+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: constant voicemail notification

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so ive tried searching for this for a week solid now and found nothing to do with recieving a voicemail notification, only about not recieving a voicemail notification. i have
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default constant voicemail notification
    so ive tried searching for this for a week solid now and found nothing to do with recieving a voicemail notification, only about not recieving a voicemail notification.

i have an unlocked iphone running 1.1.4 on t-mobile. when i initially unlocked the phone my sim was out for about an hour and during that time i recieved a voicemail. when i did the unlock and the phone connected the t-mobile it immediately gave me an alert that i had a voicemail. i checked the message, deleted it, and the notification went away. following that, after each restart of the phone the voicemail notification comes on immediately after the phone has booted. i figured it was something written in the registry from first connection to the t-mobile network. eventually i reset the firmware on the phone and unlocked and setup the phone again. it still to this day gives me the voicemail notification everytime the phone starts when there is no voicemail waiting.

i dont know if anyone else has had this experience, but any info on what i can do to resolve this would be GREAT!

thanks in advance

Thanks

Try a DFU restore back to 1.1.4. Be sure to setup as NEW and not backup.

Jailbreak,unlock and activate with iliberty+

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I have run into this before. Are you a AT&T customer? If you are you can request for voice mail password to be sent to you by email but the password is normaly the 10 digit phone number (or try the 7 digits also).
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default new sim from tmobile store
    Get a new sim. It fixed everything for me
    Quote Originally Posted by alantoo View Post
    so ive tried searching for this for a week solid now and found nothing to do with recieving a voicemail notification, only about not recieving a voicemail notification.

i have an unlocked iphone running 1.1.4 on t-mobile. when i initially unlocked the phone my sim was out for about an hour and during that time i recieved a voicemail. when i did the unlock and the phone connected the t-mobile it immediately gave me an alert that i had a voicemail. i checked the message, deleted it, and the notification went away. following that, after each restart of the phone the voicemail notification comes on immediately after the phone has booted. i figured it was something written in the registry from first connection to the t-mobile network. eventually i reset the firmware on the phone and unlocked and setup the phone again. it still to this day gives me the voicemail notification everytime the phone starts when there is no voicemail waiting.

i dont know if anyone else has had this experience, but any info on what i can do to resolve this would be GREAT!

thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Obviously you didn't do a good enough search because if you would of scrolled down the front page of this forum section, you would have seen another thread with 10+ responses about the same question. Simply put, you need to get a new sim card from T-Mobile.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile