Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BB vs. Tzones

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default BB vs. Tzones
    I'm currently running with the T-zones plan, but I'm curious as to whether or not the Blackberry plan is any faster. I mean, 5.99 a month for a data plan is a pretty sweet deal, but I'm getting sick of the load time. Should I switch my data plan? (no need to comment about upgrading to 3g, I refuse to give AT&T money)
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear that the regular data plan is roughly twice the speed of the t-zones plan. There was a oost someone made about it a few days ago. Just depends on whether or not 2x speed is worth 4x the monthly price for you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Grassmasta (09-06-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i feel like i use my phone less because of the retarded speed of tzones.

any bb plan users out there wanna chime in?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

Grassmasta (09-06-2008)

I just posted on my experience and yes it is twice the speed and the initial delay also is gone. I am also very impressed at how it streams youtube and my im clients work. Also with the full plan you get hotspots coverage. It is worth it for me but like I said, it is a matter of personal opinion.

Now you have to ask for the total internet plan, not the blackberry plan. They are two different plans I believe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonx For This Useful Post:

Grassmasta (09-06-2008)

By the way its not the BB plan you want its called the T-Mobile Total Internet plan, that is if you do switch. Also if you do change it dont forget to change the APN to this
    APN internet2.voicestream.com (sometimes I had troubles with this lossing connection and I talked to a tech rep from T-Mobile and they said change the APN to internet3.voicestream.com, works way better)
    Username (leave blank)
    Password (leave blank)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BoisePunk22 For This Useful Post:

Grassmasta (09-06-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks for you guys input. I still need to weigh the options. I haven't been around a real computer all day, but as soon as I get home I'll make sure to appropriately thank you all. Thanks again!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So I called TMobile last night and discovered that I was still on the Unlimited GPRS BB plan and not total internet. Interesting enough Ive gotten it switched over and now I am using the total internet plan which uses the internet2.voicestream.com access point. I am not getting any faster speeds. Still hovering around the 250-280 mark. Im not seeing a benefit here yet which I was paying 15.99 now 19.99 but we will see. Bottom line the total internet is slow enough that going to TZones (5.99) will just kill me. Including streaming videos, satellite radio, Pandora, Simplify Media, etc etc could not be possible with the TZones PKG. If you use any of these things I would strongly suggest getting the total internet package.