Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AIM, MobileChat, iPhone 2.0.2, and T-Mobile Total Internet w VPN

Default AIM, MobileChat, iPhone 2.0.2, and T-Mobile Total Internet w VPN
    Hey everyone. I've been reading around here and searching like crazy for the last week or two for guidance and I've found almost all the help I need, so first off, thanks!!

But i do have one question --

My AIM and MobileChat buddy lists don't come up and/or won't connect to log me in while i'm on EDGE. I downloaded both of these apps from the App store.

I have Total Internet with VPN (so my APN setting is internet3.voicestream.com) and all of my other internet stuff works fine. I've searched around and haven't been able to find anyone else who could diagnose or resolve the problem i'm having successfully.

Has anyone had this problem with the Total Internet plan and how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the total internet plan (Internet2.voicestream.com) and aim does the same thing. It says it's connecting but doesn't pull up anyone on my buddy list. I simply gave up on any im app until they release one with the ability to run in the background.

anybody?

i can only connect via wi-fi. am i the only person in this forum who wants to use the AIM or mobilechat apps over edge with t-mobile?

I have the same problem with the aim app...it usually won't even log me on saying that I need to have a network connection, even when I'm connected. I've had some luck with the new IMPlus app--it sometimes pops up with the connection message, but if I then go into safari and just load any site, and go back to IMPlus, it will then log me in, which is an improvement from AIM. It has been closing out a lot, and I've had to keep going back into the program but it at least logs me in and lets me start conversations. Can't wait for Agile on 2.0!