Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I can't answer phone calls...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I can't answer phone calls...
    Earlier in the week I upgraded the firmware on my first gen iPhone to 2.0.1. It seems to have been working fine until yesterday. Whenever I have an incoming phone call and try to slide the tab to answer it, I'm unable to answer the call. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Please help...I'm very much a newbie at all of this so I appreciate all the assistance I can get. THANKS!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

without more info we probably couldnt help. But if you pwned your phone using a custom firmware to 2.0.1 you probably restored from a backup and this is notorious for glitches and bugs. You need to repwn your phone and set up as new. This should take care of some bugs, but overall you probably need to go ahead use a custom firmware and get to 2.0.2 and set up as new.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

caliritza71 (09-06-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. I used Winpwn 2.0 Guide from - iPhone News & Review to upgrade my firmware (I was referred there by another post). I just followed the guide. If I repwn the phone will I have to unlock and jailbreak it again? Any suggestions where I can get a custom firmware? I appreciate your patience with me...this is so new to me. I'm willing to learn and research, but the knowledge you folks all jhave to offer is incredible...it's helped me feel confident about getting all of this done one my own.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Since Youve pwned your phone already. By the way you did pwn it initially with a custom firmware right? All you would really need to do is put your phone into DFU mode as the guide stated and shift + restore to a new custom built for 2.0.2. I would recommend highly you create your own as to learn how to do it. But if youd rather skip that, I can send you my custom firmware I built for 2.0.2

Thats assuming you are running on TMobile and have a 1st Generation iPhone. Also I have custom boot logos on it but theyre cool!!

One other thing to remember just because you set up as new doesnt mean you lose your contacts all you will lose is 3rd Party Apps and App Store Downloads... Takes a total about 10 minutes to get all your 3rd Party Apps and settings back. Well worth not having a headache of bug and glitches by restoring from a backup.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 09-06-2008 at 08:49 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

caliritza71 (09-06-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if the firmware was custom. How do I figure that out. Like I said before I am a true novice to all of this. I'm not worried about losing apps as I've been trying to make sure my phone is where it needs to be before I download too much. Thanks again!!!

My bad...I forgot to say that yes, I'm with T-Mobile and I have a 1st gen iPhone.
    Last edited by caliritza71; 09-06-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well is your phone Jailbroken and unlocked? I assume its unlocked since youre running on TMo. what tool did you use to do this?

I guess the bigger question is, did you purchase this phone the way it is without doing anything to it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My phone is unlocked and jailbroken. Originally, ziphone was used to do this. However, when I upgraded to 2.0.1, I used Winpwn 2.0.0.4.

The phone was not unlocked or jailbroken when I got it...my ex did all of that for me when I first got the phone in April. Got rid of him so now I'm trying to learn how to do all of this on my own.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i see... well just download winpwn 2.5 and follow the instructions. Its absolutely simple. just go to this thread ----->We Can Haz WinPwn!!