, like are there options for data? Can you add a messaging pack to it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slovig View Post
    Ok. Thanks. I figured that, about the Data/Messaging. Now with prepaid, how does it work, like are there options for data? Can you add a messaging pack to it?
    I think the easiest way to do that would be to go into TMO and tell them what you want. From what I understand though there are people that have data and such on their prepaid. This might be more what you are looking for as you can probably get a prepaid where the LARGE majority of the price is just data and SMS with maybe like 100 minutes thrown on there? The good thing is the minutes you pay for you don;t need to pay for again until youuse them up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. Would it hurt me if I told them I was doing it for an iPhone? Or should I just say that my dad is giving me his old MDA
    Last edited by Slovig; 10-19-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks

I doubt it. When I was on TMO i told them I has switched to an iPhone back on my 1st gen and they guy just said "WOW how did you hack that thing?!?!" LOL There isn;t anything they can do to you for using it on an iPhone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Slovig (10-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. THANKS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

your best bet would be to just get a cheap phone plan with 5.99 tzones and some text msgs. thats what alot of people have. my iphone works great. i have 1000 myfaves unlimited msgs and tzones.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsidewayzz View Post
    your best bet would be to just get a cheap phone plan with 5.99 tzones and some text msgs. thats what alot of people have. my iphone works great. i have 1000 myfaves unlimited msgs and tzones.
    What do you pay for something like that?

Thanks

or cant you just get the sidekick data plan for flexpay? thats unlimited messaging and data
    or the tmobile togo $1 a day unlimited data plan with text
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

I have the tmo with my iphone. I needed to get a new sim card Friday and brought the phone in. I added t zones when I was in there. The guy just smiled when he saw the phone. I pay 35.99 for 300 minutes and tzone plus the taxes. tzones works great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How did you configure in order to use the tzones? I tried BigBoss hack and I haven't been able to get it to work. I am not an expert in the Iphone so step by step would be a lot of help!!!

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpo157 View Post
    I pay 35.99 for 300 minutes and tzone plus the taxes. tzones works great.
    Theoretically, couldn't I use something like this and use a VoIp application to make calls using tzones?
    Or is my head in the sky?

I dont have my phone yet as i am searching for good plans. I cannot afford much over $40 at the moment though i use about 500 minutes, many of that to a girlfriend. Does anyone know off hand if there would be any couples plans from t-mo that would cost about 40 a month (per phone) and at that rate likely under 300 mins?

Thanks

I did nothing to the phone. I asked for tzones and they said it takes up to 48 hours to kick in. I do not need the hack or apn. I think tmo does it for you, mine works great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. Question, I just picked up a TMO PrePaid starter kit, I'm working on the activation, can I select the SideKick plan, for $1 per day, unlim. text and data, with 35 cent calls, and will it work with the iphone? If not, which one is better, pay by day, or pay as you go?