Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone using TZones on 1.1.3+ firmware please help

Default Anyone using TZones on 1.1.3+ firmware please help
    I've already done some cursory searching, but before I go deep into a forum search and do anything to my phone I have a question to make sure I'm on the right track.

I have a First Gen iphone 8GB using firmware 1.1.3 and TZones hack.

I've been able to get EDGE connectivity just fine for the past 6+ months and this morning it just stopped working. The message was basically "You are not subscribed to EDGE" (which I've seen quite a bit in my searches).

I called Tmobile and asked if my Tzones was still in effect (the 5.99 plan) and the first thing they did was tell me that since I had an iphone (I never told them I had an iphone) that I would have to upgrade to the 19.99 a month plan.

I told them that it was working just fine on the 5.99 plan (thank you) and that I would not upgrade.

So my question is, is this something that I can fix by upgrading and jailbraking the v2.0 firmware? Or is Tmobile disabling EDGE on all non 19.99 a month plan iphones?

Anyone currently using the 5.99 plan on their 1.1.3+ firmware version iphone please chime in...I'd like to know if I'm going to be able to fix this by upgrading before I start messing with it.

Thanks,
    Mike

I use the T-Zones hack with my iPhone, I had the same problem if you wanna keep 1.1.3 firmware just go into the settings and find APN, it should look this
    APN wap.voicestream.com
    Username (leave blank)
    Password (leave blank)

Thanks Punk....After I read your reply I figured it MUST have been something I did that messed it up so I did some reading and found everything I needed to upgrade/unlock the 2.0.1 software.

I got the Tzones 2.0 and everything is back to normal now.

I hate ALL cellular companies. I'm thinking of starting a cellular provider called "FUATTMOBILEVERIZON"

Thanks to all the folks on the boards for the great write ups that helped me get back on track.

Mike