+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having trouble w/ 2.0.1 + T-zone Hack?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
For 2.0.1 Go into DFU Mode 1. Restore your phone without the SIM After Boot activate Wifi 2. Install T zone Hack From Cydia 3. Install Boss Prefs From Cydia
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

For 2.0.1
    Go into DFU Mode
    1. Restore your phone without the SIM
    After Boot activate Wifi
    2. Install T zone Hack From Cydia
    3. Install Boss Prefs From Cydia
    4. Insert SIM
    5. System/General/Network/Data/Insert APN: wap.voicestream.com Username/password: guest
    6. In Boss Pres tap Power and Reboot/HardReboot your Iphone
    7.Turn Off Wifi in Boss pres and check Edge server to verify that its working
    8.Enter in Safari. If problems persist hit refresh 4/5 times then turn off and on.

Thanks

can anyone verify if that ^ works?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    For 2.0.1
    Go into DFU Mode
    1. Restore your phone without the SIM
    After Boot activate Wifi
    2. Install T zone Hack From Cydia
    3. Install Boss Prefs From Cydia
    4. Insert SIM
    5. System/General/Network/Data/Insert APN: wap.voicestream.com Username/password: guest
    6. In Boss Pres tap Power and Reboot/HardReboot your Iphone
    7.Turn Off Wifi in Boss pres and check Edge server to verify that its working
    8.Enter in Safari. If problems persist hit refresh 4/5 times then turn off and on.
    What is boss prefs? how does it work? I'm tempted to try this but some steps are contradicting what others been saying.

Thanks

The email still works on EDGE, even setting up a new one. It has something to do with the ports, if we can find out what ports are open, the .PAC file can be rewritten.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

im having super weird issues as well. lemme share

i was originally 1.1.2 for a very long time, since last year. never updated and it always worked fine. i finally updated to 2.0.1 and bam, slowest piece of crap ever. BUT!!! i can still use weather, mail, and installer/cydia. it jus wont load the main page of cydia/installer but i can search thru and install packages and updates. but i open safari and its either not loading, or takes 10 minutes to load anything. i used to be able to see my IP addy on Edge using bossprefs but now it jus says n/a but still loads weather fine and lets me download packages in installer/cydia but not appstore

think imma try the 20dlr package n see if it gets any better. i have an iphone, and saving 14 bux aint worth it if i dont get anything at all out of it
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK I just added Tzones yesterday. I was fustrated when I kept geting the $code$ error. As well as the comverse error. I was pissed. I was impatient. Then I though screw this and didn't even care about it. Then I decided to try it again 24 hours later and then voila it WORKS!!!!

I guess you just gotta be patient.

P.S......I read somewhere that when they installed the T zones hack it didn't add the Proxy.pac. I double checked mine to be sure. So I reccommend, sshing the iphone and double check.

Oh and I live in Boston. And running on 2.0.1 Just in case people were wondering. And this is my first IPHONE that I have used the hack on. So it was never on TZones for 1.1.4.

UPDATE::::::
    I Am 98%%%% POSITIVE this is a Tmobile thing It cut out. Comverse and everything. Then it worked for a while then cut out again I am PISSED
    Last edited by soul65; 08-27-2008 at 08:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here in hawaii we are having the same problems also, email is working but safari, weather, stocks, etc doesn't work. Tried on my phone which i'm running 2.0.1 and my girlfriends which hers is on 1.1.4. Both phones have the same problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone tried it on a normal tmobile headset... ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it on a T-Mobile Razor yesterday. I have the $5.99 T-MobileWeb. On the razor I could only access the MyTMobile sites. The TMobile rep said that I should be able to go anywhere that I have buttons on the phone, like CNN, ESPN, etc. I got an error message " internal error, you do not have access to (site name)" anytime I clicked on any button other than My T-Mobile. The rep finally confirmed that there was a global outage that affected users who recently added TMobile web and she offered a 3 month credit on the IM package to satisfy my complaint. I told her I didn't care about that but I'll take it. I pushed for an ETA on the repair and she didn't have one. I think her story may be BS but that's what she said. At any rate I'm still not working. I think I'll periodically stick my SIM card back into the Razor phone to check and see if T-Mobile Web is working on my TM issue phone. FYI I added the service on 8/21 and first tried it on 8/25. It's never worked. Uninstalled and reinstalled the TZones hack a couple of times already. Still no luck and now the Yahoo page doesn't even load. Not willing to pay $20 for a data plan so I might cancel after about another week and add it back after the issues are resolved.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys it looks like it's working FINALLY!
    I talked to T-mobile customer rep for about 30min on why it's not working. (T-zone itself didn't work from day one) She basically told me to 'wait' a couple more days and there's nothing they can do for me right now. I still cannot access many links on T-mobileweb using my Sammy D900(I stopped using iphone for 3days), and I thought what da f***, put the sim in iphone since I don't wanna deal with it anymore, guess what, it's working!! slow but it's working except youtube (Mxtube does't work either).
    Hope it lasts, so it's confirmed 2.0.1 new t-zone hack and little bit of patient = 5.99 unlimited internet. Hooray!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Finally!!!!
    TMO web finally started working for me on Sat sometime. All is good now. Great forum!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone in the Bay Area w/ T-zones and the BigBoss mod working?

It would be great to know before I give it a shot...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12