Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In need of help! iPhone 2G with 2.1 FW, can't make or receive calls.

Default In need of help! iPhone 2G with 2.1 FW, can't make or receive calls.
    Hi guys, first of all I'm quite the newbie with iPhones still. I ended up buying an iPhone from a guy who neglected it quite badly. The back is scuffed pretty badly in some places, and on the corner theres a ding. But I got it for $250 so I can't complain.

Anyhow, my problem is that I bought it stupidly without actually testing to see if I could make calls on it first.

It seems to work fine, no problems. I unlocked it, and jailbroke it. However, does just Pwning it mean, I can put in my TMobile Sim and use it? Because when I first did that, it didn't work. I'd constantly get "No Service" or no bar signal. I could send calls, but never receive any because I'd get a "Busy" line.

So I ended up using Bootneuter by downloading it from Cydia and flashed it with Version 4.6, Neutered and Unlocked options both on.

After I did this,I noticed my T-Mobile signal bars were all finally up. However, I cannot make or send calls anymore. I downloaded the TMobile Carrier settings from Cydia. But that hasn't helped at all.

What can I do? Could it be this phone is screwed in the first place?

Edit: Fixed it!
    Last edited by Xenthor; 10-05-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Please post what the problem was, and what you did to fix it.
    Thanks

hey. how'd you fix it? i'm gettin the same issues.

I got the same problem all functions work including sms but when I try to make or receive a call it says call failed please post what you did to rectify this or if anybody else can assist in any way it would be appreciated.Thanks