+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: " imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect????

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is anyone having problems recieving email but able to send it? Iphone is acting up with email thru Yahoo, can anyone out there in the Iphone brain world help???
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default " imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect????
    is anyone having problems recieving email but able to send it? Iphone is acting up with email thru Yahoo, can anyone out there in the Iphone brain world help???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com - with no problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy my yahoo account is not working
    i don't understand when you get a chance can u walk me through

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had the same problem,for a few days,but then it suddenly dissapered and my YAHOO account works perfectly now though...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know whether or not you have a paid account or what they call a plus account. They recently changed their pop and smtp access by adding "plus" in front of their incoming and outgoing servers. You can check the setting by logging into your yahoo account and searching under; options - mail options - pop and forwarding - setup, and then, view pop settings. It will give you something along the following -

incoming server - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com, ssl authentication on, enter your password, port 995

outgoing server - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com, ssl authentication on, enter your password, port 465

Again this is for the paid service, I think it's like $14.95 per year.

Now, I should mention that these are the exact same settings that I have in my Mail app (I'm on a Mac) and these settings automatically sync with my phone, so I've never had to make any changes to my phone settings.

Hope that helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    can someone please help with the email problem with yahoo, i tried everything, well almost everything. I even went to there site ( yahoo ) and did this " At the beginning of BOTH the POP and SMTP server address settings, add the word "plus." (period included).

That is,

Incoming Mail Server (POP3):
    plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
    plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Where do I do that?
    Generally, you can find these settings under the Tools or Preferences menus within your particular email program.

Thanks. We understand that this has been frustrating, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Instructions for POP'ing mail into other clients
    and nothing happened, please hellllllllllllllllllppppp...

iPhone? More like MyPhone lookatthemonkeys's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem on a jailbroke/unlocked 1.1.4 iPhone. Solution for me was to install the youtube activation fix from installer (you may need to add a source). I tried dozens of things but this worked for me. Installed the fix, restarted phone, and both mail and youtube worked.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yup... i've seen many people install the "youtube fix" and/or the "youtube activator" and it seems to correct the mail issue for some reason.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would like to see a setting that enables you to turn off the outgoing mail server for Yahoo Mail (currently not possible) so that mail can be sent from an inactive Gmail SMTP outgoing mail server. That way you can use the Yahoo Push Mail for all incoming mail, and all outgoing mail would be sent through your gmail account. Complicated, because Gmail doesn't have push, but it does have forwarding, whereas Yahoo Mail does have push, but it doesn't have forwarding. This way, I would only have to manage one account on my iPhone (Yahoo), not two. If you try and turn it OFF, it still says ON, so long as Yahoo mail is active.