Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iphone user

Default New iphone user
    Just bought an iphone 2g and will be using T-mobile as my service provider. I don't know anything about phones with plans, since i've been using a prepaid phone for 3 years. But im not to sure what i need. Just the t-zones ($5.99) service right? Plus the voice and texting plans. Also im going to need a t-mobile sim card? Where do i get one? How do i activate/get the $5.99 t-zones service? I know how to unlock/jailbreak but whats the order in which i should do these things. ex. activate my service then unlock then put my sim card in etc....

Any help i would appreciate or show me a link to where i can find this info.

I've searched on this forum (the t-mobile section) but didnt find as much info as i needed.

Thanks

Walk in to a TMobile store and they will walk you through everything. They will go over the plans with you and give you the sim. The other option is to sign up online at their website.

As far as plans go, it depends on your needs. If you talk a lot on the phone you could do a MyFaves plans or a non MyFaves plan with a ton of minutes. If you text a lot, you can get unlimited texting for $14.99.

Research the plans on tmobile.com. You could even call them. They have the best customer service.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

DracheNova (10-08-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Walk in to a TMobile store and they will walk you through everything. They will go over the plans with you and give you the sim. The other option is to sign up online at their website.

As far as plans go, it depends on your needs. If you talk a lot on the phone you could do a MyFaves plans or a non MyFaves plan with a ton of minutes. If you text a lot, you can get unlimited texting for $14.99.

Research the plans on tmobile.com. You could even call them. They have the best customer service.
    thanks for helping me out. im going to get the iphone tomorrow and will go to a tmo store tomorrow how long does it take to setup, activation? They will help me even tho im using an iphone??

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep in mind - you don't need total internet access that T-Mo offers sometimes. Total Internet Access is what $19 bucks and T-Zones is only $5.99 - guess what there's not a single difference. Also, what FW is your iPhone ?? If I remember correctly there was a problem with T-Zones on 1.1.4 FW ?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    Keep in mind - you don't need total internet access that T-Mo offers sometimes. Total Internet Access is what $19 bucks and T-Zones is only $5.99 - guess what there's not a single difference. Also, what FW is your iPhone ?? If I remember correctly there was a problem with T-Zones on 1.1.4 FW ?
    oh yeah im def. getting the t-zones and im on version 2.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DracheNova View Post
    thanks for helping me out. im going to get the iphone tomorrow and will go to a tmo store tomorrow how long does it take to setup, activation? They will help me even tho im using an iphone??
    Tmobile CSRs have never given me a hard time about using an iPhone on their network nor have I ever heard of anyone else having problems. At worse, don't even mention it. Get one of the free phones an use it as a backup. Walk out of the store and pop the sim into your iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree with Soul, just get TMO to activate a freebie or just go only a new sim. No need to involve the CSR with your iPhone.
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

I got my iphone, unlocked and jailbroke it without a problem. The next day went into the t-mobile store told them i want there service and im using an iphone. Told him the plan and that i want the t-zones service he entered all in and gave me the sim card. I was out of the store in less then 10 minutes. Popped in the sim and it worked perfectly. Youtube doesn't work but the app store works without wifi. It's freakin awesome.