+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded and... You guessed it!

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was thinking it must have been my firmware because I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE! but I downgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0 and still no EDGE just GPRS. What else
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgraded and... You guessed it!
    I was thinking it must have been my firmware because I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE! but I downgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0 and still no EDGE just GPRS. What else could it be this is nuts, everyone is able to get the edge icon but me. I am stuck with gprs, I have called tmo and i have the unlimited internet, i have tried a new sim card in which my sim card placed into a blackberry gets edge, but in my iphone its a no go. it has to be something with my iphone what else can i do, i doubt apple will replace my iPhone under its still active warranty for the reason of it not getting tmobile edge but it will get att edge! gimme ideas.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

have you reinstalled the new t-zones hack that came out a few days ago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The new tzones hack is when my problems began. I just performed this new hack again on a freshly restored 2.0.2 and lost the "cellular network data" option under settings again. I ensured it was there before doing this. my phone started reporting no cellular data plan detected right after this upgrade.

i only installed bossprefs and performed the tzones hack after the re-pwn of the fw. (again with winpwn 2.5)

the fw I was using before i lost tzones was 2.0.1 winpwned with 2.0.0.4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

T-Zones hack only works for T-Zone, I have the total internet package.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive done that i do that every time i re-flash my fw or reset my network settings. I have been at this for weeks now everyday, i would guess if i added all the time i have spent on JUST this one issue of my iphone, i thinks its now near 34 hours. I am trying to get apple to warranty the phone LOL i won't volunteer the information stating that i have unlocked the phone for t-mobile, not that that has anything to do with the problem at all, and I really doubt apple would care, AT&T on the other hand would probably not approve, but apple as a company i doubt would care to much. That would be like me replacing my windshield wiper and now the tail lights don't work. its irrelivent to the repair work under warranty.

NM I contacted apple and they are sending me another iphone...... mines all scratched up anyway. I bought it used for 100.00 and the guy that had it wasn't careful with it at all. in 7-10 business days i will have a new *looking* iphone probably a refurb but im ok with that.
    Last edited by GarrinChilders; 09-03-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost