+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reception

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was just wondering if anyone running 1st gen iphone on t-mobile is having issues with service. I have 2.0.1 software on my phone and i have noticed that there
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Reception
    I was just wondering if anyone running 1st gen iphone on t-mobile is having issues with service. I have 2.0.1 software on my phone and i have noticed that there are reception issues. I have read other threads that some people are having issues as well.

I have also noticed that it takes extremly long to search for a network under network selection mode. Anyone else see this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    mine phone is fine...i haven't noticed any lag

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

my phones good im on 201

Thanks

I have a first gen as well running 2.0.1. Outside not bad but inside is not good. I had an iPhone clone P168c that had amazing reception. I have not had a phone with such poor indoor reception in a LONG TIME!

Thanks

Default Yes, reception is terrible
    People that are saying they don't have any reception issues probably make 4 calls a day and look at their screen maybe 6 times..... Its obvious that 2.0 and 2.01 have major issues. I look at my screen every 5 seconds and sometimes ill have full bars and others ill have 1 or NO SERVICE. Not only that but if you lose all service for even 1 second, in 2.0.1 it seems that sometimes edge doesn't re-activate and you have to do the airplane mode trick to get it to come back on.

2.0.1 is buggy. Ill be going back to 1.1.4 until they fix this stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had 2.0 then got no service. and i restored with itunes. initially unlocked with winpwn.

to see if i can fix the problem i would use apple restore then re-unlock.

i recently used itunes to virginize then re-unlocked with the new beta winpwn 2.5
    and i get no service. still!! anybody know what's up?? i've tried almost everything. the first few times when i restored, it got service for a few days each time (one time i got perfect service for a week. and now... its just not working anymore.

i have 1st gen iphone.
    running 2.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I have 2.0.2 and my service is the same. It definitely makes goes from full bars to No Service within just a few seconds (I check my screen about every 5 seconds too). Hopefully Apple can get it right at some point