Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 and tmobile edge doest not work

Default 1.1.3 and tmobile edge doest not work
    hey guys i updated to 1.1.3 last nite...everythin is fine except my internet is not working...i am usin 5.99 plan...i tried to go into settings and when i click on edge there is no apn listed...so i tried to enter it and for some reason it doest save it...anybody with the same problem or similar problem of internet not working after upgrading to 1.1.3 ???? any help will be appreciated...thanx

Default I have the same problem
    I am having the same problem as you are. I upgraded the firmware using the method mentioned here and my tmobile tzones hack does not work. An additional problem is when I go to try to edit the edge apn settings I can type in one box just fine and then when I move to the next I get a black screen and I am kicked to the homescreen. Please Help!

what information are you trying to enter in for APN, user name and password?
    Week 48 1.1.2 Downgraded, Jailbroken, and working with stealthsim on Tmobile...

Default Same thing!
    I have the EXACT same problem.. I'm going to bookmark this thread in case some solutions may arise..

When I try to enter wap.voicestream.com into the APN, sometimes it would go back to the home screen. Other times it wouldn't save.

I tried updating the files with ibrickr, adding new proxy.pac and pref.plist files, but still didn't work.

I'll let you guys know if I find a solution.

Same problem here with the $5.99 plan. Safari, Maps and Weather DO NOT work, but Mail does work via EDGE. I can connect and retrieve mail headers, read all text but any embedded HTML won't load. Suggestions?

hey guys I'm having the same problem as well. I have learned that if it's not saving your settings just reset all settings and it will stick. Even after I fix the saving problem and enter wap.voicestream.com and guest for username and password it still won't work however.

EDIT-as someone stated in an earlier post, my mail works on EDGE but nothing else. Any one have any ideas?
    Last edited by grantmaier687; 01-25-2008 at 02:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    hey guys I'm having the same problem as well. I have learned that if it's not saving your settings just reset all settings and it will stick. Even after I fix the saving problem and enter wap.voicestream.com and guest for username and password it still won't work however.
    Solution is to Reset ALL Settings.

I just installed boss prefs from installer and installed boss edge fix after that. It told me I needed to download something first (forgot it) anyway, It fixed my edge problem and I can now enter VPN, user name and password.

Also, I have installed stumbler, camera pro, ilevel and flashlight.

All are working on 1.1.3.

Good luck...
    Week 48 1.1.2 Downgraded, Jailbroken, and working with stealthsim on Tmobile...

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    Solution is to Reset ALL Settings.
    this did not work for me.

thanks for the replies, I tried resetting all settings, but It still doesn't work.

I still don't get edge, the edge icon doesn't even appear.

bump
    Last edited by joepic; 01-25-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepic View Post
    thanks for the replies, I tried resetting all settings, but It still doesn't work.

I still don't get edge, the edge icon doesn't even appear.

bump
    Worked fine for me. I did notice that once I reset all setting, my phone rebooted. Make sure your phone also reboots and then try.

did you install the preferences.plist file and proxy.pac file?

I did, should I delete them?

i used the BigBoss T-Mobile TZones Hack and that worked...my edge works now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepic View Post
    did you install the preferences.plist file and proxy.pac file?

I did, should I delete them?
    This is what you need to do.

thanks, but still no luck...

it can get my email for some reason, but It doesn't work for anything else.

the edge icon still doesn't even appear.

bump

should I delete the proxy.pac file? should I reinstall 1.1.1 and do it again?

if i do, what should I do first to get it working?

bump

should I delete the proxy.pac file? should I reinstall 1.1.1 and do it again?

if i do, what should I do first to get it working?
    Last edited by joepic; 01-26-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Tzone hack works on 1.1.3
    I upgraded from 1.1.1 unlocked to 1.1.3 nate true style. I am using TZones. My EDGE did not work at first. I reset the NETWORK settings, then installed the BigBoss edge fix and then the TZones hack both from installer. Rebooted my phone and it worked.... It did take about 1 min for it to connect but after that it's been working great. I also had to reinstall the Youtube patch to make it work on WIFI... next thing is Google maps... I installed LocateMe but it wasnt able to locate me in my house...

ADDED: Eventhough the EDGE does work now, there is still no actual EDGE icon... no big deal i'm sure there will be a patch for that in the near future.
    Last edited by yakface; 01-26-2008 at 06:05 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yakface For This Useful Post:

joepic (01-30-2008)

Thanks for the info, that fix my TZones problem with 1.1.3
    now only if Google locateme would work I will be one happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by yakface View Post
    I upgraded from 1.1.1 unlocked to 1.1.3 nate true style. I am using TZones. My EDGE did not work at first. I reset the NETWORK settings, then installed the BigBoss edge fix and then the TZones hack both from installer. Rebooted my phone and it worked.... It did take about 1 min for it to connect but after that it's been working great. I also had to reinstall the Youtube patch to make it work on WIFI... next thing is Google maps... I installed LocateMe but it wasnt able to locate me in my house...

ADDED: Eventhough the EDGE does work now, there is still no actual EDGE icon... no big deal i'm sure there will be a patch for that in the near future.

WILL NOT WORK FOR ME THUS FAR
    i have a 50th week iphone, jailbroken with stealthsim and upgraded to 1.1.3 and i am running on a windows machine
    installed the 1.1.3 prefs fix, installed the tzones hack, manually installed the plist and pac file, reset network settings, put in wap.voicestream.com, reset my handset and have repeatedly done this process in every possible order you can think of all to no avail. My E shows up, and it turns blue when i open safari, but no data transfer occurs.
    the only note worthy cange that has occured from this is that my wap.voicestream.com sticks, and i can no longer remove and reinstall boss prefs fix, gives me a script error, but that is still after the fact that i managed to do everything anyone has mentioned about this problem..any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by renerabbitt; 01-26-2008 at 10:49 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to renerabbitt For This Useful Post:

bonecrusha818 (02-28-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by yakface View Post

Hi, How do you install the BigBoss and TZones hack?

can you guide me through it?

Thanks

It's working for me just fine. I'm on 1.1.3 and I have the $5.99 plan.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast