+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier Problem or Software?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I unlocked my iPhone using the 1.1.2u anysim program.. did everything and it works great on T-mobile until I have to restart for any reason or if it dies. upon
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Carrier Problem or Software?
    I unlocked my iPhone using the 1.1.2u anysim program.. did everything and it works great on T-mobile until I have to restart for any reason or if it dies.

upon restarting it or turning it on from a off position it will no longer work on t-mobile, Like it won't recognize t-mobiles service... it will just sit at no bars and never pick up a signal or show the t-mobile carrier icon

Im wondering what would cause this and better yet how to fix this... as of right now all i can do is restore and do the anysim thing again but thats very inconvient as it takes me hours to get my iPhone outfitted in the third apps I love

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have exactly samething but im running 1.1.2 oob soft updated to 1.1.3... im even using the Tubosim i still get empty bars with no Tmobile icon...
    the think it is from the baseband but please guys help us.

What's Jailbreak? stevenisHAUNTED's Avatar
    Thanks

same happened to me on 1.1.3 soft, i've been through 1.0.2 and 1.1.1. nothing has helped me. i'm 'unlocked' on 1.1.1 currently but it doesn't show the t-mobile carrier, it just shows bars, everything works except the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same Here
    Hey guys-

I'm not a complete noob here, I joined up before there was a gui jailbreak and we were ./iphucing like crazy. Alas, I went away and I have forgotten my previous username.

Anyways, I am having a very similar problem. My phone was bought the day after release, and is currently at 1.1.1, although I have downgraded from 1.1.2 back to 1.1.1 a couple of times. I am a first time unlocker as of today though. I followed the instructions at i.unlock.no and they worked the first time, and it was great. Then I rebooted to find the same results that you guys are having. I have virginized, downgraded, ran one-sim, ran any-sim again. Nothing helps. Here are my stats in case it can help.

version: 1.1.1 (3a109a)
    model MA712LL
    modem FW 04.01.13_G

Everything seems to be in working order to me. I even went back to 1.0.2 and then upgraded to 1.1.1, I'm at a loss and have been googling and googling looking for a glimmer of hope. I have 17 tabs open in camino right now.

Oh ya I am running 10.5 on a PPC although that should not matter, unless there is some magical tool that is intel only. In which case I have a hackintosh laptop that should do the trick.

thanks

What's Jailbreak? stevenisHAUNTED's Avatar
    Thanks

well my phone is working great now, the problem was the sim, i don't see why but now i'm really careful about which sim i put in during the jailbreak and unlocking processes.

edit: i think t-mobile is stopping iphones because my phone was working absolutely fine up until today and i called them to change my messaging and data plans.
    Last edited by stevenisHAUNTED; 01-29-2008 at 06:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump... anybody have any suggestions!?!?!?!?