Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TZones hack for 2.1 Firmware

Default TZones hack for 2.1 Firmware
    Does anyone know how to set up tzones for 2.1 Firmware? It is not working for me. Please help! I feel like I am the only one with this problem!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Settings > General > Network > Celluar Data Network
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Reboot phone.
    No hack needed.

If I have the tzones h@ck installed from cydia, should i erase it? and just use epc.tmobile.com? i have tried this, with the tzones hack installed and it does not work. By the way, I am using an Iphone 3g w/Tmobile

This does not work for the zohan!!!

noone knows how to fix this?
    Last edited by Iblunt420; 10-13-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

You have a 3G iPhone with Tmobile? How was it unlocked?

Sorry, Its not software unlocked. I use a Turbo sim or furious sim or whatever.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Does your status bar have the "E" on it? If not the Turbo SIM most likely is not compatible with T-Mobile Edge. This is quite a common problem.

Smile what is the best turbo sim or o2 sim to use?
    what is the best turbo sim or o2 sim to use?

I used iSmart chip it works great and I have a 3g on the edge network and its works great.

Check out there website Kuso8888.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Settings > General > Network > Celluar Data Network
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Reboot phone.
    No hack needed.
    I am having the exact same problem as the OP but when I go to Settings > General > Network It doesn't show APN; I have three things I can click: Data Roaming (which is off), VPN (not configured), wi-fi (my wi-fi name). Any help would be greatly apreciated. I just want my edge to work again after updating to 2.1

EDIT: So I guess the APN is only available to "authorized" unlocked iphones. I guess since I used pwnagetool to unlock mine it isn't authorized... On another note I read up on some other things and tried a few more ideas and now my Edge internet works in all its incredibly slow glory.
    Last edited by skitch_; 10-23-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: More info discovered

I got a Gevey sim from kuso8888. It still does not show edge icon or 3g icon. It also says n/a next to edge and 3g in bossprefs. Please help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i think your supposed to enable data roaming. then set the apn to epc.tmobile.com

even tho data roaming is on, you wont be charged for roaming. or u shouldn't be anyway. but i read it needs to be on, in order for ur edge to work
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4