Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone using TZones on 1.1.3+ firmware please help

Default Anyone using TZones on 1.1.3+ firmware please help
    I've already done some cursory searching, but before I go deep into a forum search and do anything to my phone I have a question to make sure I'm on the right track.

I have a First Gen iphone 8GB using firmware 1.1.3 and TZones hack.

I've been able to get EDGE connectivity just fine for the past 6+ months and this morning it just stopped working. The message was basically "You are not subscribed to EDGE" (which I've seen quite a bit in my searches).

I called Tmobile and asked if my Tzones was still in effect (the 5.99 plan) and the first thing they did was tell me that since I had an iphone (I never told them I had an iphone) that I would have to upgrade to the 19.99 a month plan.

I told them that it was working just fine on the 5.99 plan (thank you) and that I would not upgrade.

So my question is, is this something that I can fix by upgrading and jailbraking the v2.0 firmware? Or is Tmobile disabling EDGE on all non 19.99 a month plan iphones?

Anyone currently using the 5.99 plan on their 1.1.3+ firmware version iphone please chime in...I'd like to know if I'm going to be able to fix this by upgrading before I start messing with it.

I use the T-Zones hack with my iPhone, I had the same problem if you wanna keep 1.1.3 firmware just go into the settings and find APN, it should look this
    Username (leave blank)
    Password (leave blank)

Thanks Punk....After I read your reply I figured it MUST have been something I did that messed it up so I did some reading and found everything I needed to upgrade/unlock the 2.0.1 software.

I got the Tzones 2.0 and everything is back to normal now.

I hate ALL cellular companies. I'm thinking of starting a cellular provider called "FUATTMOBILEVERIZON"

Thanks to all the folks on the boards for the great write ups that helped me get back on track.