Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help setting up EDGE

Default Need help setting up EDGE
    Hi...

I have a 1.1.2 unlocked w/ anysim 1.2.1u and I'm trying to setup EDGE on the phone. I first tried the $5 t-zones proxy hack and uploaded the proxy.pac and preferences from the sticky on the front page of this forum. Didn't work...so I upgraded to the $19 internet plan, removed the proxy.pac and reloaded the original preferences.plist file.

Still not working...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I heard something about changing to internet2.voicestream.net, but I'm not sure where to input that in.

Help please!!! Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Go to the Guides section, at the bottom of the links, you'll see an APN Carrier settings section. That should give you some clues.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

got it working...thanks guys!

Default Edge Settings HELPP!!
    I have the 1.1.2 iphone and when I first got it unlocked the Edge was working fine. But then I had to reset the network settings and ever since then Edge hasnt worked. The internet works when im in WiFi, but when on Edge, safari says that "could not activate edge: you are not subscribed to edge." ive tried to use the PuTTY software to get the Edge settings on the phone but I couldnt do it. When i go to Settings>General>Network, i only see VPN and WiFI, theres no settings for Edge. PLEASSE HELPPP!! I NEED TO GET EDGE WORKING AGAIN!! (please be as detailed as possible)