Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
T-mobileforums, a part of the
FIRST THANKS TO ReVan for the ORGINAL guide to fix settings and krazeazn for the command corrections(which are included in these instructions) Here is T-Mobile USA plist i made with...
11-26-2007, 07:36 PM #1Carrier Settings for T-Mobile USA on 1.12 (PLIST INCLUDED)
FIRST THANKS TO ReVan for the ORGINAL guide to fix settings and krazeazn for the command corrections(which are included in these instructions)
Here is T-Mobile USA plist i made with the carriers sim section set to tmobile: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1560
Here is link to ReVan's tools file aswell: (just remove the "**********" and put "rapidshare" instead) http://**********.com/files/69789887/tools.zip
- Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
- Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
- Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402(The T-Mobile USA one we are using is 310260)
- Open the T-Mobile.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file if necessary & change the supported sim section in the plist)
- Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
- Open putty and connect to your phone
- Type bash at the prompt
- Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
- Type ln -s YOURCARRIER.plist NUMBERe.g ln -s T-Mobile.plist 310260- Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
- Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
- You should be set, no reboot needed
good luck to every1
IM NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT FROM THE 2PPL, JUST CORRECTING ONE PART OF THE STEPS AND ADDING MY PLIST FOR DOWNLOAD
Last edited by 360boi; 11-30-2007 at 08:48 AM.
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM #2
Nice. I'll make a clearer Wiki soon.
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM #3
Sorry. You can not download this file today. Download traffic for your country is empty.
11-30-2007, 12:11 AM #4
11-30-2007, 01:50 AM #5any word?
will this work if i used iWorld and selected United States from the list?
I followed the steps, and I still have nothing where the carrier name should be under "PHONE" menu. that button has been removed somehow...
Last edited by vii; 11-30-2007 at 02:26 AM.
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM #6
i have the exact same problem as vii
12-01-2007, 01:08 PM #7
i have used the following steps without iworld and for T-mobile USA only.
Not sure if this helps, but....
if you used 360boi's plist the last command is "ln -s T-Mobile.plist 310260" without quotations
if you used my plist the last command is "ln -s TMobile_USA.plist 310260"
12-04-2007, 11:07 AM #8
do you have to create a 310260.plist file?
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM #9
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM #10
anyone want to help create an installer package for this? I will add it to my source but could use some help creating it.
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM #11
I dont know what i am doing wrong. I did the process twice. restarted the phone witl old atnt sim also and with my t-mobile sim also. but i am still not getting that setting menu under 'Phone'.
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM #12
Wondering if this will work with 1.1.1 or if there already is a download for 1.1.1 carrier settings? Any help is appreciated.
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM #13
any chance of a guide for 1.1.3? thanks
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM #14
yeah does anybody have a way to do the settings for fw 1.1.3.....
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM #15
hey guys. alright i'll try to answer some of the questions for the people who need help on this on 1.12 a lil later but i just wanted to say something for 1.13.
when i updated jailbroken to 1.13 i tried to figure out a way to do this on 1.13 and so far i got nothing but one thing. i might be able to do something but i need for someone to tell me how i can create a symlink. if sum1 could tell me i could try and figure somethng else.
for now a nice alternative is to just put all the numbers into the adressbook and then u can just click on the numbers. works the same as having it in the phone section its just in ur adress book lol.
02-17-2008, 04:44 PM #16
any od the moderators or anybody have a solution for this......
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM #17
I have submitted a bundle for pre-paid T-Mobile (1.1.3), right now waiting for approval in the Downloads section. I'll let you know when it's available