+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge w/ T-Mobile Unlimited Plan - 1.1.2

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
First, I should state that I have used the search tool to try and find a resolution but there are too many conflicting instructions. I am trying to get Edge
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Edge w/ T-Mobile Unlimited Plan - 1.1.2
    First, I should state that I have used the search tool to try and find a resolution but there are too many conflicting instructions.

I am trying to get Edge working on my 1.1.2 OTB jailbroken, activated and sim (stealthsim) unlocked. My phone and texts both work. Edge does not. I have the sidekick unlimited internet plan. Someone already gave me the incorrect advice in another forum instructing me to to do the proxy hack, but it was the one for the T-Zones, not the Unlimited plan.

So before I screw my phone up, I wanted to see if you guys can educate me.

Thanks

Thanks

what are you using for your APN setting?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is currently wap.voicestream.com. I have the login and pw blank and it does not work. I also tried using "guest" but that didn't work and I heard that was only for T-Zone subscribers. Someone suggested trying the internet2.voicestream.com APN also which I tried and that also failed.

Thanks

I know the sidekick one has different one. If you call t-mobile and ask what the apn should be they will tell you. they helped me with mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool. I will give them a call tonight. I had been hesitating to call them since the Iphone isn't a product of their's. Are there any other questions besides the APN that I should be asking about? Also, will the fact that I placed the proxy file inside the phone and changed the pref.plst play be factor?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    I know the sidekick one has different one. If you call t-mobile and ask what the apn should be they will tell you. they helped me with mine.
    so the iphone works with the sidekick unlimited data plan i am so confused please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just make a simple switch from sidekick unlimited to total internet acess, they are both 19.99 and internet2.voicesteam.com will work fine. Yo can do this easiely by longging onto mytmobile and just change your cell phone that comes up next to your number which should right now iam guessing be a sidekick, and change it to like a Palmtreo..then go to plans and services and uncheck sidekick unlimited and check total internet and submit it
    T-Mobile W/Edge
    iPhone- 1.1.1 Jailbroken/Unlocked
    SURE HELL BEATS THE SIDEKICK1,2,3,and Slide

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

From what i've seen on the forums is that the sidekick plan won't work with the iPhone but you can call Tmobile and double check. They will do what they can to help you with setting up the iPhone. they realize that a lot of Tmobile users use the iPhone so don't worry about that. but like djspoilz said, just switch to the total internet plan. same price, AND you can use tmobile hotspots for free!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djspoilz View Post
    just make a simple switch from sidekick unlimited to total internet acess, they are both 19.99 and internet2.voicesteam.com will work fine. Yo can do this easiely by longging onto mytmobile and just change your cell phone that comes up next to your number which should right now iam guessing be a sidekick, and change it to like a Palmtreo..then go to plans and services and uncheck sidekick unlimited and check total internet and submit it
    i want to get the sidekick data plan because its a separate data plan NOT an addon like the T-Mobile Total Internet is. Well you can get T-Mobile Total Internet but its $40 and Sidekick Data plan is $30. I would like the sidekick. If anyone gets this working please reply to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ djspoilz & gavakie

You were right. I called them and they were VERY helpful. They said you have to switch to Total Internet which was the same price. Only thing though was there was no unlimited text. I had to add a 400 text for $4.99. But it's worth it for me overall since a similiar package through at&t would cost me almost $30 more a month.

The tech there just had me put in internet2.voicestream.com in the APN field and that was it.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks

i did the proxy.pac thing too
    everything works
    i am using wap.voicestream and blank guest & password
    It didnt work when it said guest
    It also didnt work on voicestream2 (just me)
    I also called to switch blacberry plan to total internet both/either 19.95

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if you don't use the youtube app often, i suggest going with the tzones proxy hack and 5.99 tzones data plan. i was on the 19.99 internet plan and the only difference was the search function in the youtube app actually worked. now it doesn't. but i saved 14bux a month and now i can add unlimited text for only a dlr more. so unlimited data+unlimited text for 21bux a month, add that with my mobile plan and for 61dlrs a month i get 600 any time minutes, unlimited nghts n weekends, unlimited text and data, on a iphone.

if you enjoy the search feature on the youtube app then the xtra 14dlrs a month is for you. if you don't mind using other apps like tinytube.net then saving 14dlrs a month feels great

Thanks

i did the proxy.pac thing too
    everything works
    i am using wap.voicestream and blank guest & password
    It didnt work when it said guest
    It also didnt work on voicestream2 (just me)
    I also called to switch blacberry plan to total internet both/either 19.95

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

calbuild, the proxy hack isn't necessary if ur not using tzones. if ur using the tmobile unlimited data plan you need to use internet2.voicestream.com vpn

if u wanna save money, use the 5.99 tmobile web/tzones option and use the tzones proxy hack via installer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    calbuild, the proxy hack isn't necessary if ur not using tzones. if ur using the tmobile unlimited data plan you need to use internet2.voicestream.com vpn

if u wanna save money, use the 5.99 tmobile web/tzones option and use the tzones proxy hack via installer.
    you are absolutley correct
    my bad
    it is working....
    and i dint type "vpn" is that really part of the address?
    and i might not have known about the . after the 2 either ha
    that might explain why it didnt work
    im probably running on the Tzone hack
    what is the difference? faster? flash? ha, no but really other than that
    what am i missing?
    faster?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

only thing your missing is, if you like using youtube you should stay on the internet2.voicestream.com and pay 19.99 a month.

if you don't use youtube often, you can use tmobile-web or tzones and its only 5.99 a month so you save 14dollars a month. jus no youtube search function. i learned to live without it.

Thanks

your right
    do i need to remove the proxy pac
    and the vpn isnt part of the string right

thanks
    had the wifi on evertything worked

yeah crap
    you tube doesnt work
    i changed to voicestream
    still doesnt work
    do i need to remove the proxy.pac and the plists i had added per whizkids instructions?
    had really high speeds with it! but no you tube
    thank you
    Last edited by CALBUILD; 02-05-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yah, if your using the 19.99 data plan you need to use internet2.voicestream.com and you need to remove that proxy.

to do this go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings

this should re-create ur original settings, reboot then re-input the internet2.voicestream.com in your edge settings, no need for vpn or whatever.

then youtube should work again, you do not need to be on wifi when your surfing the web, thats what edge is for. now you should be good to go

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Been having a few hiccups with edge since I got in working last night. I haven't been able to get onto yahoo yet. Sometimes I get the "server not responding" message. I still haven't removed the proxy.pac file yet. I did do the the rest networks settings though. Any thing else I am missing?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, sorry for being a noob at this but
    i have an unlocked otb 1.1.2 iphone with turbosim and i was wondering what processes do i have to do to just get the $5.99 t zone plan thank you.