+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with iphoen 3g with turbosim

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have a jailbroken 2.02 iphone with turbo sima nd every time i lose service it reads no sim then i have to take it out and put it back
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problems with iphoen 3g with turbosim
    i have a jailbroken 2.02 iphone with turbo sima nd every time i lose service it reads no sim then i have to take it out and put it back in while im in an area with good reception. is this a common problem or do i have a lemon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney10 View Post
    i have a jailbroken 2.02 iphone with turbo sima nd every time i lose service it reads no sim then i have to take it out and put it back in while im in an area with good reception. is this a common problem or do i have a lemon?
    i have done everything too...and i m also having similar problem like u are...I have to reset the iphone 3g several times before i get the service back....I don't know what to do...plz...help us...thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i stoped using this thign today it pissed me off so bad im usen my moto phone form 2000 does any1 have a solution to this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You need a new chip. with these Chinese turbosims There will always be some defective ones made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I felt the same thing as Amit, you maybe got defective ones. I have Turbo Sim and it working fine on my 3g phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

i've had the same problem. i've had my 3G for about 2 weeks and this has happened twice.

the only way i was able to get service back to the phone was to take the sim chip out, put it back in my old cell, wait for it to get signal, put it back in the iPhone, and wait a few minutes for it to connect to T-Mobile network again.

from what i've read (and i could be totally off on this) the trouble has something to do with the iPhone not being able to reset the IMEI once the signal is lost or something. i'm sure some of the iPhone techies on this board could explain it better than i can.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Way back when when I was kid and had to walk up hill in the snow with out shoes on to go to school I used to have to do the same thing. One day I got fed up and called tmobile, got a cool guy on the phone and he re-certafied the connection. This was way back 1.1.2 needed the turbo sims before they had a software break.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try a Gevey sim adapter. I've been using it on my 3g for about a month with no problems. I have spotty signal at work. When I get no service, I walk to an area I had signal with my 2g iPhone, and it picks up just as fast as my 2g iPhone did.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have this problem also. I'm going to try to get a new sim adapter. I already have the Gevey 3G adapter. This problem really pisses me off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razor99x View Post
    i've had the same problem. i've had my 3G for about 2 weeks and this has happened twice.

the only way i was able to get service back to the phone was to take the sim chip out, put it back in my old cell, wait for it to get signal, put it back in the iPhone, and wait a few minutes for it to connect to T-Mobile network again.

from what i've read (and i could be totally off on this) the trouble has something to do with the iPhone not being able to reset the IMEI once the signal is lost or something. i'm sure some of the iPhone techies on this board could explain it better than i can.
    yep that is the only solution. I did try that way and it works every time. Thanks for all ur advice. I guess we won't have that problem once dev- team comes out with the software unlock. I just hope its sooner rather than later.