Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Network Selection Carrier error

Exclamation Network Selection Carrier error
    Hi,
    I changed the carrier from automatic to T-mobile and now when I press carrier in the settings it says error. Is that bad? Should I restore network settings or will it mess up the unlocked feature of the phone? It seems to be working ok except once it said that my network failed. Please let me know what I can do or if I do not need to worry about it. Thanks so much.
    Dalinda

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it as long as the phone is working. You may have gotten the error just because you didn't have service. I think i've had this happen to me. So if the phone works fine, just leave it.

I have the same problem with my phone except that it still says there is "No Service. I am using an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone which I jailbroke and downgraded firmware to 1.1.1. For the unlock, I am using Hyper Sim which I installed today. Not sure what to do....or rather, how to get my sim card to actually work with the phone...please help.

Default Network Selection. Error
    Did you have any luck working out the problem ?

Iphone : V 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Firmware : 03.14.08_G

Problem is that Phone does not connect to any network (several sims tried), it just shows zero signal in the top corner. If going into the Settings, Carrier Settings when clicked displays "error"

AnySim V1.2.1u Unlocked it fine
    Baseband Downgrader : v1.2
    The Virginizer V 1.3 (ran just to check)
    BSD Subsystem V 2.0