+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: strange edge settings with tones (only receiving emails, no safari...etc)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys, I just bought an iPhone the other day and I love it! I Got it fully unlocked and jailbroken but the only problem is with my tmoble edge.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default strange edge settings with tones (only receiving emails, no safari...etc)
    hey guys, I just bought an iPhone the other day and I love it! I Got it fully unlocked and jailbroken but the only problem is with my tmoble edge. I am currently subscribed to tmobile web for six dolllars a month and I dowlnoaded and installed the surrealnetworks tmobile tzone proxy. I was hoping that everything was gonna work but it doesn't. When I go to an area to use edge, safari doesnt work at all but the only thing that seems to work Is the email; which is still very very slow.

I found this question being asked in other threads but there were no answers so I hope someone can help me and others that are having this problem.

Why is my edge being super slow and not responsive? Is this the fault of tmobile or with my settings? I checked my coverage in my area and it says that I'm in an area of great reception. Well anyways, I hope someone can help me our, please get back to me soon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the EXACT same problem. Would someone please help us out? I've installed boss's tzones fix, and i've tried putting the proxy.pac and preferences.plist on manually and I can still only check my email. I can't send it though. Safari or anything else doesn't work. I also don't have an edge icon. I'm not sure if that's really a big problem though. Please help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Lets hope there is a fix for this soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Chances are you just changed your plan by adding the service. It takes some time for the ports to open for you on your account. Generally 24-48 hours. If it's not working by now, reset network settings-your phone will restart. Then go back to edge settings and set apn to wap.voicestream.com and you should be golden. If you reset network settings after you installed bigboss's 1.1.3 hack, then you must reinstall it.
    Everyday is a New Day...

Green Apple
    Thanks

If wap.voicestream.com deosnt work try internet2.voicestream.com
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods