Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Best APN

Arrow The Best APN
    Hi Guy,

Many people have been searching around in the forum to find the best APN from Tmobile, so I create this Thread for people post their best speed from Tmobile Edge network.

Please test you speed at lease 3 time before post under this category.

Here is Example:

I live around Bay Area

Test on 17-Oct-2008
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    1. 273 kbps
    2. 198 kbps
    3. 211 kbps

Mine everything working except App Store, iTunes and Youtube but I could use MxTube to substitute Youtube.

Thanks

Why doesn't your you tube work .I'm sure there must be a fix for it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    by far this has been the best one

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

i have epc.tmobile.com , live in st.louis

my youtube works but app store and itunes doesnt.

Ok here's mine:

Would help if you put what plan you are on too. Full Internet plan here.

Using iNetwork Test app

DC / Virginia in my apartment

internet2.voicestream.com

Youtube works. ITunes works as far as loading and previewing music, but if I try to purchase it says I need a wifi connection. App store also works.

I usually average 150 to 200 outside my apartment. Usually 80 to 110 in my apartment the 153.28 is rare for inside the apartment.

Now for the next apn: Still at my apartment.

epc.tmobile.com

App store works. Itunes gives me the must be connected to wifi right away. You tube works

Now it seems epc apn wins. What I have noticed, which is weird is that it is only faster in my apartment. Usually outside the apartment and other areas of DC the speed is about the same. Even at times it seems that the internet2 apn is faster with the exception of inside my apartment building.

I use the internet2 apn since it seems more stable than the epc apn and I also travel a lot and I have heard different people saying that the epc no longer works in their area. Also, I don't worry because I have the full internet plan.

Now before all you tzones freaks start flaming on me for paying full price, in my defense I need it because of the hotspots coverage. I use tmobile hotspots extensively with my travel not only with my iphone but with my laptop, so for me it pays off and I can actually afford a few extra bucks. Plus using the 300 minute myfavs plan I call unlimited and recieve calls unlimited to anywhere. So I save where most of you pay more on minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cambonicky View Post
    Hi Guy,

Many people have been searching around in the forum to find the best APN from Tmobile, so I create this Thread for people post their best speed from Tmobile Edge network.

Please test you speed at lease 3 time before post under this category.

Here is Example:

I live around Bay Area

Test on 17-Oct-2008
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    1. 273 kbps
    2. 198 kbps
    3. 211 kbps

Mine everything working except App Store, iTunes and Youtube but I could use MxTube to substitute Youtube.
    App Store and YouTube should work fine. Make sure you don't have the hack installed and reset your network settings. Restart the phone and then re-input the epc.tmobile.com APN.

iTunes should give you a Wi-Fi error, which was normal in 1.1.3/4

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonx View Post
    Youtube works. ITunes works as far as loading and previewing music, but if I try to purchase it says I need a wifi connection.
    That's weird that you're able to connect to iTunes without Wi-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonx View Post
    Now before all you tzones freaks start flaming on me for paying full price, in my defense I need it because of the hotspots coverage. I use tmobile hotspots extensively with my travel not only with my iphone but with my laptop, so for me it pays off and I can actually afford a few extra bucks.
    Good save.

Smile EPC Rocks
    I was using wap.voicestream.com for months, on the 5.99 plan, switched over 2 days ago epctmobile.com, much faster with all apps working except utube.
    West of Minneapolis, MN

Using iNetwork Test apps at my office:

90-150 kbps on various tests.

Tested it last night in my neighborhood that has WIFI internet signal on the the telephone poles, (not using WIFI) but epctmobile.com I was getting avg speeds of 350 to 450 kbps!

I am pumped. Great speeds for streaming music while I am out on my boat on the lake! Sweet!

this new epc apn is the best so far.