+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootneuter stuck!

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone... Ok, so let me start off by saying what's up... what's up? Now for my odd issue that I can't seem to find a solution for. Maybe I'm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Angry Bootneuter stuck!
    Hey everyone...

Ok, so let me start off by saying what's up... what's up?

Now for my odd issue that I can't seem to find a solution for. Maybe I'm the idiot here and I have no problem admitting that. I have researched my head off all weekend and I'm stumped.

So I got my iPhone 3g. It had 2.0.1 on it from its previous owner (also an AT&T sim card).

Immediately I installed WinPwn 2.0.0.4. I downloaded firmware 2.0.1 and created my own package (btw, Enable Baseband Update was greyed out completely so I couldn't include the bootloader files).

Whatever. I figured out that after the restore of my custom package successfully, Cydia is installed. So I ran bootneuter install from the phone (since it doesn't show up automatically).

Afterwards, it does not show up in the program list on my home page of apps, so I have to reboot the phone MANUALLY, and then it appears in the list. I open it up, it kills my wireless connection and then sits there at:

"Please Wait... Determining Current Settings..."

Eventually if I leave it there long enough, it does a reboot like if I were to manually hold home and power.

When the phone comes back up... I can begin the awesome process again.

I have tried 2.0, 2.0.1, custom ipsw's from the other people... I mean really. You can imagine after 2 1/2 days I am really frustrated.

All I want is to transition my iphone to T-Mobile. What's more annoying is seeing how easy it was for those kids on youtube...

So is there anyone out there that can see something I'm doing wrong? Should I try something else?

Also... please be aware I have restored, re-restored, restored to factory, restored restored restored... and YES DFU mode was on... I did everything just the way it says and to be more specific:

EVERYTHING works perfectly until I get to the point where bootneuter needs to determine current settings!

Does anyone know what's up with the package? Could anyone supply a working package they used? Am I following a process incorrectly?

I really hope there's help out there! This is nuts.

Thanks guys!!!

-KoRnhead13

Thanks

I hate to break it to you since you did try really hard, but umm.. you can't unlock the 3G iPhone. Not through a software method anyways. Look into one of those sim hacks.

Bootneuter currently only works on the old iphone.
    Last edited by 461am; 08-18-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added link.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs down Can't Unlock!?!? WHAT?????
    Why is it I keep reading all over the place and viewing online people unlocking the 3g? post after post... I unlocked my 3g... check it out!

I keep reading oh you can unlock your 3g. Just use WinPwn.

upgrade to winpwn 2.0.0.4 and connect your 3g to jailbreak/unlock. Is all of that info incorrect?

Any expected dates for when someone could unlock the 3g? Sim Hack is gaff. I don't want to hose my sim card or do it trying not to!

Thanks!!

Thanks

Yeah, all of the unlock news is false. There's no current date set on when the 3G unlock will be released, but I suggest you check blog.iphone-dev.org every now and then for updates.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Absolutely. If you had read the instructions on WinPwn you would have known that you can jailbreak the 3G iPhone, but you can not unlock it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

im surprised you didn't brick your new 3g... wait around. if it was really unlocked you wouldn't be so lost about it. it would for sure be more obvious
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking So I AMMMM the idiot!!!
    It's true!

I totally fell for all the 'talk'. I think it comes from 12 year olds on youtube who like to make pretend their phones are 3g and make that claim too!

Never unlocking an iphone before, I was quick to dismiss older posts saying it wasn't doable yet. I just assumed it was old and this info was new.

A lot of people were saying unlock but meaning jailbreak... more confusion.

Luckily I didn't do anything to the phone. I didn't stray too far as to destroy it and before doing any next steps kept asking why the f is this so hard for me to do? There are 12 year olds on youtube DOING IT!

Anyway... with some intelligence finally I went to the source and the Dev group and found the article with QuickPwn and the notice that they still may not have a way to unlock the 3g.

Awesome! I have faith in perserverance though... they'll get it... it just may take a few more months.

In the meantime this SWEET iTouch 3g will come in handy... oh and did anyone notice that firmware 2.0.2 came out LAST NIGHT?

HA!

Thanks guys and sorry for the retarded post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So i upgraded my 2gen iPhone to 2.0.2. I then Quickpwn, and it re boots. After it turns on BootNeuter 2.0 starts and it immediately says "Please Wait... Determining Current Settings..." It doesn't let me select or change any of the settings. After a few minutes another message pops up. And says "Phone needs repair..." or something like that. Am i doing something wrong? I have asked several times, but never receive any answers. Can someone please help me out or point me in the right direction. I would so appreciate it!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchey View Post
    So i upgraded my 2gen iPhone to 2.0.2. I then Quickpwn, and it re boots. After it turns on BootNeuter 2.0 starts and it immediately says "Please Wait... Determining Current Settings..." It doesn't let me select or change any of the settings. After a few minutes another message pops up. And says "Phone needs repair..." or something like that. Am i doing something wrong? I have asked several times, but never receive any answers. Can someone please help me out or point me in the right direction. I would so appreciate it!!
    how long have you had this phone?

jus so you know, bootneuter runs automatically if you tell winpwn to unlock ur 2g iphone. after its restored, it runs bootneuter and unlocks the baseband. if thats throwing a error like your saying, u have other issues. issues that winpwn/bootneuter/pwnage can't help you with. OR, your using a curupt custom firmware and you should make a fresh one, and make sure you choose all the right options.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    how long have you had this phone?

jus so you know, bootneuter runs automatically if you tell winpwn to unlock ur 2g iphone. after its restored, it runs bootneuter and unlocks the baseband. if thats throwing a error like your saying, u have other issues. issues that winpwn/bootneuter/pwnage can't help you with. OR, your using a curupt custom firmware and you should make a fresh one, and make sure you choose all the right options.
    Ive had it for about a year. It does run automatically, but it doesnt move pass determining current settings. It sits there for a while and then another message pops up, and says repair needed...I have restored the firmware several times thru iTunes. So im not sure? Ive tried to winpwn and made sure i checked all the right stuff. Thanks!!